Whinge Binge Wednesday

Congrats to Kitt who wears the Whinging crown of Wednesday for this week! :D

Today I'm going to Whinge about the hate I've been receiving on here for my well..., less than fortunate comments and sayings. It's a little frustrating because I can't speak as freely as I normally do without offending someone. I deserve it I guess, but when I can't stop the backlash, all I can do is Whinge.

What's your Whinge for this week? Share it with us to earn the crown of Whinge for this week!

Jordan, we all watch what we say :) Anything we say can offend someone else :) It must be a huge adjustment for you, but here is some advice: think of GA as a school with you as a Model Student :hug:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Congrats to Kitt who wears the Whinging crown of Wednesday for this week! :D

Today I'm going to Whinge about the hate I've been receiving on here for my well..., less than fortunate comments and sayings. It's a little frustrating because I can't speak as freely as I normally do without offending someone. I deserve it I guess, but when I can't stop the backlash, all I can do is Whinge.

What's your Whinge for this week? Share it with us to earn the crown of Whinge for this week!

Hate is a strong word and a very strong emotion. I seriously doubt anyone here hates you. I think you disappointed some and annoyed some. Do you really go around to just anyone in real life and say exactly what is on your mind? Well, we know you don't. :)

Aaaaugh, Whinge binge Wednesday!

I laughed at out loud to drpaladin's Whinge just now so on that note, HE'S OUR WINNER FOR THIS WEEK!!!

WHINGE. ER. OF THE WEEK! WHINGER OF THE WEEK! WHINGE. ER. OF THE WEEK! WHINGER OF THE WEEK!

My Whinge this week is going to be technology based. Technology is great. Everyone loves it. Except when things don't work or when techinical problems occur. My Whinge is about the extremely limited file size of GA members upload allowance here. Want to post a mp3 podcast. Has to be hard. Video? Way to big. New profile pic? Nah, file too big.

So I'm gonna say a hearty 'screw you!' to limited file sizes. And that's my Whinge.

What's your Whinge? Share it with us, especially if you want to carry on the tech theme. Winner announced next week

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

To be fair to GA, I understand the reasons behind the file and video restrictions. I've had forum sites in the past. On my first I allowed members generous space for avatars and allowed large flash signatures. The file limits were 7mb as I recall. I had a really impressive flash sig with my avatar doing all manner of incredible feats. Then I got the web host bill for bandwidth overage. Bye bye to a lot of extras. It's better to have limits up front than to impose them later.  :)

• Site Moderator

My whinge for the week. I ordered some new line for a string line trimmer. It was the correct size, but a different brand than I had been using. Yesterday I got out early to do some badly needed cutting and immediately had problems. The line was so thin that it wrapped under the head of the trimmer. After working with it for awhile, I finally got it unjammed and tried again. Jam. I got it cleared and found some spools that still had the old line on them. I cut for a bit then the head began freewheeling.  To make a long story short, the new line broke my one year old trimmer. So today I'm shopping for a new one, but now Amazon keeps declining my card payment and the bank doesn't know why. Arggg...  It's a weed conspiracy. They may win. It's too damned hot anyway.  lol

• Site Moderator

I would've thrown my line trimmer to the ground in a rage! Make sure your line is nylon, btw.

Surprisingly, I didn't get that angry. It was more frustration. I've yet to see a line that identifies what it's made of.  :)

I got a new uber powerful trimmer plus line ordered. It was a billing address issue with the card. That card is tied to a P O box which I'm told is impossible.  lol

Okay, I have a Whinge!

So, my neighborhood is pretty close to a local Agricultural Plant, well it is going through an expansion and innovations. So its a busy construction site. Today, they had to shut off the power lines to one half of my town just to complete a major part of the construction... and my neighborhood was in that half :/  I mean for two hours?! Really?! :angry: Gah! The only reason I keep my sanity was due to going over to my Sister's place on the other side of town (so electricity! :) )

The only funny aspect to this: I realize that I do not know what to do with myself without electricity :lol:

If the Apocalypse happens... I'm screwed :gikkle:

To top it off: Now the internet connection is having problems! :X :X :X Pardon my cursing, I am quite cranky now :/

I'll feel better soon :)

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Okay, I have a Whinge!

So, my neighborhood is pretty close to a local Agricultural Plant, well it is going through an expansion and innovations. So its a busy construction site. Today, they had to shut off the power lines to one half of my town just to complete a major part of the construction... and my neighborhood was in that half :/  I mean for two hours?! Really?! :angry: Gah! The only reason I keep my sanity was due to going over to my Sister's place on the other side of town (so electricity! :) )

The only funny aspect to this: I realize that I do not know what to do with myself without electricity :lol:

If the Apocalypse happens... I'm screwed :gikkle:

To top it off: Now the internet connection is having problems! :X :X :X Pardon my cursing, I am quite cranky now :/

I'll feel better soon :)

Not being able to live without power for two hours is pretty bad, Drew. I would have taken a nice nap.  :)

A few years ago I was without power for five days. There was no where to go because power was out all over. It was unpleasant , but I was very thankful. My house was undamaged and so was I. One block away a power transformer was lying in the rubble of what once was a home. Those people weren't lucky.

