Teens React to JNCO Jeans

methodwriter85

Modern-day teens react to the late 1990's fad, JNCO Jeans.

It's pretty hilarious watching young people react to fads from your own youth like they're the craziest things.

I was slightly young for this trend- it really hit more with the people that were in high school in the late 1990's and it was done by the time I started high school in 2001. I remember going to Goodwill in the early 2000's and seeing a TON of these jeans there. I do remember the fad, though- it was very popular with skater and raver types.

I think the only guys who could pull this off were tall and skinny rave and skater guys, wearing them with wifebeaters.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

• Site Administrator

That's freaking hilarious. I can remember wearing the huge pants all the time, but girls paired them guy boxers and a baby doll shirt, so there wasn't quite so much skin showing if they fell down--like they always did!

I'm like James.  I laughed at them and criticized those wearing them, but would never wear a pair myself. 

I laughed at Dumbos (that's what we called them) but, I never actually criticized anyone for wearing them.

They looked so wretched, criticizing them would have been redundant.

dumbo_zpsxzltpnnx.jpg JNCO_zpsitha9nkb.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I remember those!  Along with oversized overalls which the suspenders kept falling down.

I love the part where the girl said, "You look like you think you look cool."  Because I mean, that's why those dudes wore them, cause they're so "hardcore."  LOL 

Disclaimer:  I might have worn those, but honestly I could not remember.  ;)

What I used to wear as a teen is back in style again. It makes me wish I hadn't thrown out my "vintage" 80s wardrobe.

Expect that these will make a come back by the time you guys reach your 40s...

Excrament on a cracker...what I used to wear is 'vintage' now.

*cries*

• Site Administrator

What I used to wear as a teen is back in style again. It makes me wish I hadn't thrown out my "vintage" 80s wardrobe.

My 80's wardrobe wouldn't fit me any more... :( I'm not exactly the same shape I was then 0:)

• Like 1

He, he... I remember what I wore in the 80s... Somehow, it's back in fashion. I have some outfits left from those days, but I'm not sure the world is ready for a 40-year-old mother of two dressing like that!

• Like 2

^ pegged (skinny) jeans! I tried some of those on the other day. Still don't look good on my stubby legs. 

I'll have to do short shorts once I get my tan back.

It make me think of a couple years ago when guys and some girls were wearing those very baggy jeans (not as wide leg as those JENCO) that they wore like way below their ass, showing their boxer short and it looked like they'd pooped in it. :no:

There's a french humorist and in one of his show he says that with the years the pants are getting down and down: In the 40' at the belly button with suspenders, 2000' at the waist, so normal that in 2010 it's at the ass and it'll make sense that in 2030 all the youngsters will wear their pants at their knees... :whistle:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness I was a toddler so I don't have to remember people actually wearing that (it would have left a scar upon my soul retinas).

My sympathy for all you 90's teenagers :)

Not that this is much better:

corpusongilt.jpg

I wasn't really a 90's teenager...more like a early/mid-2000's teenager...we dressed more like this:

FB_Purple-Popped-Collar.jpg

I really miss being able to pop my collar and not look dumb. LOL. I can't wait for that look to come back in when I'm in my 40's.

Edited by methodwriter85

Oh god! Don't remind me of those ridiculous pants...

tumblr_mmkfzlsCWf1rahxfpo1_500.jpg

...It's the "man" that wears them that makes it so ridiculous

Here is my view on fashion: generic t-shirt, (almost) skinny or regular jeans, and converses make for my own "high fashion." 

I do think a generic v-neck, skinny or regular jeans, and converses will look good on almost any guy without looking too dated.

Just be glad neither of us had our childhood in the 1970's:

osmonds.jpg

I've always joked that the reason people had such good music and films in the 1970's was to cope with how hideous-looking the polyester clothing and color palettes were. Harvest gold and avocado green and ugly earth tones, ugh.

Edited by methodwriter85

Just be glad neither of us had our childhood in the 1970's

On the bright side: 70's fashion makes for GREAT Halloween costumes...

...On the downside: they make for terrifying photos of our parents :D