... it's ironic a straight guy tells Colt he was just perfect for him ... I guess that's the 'roids talking.

Or Colt gave him a purpose?  He was bred to be a nose, coveted solely for his ability to hunt queens.  Colt knows what it's like to feel like you're only wanted for what you can give (the 'roids)  He gave Al love, a home, a pack and a purpose.  His being a nose, was just a bonus. Colt would have taken him in and loved him without his ability.  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

Or Colt gave him a purpose?  He was bred to be a nose, coveted solely for his ability to hunt queens.  Colt knows what it's like to feel like you're only wanted for what you can give (the 'roids)  He gave Al love, a home, a pack and a purpose.  His being a nose, was just a bonus. Colt would have taken him in and loved him without his ability.  

Colt = Mother Theresa? ;-)

As for Al... He was finally in a pack the VALUED him. Remember the Chestnut pack may be big and powerful but its been in decline since Galina and Giovanni did whatever they did with the Winter Fir fight. It has no 'real' leadership and its purpose has been geared towards facilitating the Orifice. Its allowed the belittling and beating of Outer Circle wolves. It hasn't instilled the core values of pack let alone those of the different positions within the pack. Al didn't know what an enforcer was supposed to be until he saw what CE, Sam and Isaac have done with Colt/Prime's Pack. Don't you remember that nice Prompt between Al and Sam going over all this?

By joining Colt/Prime's Pack he finally was valued, he was shown what Enforcers were supposed to be. He was with people he liked to be around instead of going with the 'popular/power' route that the Chestnut Pack has been reduced to.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

SPOILERS!!!!!

So with Deaths 8 we have some 'unknown' characters in the flashbacks.

• Unknown 1
    • Long Dark Haired pale thing guy outside Colt's Window wanting him to open it and offering the latest Console with a popular game.
  • Unknown 2
    • Long Black Haired thin Whip User at HQ in San Fran.
    • Something about this guy was familiar to Colt.
    • Colt smelled of a odd Cologne suddenly
    • Colt smelled Gas at one point when 'the door opened'
    • He was highly interested in Colt. Appearing to be trying to seduce him.
    • Followed Colt out of the bar when he left until he 'smelled' that Colt was 'safe' yet had no desire to get Colt anywhere else to be 'safe' while Colt was inside the bar
    • He knows Colt's first name.
    • Ran back to the bar as a Lumberjack looking guy entered.
  • Unknown 3
    • Lumberjack entering HQ after Colt was a ways away.
    • a big guy in a tight long-sleeved T-shirt and jeans, which barely hid his meaty ass and even meatier thighs.C
    • Colt thought he might know this Lumberjack.

So just who are the 3 people? Are any of them the same person? Are any Vampires, Shifters, Shamans or Noses?

Unknown 1 is obviously a Vampire since they are the only ones who fly.

Unknown 2 could be Vamp/Shaman or Shifter/Nose.

Unknown 3 by their description sounds like a Shifter.

Unknown 1 and 2 both have long 'dark' hair. So they could potentially be the same person. Colt did find something 'familiar' about him and both had an interest in Colt.

If Unknown 2 is a Vampire why are they conserned about Colt being 'safe'? By being so 'interested' in Colt are they trying to 'get to him' or to 'test him'? Why chase back into the bar after a Shifter?

If Unknown 2 is a Shifter why wasn't he conserned about Colt while in the bar when he started to get 'sick'? He was focused on staying close to and protecting Colt until he 'smelled' he was safe before running back into the bar after another Shifter. What is so important about this fact?

Who could Unknown 3 be that would be a lumberjack type that Colt could recognize?

Bianca/MaryAnn thought that Colt would be sick and thus not able to go to San Fran with Terrance after Peter drugged Colt's drink at the frat party. But did she find out he was able to go? Did she send someone else after him to keep him away from Prime's pack?

Those three? The ideas I got were René, Galina and CE...

Reading ch 8 made me think of my own time in high school (equivalent) and as a nerdy girl who sucked at sports I can relate. Although, I think boys have it worse here. If you aren't athletic as a boy, you are in the eyes of many peers useless. Now, when I make a nice living off my juicy brain, I can't say I wished for a different outcome in the genetic lottery, but still it was tough back then. Too many may get stuck on feeling useless for the rest of their lives.

Also, I couldn't help wondering who gave Colt the Lego? Betsy sent ut? Weird way of manipulation.

Those three? The ideas I got were René, Galina and CE...

Reading ch 8 made me think of my own time in high school (equivalent) and as a nerdy girl who sucked at sports I can relate. Although, I think boys have it worse here. If you aren't athletic as a boy, you are in the eyes of many peers useless. Now, when I make a nice living off my juicy brain, I can't say I wished for a different outcome in the genetic lottery, but still it was tough back then. Too many may get stuck on feeling useless for the rest of their lives.

Also, I couldn't help wondering who gave Colt the Lego? Betsy sent ut? Weird way of manipulation.

So you think Unknown 3 wasn't Adam but was CE? We know he had been following Colt keeping an eye on him for 'someone'.

Unknown 2's actions seemed more Shifter to me than Vampire. It's only the build description that makes me lean towards a Vamp. The odd Cologne and Gas smells also weren't associated with him but with something else in or outside the room.

With Unknown 1 René isn't a bad guess as he is the only one we know of who has gone to windows to prompt children to open them...

As for the Lego... In this flashback we see his 'mother' actually caring about him so I'd wager a guess that at some point she was a slightly decent mother and would get him stuff like that.

As for the Lego... In this flashback we see his 'mother' actually caring about him so I'd wager a guess that at some point she was a slightly decent mother and would get him stuff like that.

My guess would have been Colt's grandparents in Poland.

I've never thought about who would have given him the Legos (or have I?) - maybe there's a prompt story in there ...

And regarding CE: I cannot say ...

Prompt Lego.... Colt gets taken to Lego Land in Denmark where he gets introduced to his first Chocolate Coconut bar.

My subconscious is contagious. Everything means something.

No really its because the Mean Meta Author likes taking little things have them have a real meaning later on. All those evil mean twists makes it so we can't just appreciate something.... Next thing we know Ropes Master and 21st Birthday boy will be major people... Ropes guy is someone like Haliburt while 21st is someone used to try and corrupt the wolves.

Maybe I get inspired this week ... unless PkC keeps distracting me with all those hunks in uniform  0:)

OH SURE.... blame me for fueling your mind....

No really its because the Mean Meta Author likes taking little things have them have a real meaning later on. All those evil mean twists makes it so we can't just appreciate something.... Next thing we know Ropes Master and 21st Birthday boy will be major people... Ropes guy is someone like Haliburt while 21st is someone used to try and corrupt the wolves.

Well, I have 3 more books to fill ...