There's the seed of an interesting prompt here. ;)

I have to admit I have no idea whether JAR has forgotten about them, are ignoring them for now, or are keeping us in the dark on purpose.

Well.... this is JAR we are talking about... it could EASILY be any of those!!!! And even if it were the fact he 'forgot about them' he could play it off as 'kept in the dark on purpose'.

I do HEAVILY agree that it has the makings of a Prompt. In addition to that said prompt could also include(if it doesn't already exist as a flashback in the book) Stan and family returning to ShadowLands in the past 11 months. Just how much would fit into this Prompt I haven't a clue until JAR decides the fate of Samantha and her kids, it coudl be we have to wait to learn more until Will is 'found' and dealt with by CE. I have a feeling the 'fallout' with the Tennesse pack has to do with the Battle and whatever advise Stan and Will gave their new Alpha about allying with Prime/Colt's Pack.

• Like 2

I just went back into some of my older prompt suggestions and found this little gem

• Book 4 Time Period

• We never learn or see what happens when one of the Inner Circle Wolves was called on to go assist Will’s Wife break away from him. We never learn if she ended up staying in the Mt Patterson pack with her 2 kids or was forced to go with Will.

• JAR's response +++I think Samantha deserves a prompt one day given what she had to go through after Burt/CE ran away from the arranged marriage with her, and she ending up with his loser of a brother.+++

• Like 1

Are you playing a banjo?

You do know what that means in Swedish...? LOL

:huh: I dont...

Has everybody read ch. 9?

Is it indecent?

I'd forgotten about that. But I'm sure CE has done his best to look after them, when he wasn't guarding Colt. And once his parents got back to the pack, they probably helped with their grandkids, maybe even sharing a house?

CE lives in the "space ship." ;-)

Well.... this is JAR we are talking about... it could EASILY be any of those!!!! And even if it were the fact he 'forgot about them' he could play it off as 'kept in the dark on purpose'.

I do HEAVILY agree that it has the makings of a Prompt. In addition to that said prompt could also include(if it doesn't already exist as a flashback in the book) Stan and family returning to ShadowLands in the past 11 months. Just how much would fit into this Prompt I haven't a clue until JAR decides the fate of Samantha and her kids, it coudl be we have to wait to learn more until Will is 'found' and dealt with by CE. I have a feeling the 'fallout' with the Tennesse pack has to do with the Battle and whatever advise Stan and Will gave their new Alpha about allying with Prime/Colt's Pack.

'Kept dark on purpose.' We all know where the light switch is ...  :D

of course he does, but that wouldn't prevent him from checking up on his sister-in-law and the kids.

Oh, and aren't you getting ahead of yourself with that name for the new house? :unsure:

Edited by Timothy M.

Is it indecent?

'Kept dark on purpose.' We all know where the light switch is ...  :D

Space Ship.... more like a Colony, Settlement or Fort! Btw Burt come from Burton which comes from burg aka FORT!

I don't know if we want to fight JAR's "light switch" he'd become very distracted and stop writing!!!!

• Like 1

Or he'd be too happy and everything would turn out roses and unicorns! Imagine the horror!

Rainbows ... you forgot the rainbows.

So you are willingly extending my suffering to benefit from the consequences ... .like a doctor refusing to reattach Van Gogh's ear so he'll paint more pretty sunflowers???

Mean Meta Author! MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't encourage him!

So you are willingly extending my suffering to benefit from the consequences ... .like a doctor refusing to reattach Van Gogh's ear so he'll paint more pretty sunflowers???

Do you really think I would object if Meta turned romantic?

Presenting people's exhibit A: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/puppilull/puppilullspromptresponses

So after Deaths 9 what do you all think about the first chapters of Deaths?

We now know that Colt 'became' the White Wolf and then went into a Coma. The Doctor was 'treating him' and at the end Colt's body mauled the Doctor's chest. Did the Doctor do something to Colt other than try to kill him? Did he facilitate that Mental Assault that lasted 11 months with some drug/herb coctail? How was 'MaryAnn' able to get into Colt's mind if the entire time he was in his coma he was guarded?

And yes I'm sure that by the end of Fate we'll know this... but come on speculate!

Edited by PkCrichton

If I'm to speculate (and I do since it's fun) this is what I have to offer:

I think becoming the White wolf took such a toll on Colt, not used to shifting and having buried his wolf side so deep it had to fight to get out, that he fell into the coma. MaryAnn used this weakened state to try and mind fuck him. She didn't have to be in the room, just as she didn't have to follow Prime around when shadowing him. The doctor tried to kill Colt, but discreetly. I don't think he's working with MaryAnn as well. While MaryAnn was in there, she prolonged the coma by making him hesitate about his choice to not embrace his vampire side.

As for Colt being the White wolf or being used by the WW to fight in the battle, it could be like when saints perform miracles. A higher power working through him. Kind of like Jesus (but not in a sacrilegious way...)

• Like 3

If I'm to speculate (and I do since it's fun) this is what I have to offer:

I think becoming the White wolf took such a toll on Colt, not used to shifting and having buried his wolf side so deep it had to fight to get out, that he fell into the coma. MaryAnn used this weakened state to try and mind fuck him. She didn't have to be in the room, just as she didn't have to follow Prime around when shadowing him. The doctor tried to kill Colt, but discreetly. I don't think he's working with MaryAnn as well. While MaryAnn was in there, she prolonged the coma by making him hesitate about his choice to not embrace his vampire side.

