Or the loooove!

I doubt there will be anything traditional about the pack. They make their own.

I guess all of that and about having fucked up. So it is dream time. Some marine is going to suffer. Good night.

I guess all of that and about having fucked up. So it is dream time. Some marine is going to suffer. Good night.

I was about to say sweet dreams, but that doesn't seem right. So naughty dreams!

He has the sounds of rattling chains as the music to lull him to sleep.

I'm here with my Uncle, and he's telling us about his trip to DC. He's a Vietnam vet. Apparently there was an event where he was highly offended by all the Army talk. His words: "it was Army this Army that. We were the effin Marines! We went in, took care of what we needed to. We don't need to brag." All I am reminded of was this forum.

• Like 2

I'm here with my Uncle, and he's telling us about his trip to DC. He's a Vietnam vet. Apparently there was an event where he was highly offended by all the Army talk. His words: "it was Army this Army that. We were the effin Marines! We went in, took care of what we needed to. We don't need to brag." All I am reminded of was this forum.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that you were reminded of this forum?

This isn't meant as an attack on your Uncle or you but as for 'All the Army Talk' when you get a number of vets together and they start talking about 'that time period' when they were deployed typically people share their experiences. Most people don't use that as bragging time but yes there are some who do in EVERY SERVICE even the 'effin Marines'. There are always the 'jocks bragging in the locker room' types vs 'everyone else'. The main use for people talking over their experiences is they are actually around people who UNDERSTAND. They don't have to be on guard or secretive. This actually serves people as a form of theropy even if they don't realize it. I know people who NEVER talk about their experiences with 'anyone' but once in a blue moon if you get others with 'similar experience' there and they are talking they come out of their shell and it ends up helping them.

Oh, it was a good thing.

I understand well what you're saying and it is true. It was just funny to see him and his buddy get fluffed up. Which is why I was reminded of the military jokes around here.

Ah ok cool. I'll hold off making a Marine joke with reguards to his reaction and comment though :X

Coma Colt?   :lol:  I'm not sure he'd appreciate the nickname :P

Would you prefer.... Coma Meta... Meta Coma.. Sleeping Meta... Sleeping Colt... Sleeping Notsobeauty... :gikkle:

Until a certain Meta Author coins a phrase it can be whatever we want it to be :funny:

• Like 1

Would you prefer.... Coma Meta... Meta Coma.. Sleeping Meta... Sleeping Colt... Sleeping Notsobeauty... :gikkle:

Until a certain Meta Author coins a phrase it can be whatever we want it to be :funny:

Sorry all my wicked evilness was focused on two screaming kids on a plane and writing a prompt (wth Tim).

Oh joy another plane ride with screaming kids.... don't they make noise canceling headphones for that...

Noise cancelling phones are perfect for monotonous mechanical sounds but not for human voices ... and I have been told babies are humans.

• Like 2

You should just move back here! I just discovered that a class mate of my daughter has a dad who is 190 cm, built as a friggin' house, ginger and with regulation hair cut. I was very close to snapping a picture, before I realized that would be very weird...

• Like 1

You should just move back here! I just discovered that a class mate of my daughter has a dad who is 190 cm, built as a friggin' house, ginger and with regulation hair cut. I was very close to snapping a picture, before I realized that would be very weird...

I think a picture should have been taken

So? That guy has nothing on PTA-dad!  Besides, it rains way more in Bergen.

I am sorry to point that out: Bergen is in Norway ... not Sweden ... <evil grin>

And I am just crazy enough to do that.

I think a picture should have been taken