As for Colt being the White wolf or being used by the WW to fight in the battle, it could be like when saints perform miracles. A higher power working through him. Kind of like Jesus (but not in a sacrilegious way...)

Redemptor topos ... I love it ...

It is fun to speculate..

On the White Wolf I'm not so sure that its really Colt that IS the White Wolf and not that Colt has been Enabled to Become the White Wolf. He's had the genetic disposition to have the become it which has shown up a few times of need(Adam raping him, Adam about to kill him, Al/Curt breaking in to take him, Curt nearly drowning him). Then in the 'greatest' moment of need as the 9th 'queen/king' (oil, powder and cologne smell) was about to get him and his wolves were all overwhelmed about to be killed it was manifested fully but in doing so it weakened him. Its only after both his genetic disposition, having a fully bonded inner circle with the tattoo manifested that in great need it formed in full.

So yes the coma could have been a side effect of becoming the manifested White Wolf but was it supposed to be that long? Was there something else that prolonged the recooperation time period? I don't think a 'mental prison' would be enough to keep him in a coma on its own.

Was it really MaryAnn that was in the Mental Prison with Colt? When Prime was shadowed he didn't have discussions and visions with MaryAnn in them he was just being manipulated and controlled. Vampires can't shadow anyone with vampire blood do just what was this Mental Prison/Dreamscape? The Dreamscape/Prison MaryAnn had some things that felt off to me when you looked at everything she knew about Colt by then yet she kept using the 'preconceptions' that everyone had of Colt coupled with the fact that it has always felt like MaryAnn already knew Colt from his 13th birthday event yet alternate MaryAnn didn't know him prior to 'china' and wth was she in China when she's an American queen?!?!?!

• Like 2

It is fun to speculate..

On the White Wolf I'm not so sure that its really Colt that IS the White Wolf and not that Colt has been Enabled to Become the White Wolf. He's had the genetic disposition to have the become it which has shown up a few times of need(Adam raping him, Adam about to kill him, Al/Curt breaking in to take him, Curt nearly drowning him). Then in the 'greatest' moment of need as the 9th 'queen/king' (oil, powder and cologne smell) was about to get him and his wolves were all overwhelmed about to be killed it was manifested fully but in doing so it weakened him. Its only after both his genetic disposition, having a fully bonded inner circle with the tattoo manifested that in great need it formed in full.

So yes the coma could have been a side effect of becoming the manifested White Wolf but was it supposed to be that long? Was there something else that prolonged the recooperation time period? I don't think a 'mental prison' would be enough to keep him in a coma on its own.

Was it really MaryAnn that was in the Mental Prison with Colt? When Prime was shadowed he didn't have discussions and visions with MaryAnn in them he was just being manipulated and controlled. Vampires can't shadow anyone with vampire blood do just what was this Mental Prison/Dreamscape? The Dreamscape/Prison MaryAnn had some things that felt off to me when you looked at everything she knew about Colt by then yet she kept using the 'preconceptions' that everyone had of Colt coupled with the fact that it has always felt like MaryAnn already knew Colt from his 13th birthday event yet alternate MaryAnn didn't know him prior to 'china' and wth was she in China when she's an American queen?!?!?!

Uuuuuhhh. MaryAnn wasn't MaryAnn. It's getting exciting! But was it a mental "prison?" ;-)

Uuuuuhhh. MaryAnn wasn't MaryAnn. It's getting exciting! But was it a mental "prison?" ;-)

It could be that post White Wolf episode that he was 'disembodied' similar to during his 13th Birthday 'event'. This opening up the 'mental' doors for a 'queen' to come in and keep him 'busy/away from his body' and try to make him 'choose' differently again.

Until we are told point blank that the MaryAnn in that 'Mental Dreamscape' is MaryAnn w/o us assuming it really is her just because it LOOKS like her I will keep the speculation open. It was a plane other than the physical realm where Colt was able to see and experience things that have never actually happened to him. So its possible that someone was able to take the FORM of MaryAnn and 'act' like her.

• Like 2

If he was alone in there, it could be his own insecurities talking to him. But they would know his past and his... appetites... So I would guess an outside influence. Could it be the Lord using Colt's mental image of MaryAnn as "cover" when talking to him? The Lord would be all knowing?

When she shadowed Prime, she didn't have to do much else then influence and Control him. Do we know if she was working him over? Prime did know something was off and tried to warn Colt after the fight with Luke. So maybe they were battling it out in his head too? And he forgot after being shot? Or jsut didn't see the need to talk about it.

• Like 1

If he was alone in there, it could be his own insecurities talking to him. But they would know his past and his... appetites... So I would guess an outside influence. Could it be the Lord using Colt's mental image of MaryAnn as "cover" when talking to him? The Lord would be all knowing?

When she shadowed Prime, she didn't have to do much else then influence and Control him. Do we know if she was working him over? Prime did know something was off and tried to warn Colt after the fight with Luke. So maybe they were battling it out in his head too? And he forgot after being shot? Or jsut didn't see the need to talk about it.

As I recall Prime 'knew' he was being controlled but there were 'chains on his mind' that prevented him being able to do or say anything to let it be known. It was the 'time manipulation' that loosened the chains enough for him to act and say things he needed to. It was basically like having a compulsion not to tell someone something.