• Like 1

Not being able to live without power for two hours is pretty bad, Drew. I would have taken a nice nap.  :)

A few years ago I was without power for five days. There was no where to go because power was out all over. It was unpleasant , but I was very thankful. My house was undamaged and so was I. One block away a power transformer was lying in the rubble of what once was a home. Those people weren't lucky.

I actually did take a nap soon after I posted it :) and yes, it's quite the experience to realize how much electricity plays a role in my life, even the small things :)

Last weeks Whinge Binge Wednesday (WBW) a winner is hard to pick but I'm gonna crown drpaladin with whinger of the week! Drew comes a close second.

So I'm gonna kick off this weeks WBW with my own simple whinge: The school holidays are over and I have to go back to school. And I have mock exams in ten weeks. With a mountain of internal assessments to do and finish, not to mention the study for exams in all my other subjects. Aaauuuuughhhh!!!! 

So so that's my rather simple whinge. If you've got something that you're annoyed about, share it with us! 

• Site Moderator

My whinge is my usb mouse. It began occasionally freezing, but now it's every few seconds. It's getting hard to do anything, and that awful 'donk' sound as it connects and disconnects is annoying too. I've tried every fix except one and that involves removing the cmos battery on the mob to reset the bios. It's something I've done before with other pc's, but for a number of good reasons, I don't want to get into that. It looks like time to get a ps/2 mouse.  :(

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 1

Sooorrry for being late for Whinge binge Wednesday! I had stuff going on. Anyway, our winner last week was drpaladin because he's the only one who bothered to Whinge. Seriously, do people have nothing to Whinge about these days?

Congrats to drpaladin anyhow.

My Whinge this week is about my endeavor to upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop. This morning, I told dad it was released yesterday and he's like: "It might have bugs, what happens after a year of having it free, blah, blah, blah!" And then later on in the evening, a single 2 minute news report swayed dads opinion and he practically whipped me to my laptop to upgrade it from W7 to W10, and i was getting excited at this point. And then he realized something important. He asked me how big the download was and I said it was 3Gb. He told me to stop. He stopped me because he got an email to say our broadband Internet data reached 80% of 80gb available per month. Now I'm the USA, I believe that people there find unlimited Internet data usage normal? Well in New Zealand, that's for the rich fellas. Internet is expensive in NZ, and so there are limited international data usage plans, and our family is on 80gb per month. Well we discovered we've used 64gb of that, for some mysterioua reason. The month turns over in August 12.

All in all, it means I might have to wait another two weeks just so that I can have sufficient data left to download Windows 10. And I'm annoyed about that. So that's my Whinge!

Share yours with us! Is your Whinge similar? Maybe it's about me being late for WBW? The whinges are endless...

• Site Moderator

Sooorrry for being late for Whinge binge Wednesday! I had stuff going on. Anyway, our winner last week was drpaladin because he's the only one who bothered to Whinge. Seriously, do people have nothing to Whinge about these days?

Congrats to drpaladin anyhow.

My Whinge this week is about my endeavor to upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop. This morning, I told dad it was released yesterday and he's like: "It might have bugs, what happens after a year of having it free, blah, blah, blah!" And then later on in the evening, a single 2 minute news report swayed dads opinion and he practically whipped me to my laptop to upgrade it from W7 to W10, and i was getting excited at this point. And then he realized something important. He asked me how big the download was and I said it was 3Gb. He told me to stop. He stopped me because he got an email to say our broadband Internet data reached 80% of 80gb available per month. Now I'm the USA, I believe that people there find unlimited Internet data usage normal? Well in New Zealand, that's for the rich fellas. Internet is expensive in NZ, and so there are limited international data usage plans, and our family is on 80gb per month. Well we discovered we've used 64gb of that, for some mysterioua reason. The month turns over in August 12.

All in all, it means I might have to wait another two weeks just so that I can have sufficient data left to download Windows 10. And I'm annoyed about that. So that's my Whinge!

Share yours with us! Is your Whinge similar? Maybe it's about me being late for WBW? The whinges are endless...

It's a laptop. Aren't there any places with free wi-fi or is that a USA only thing too?  :)

Ok so I win Whinge binge Wednesday this week which I don't mind doing. I want to Whinge about something everyone can agree on.

School.

It's a pile of hard work right there. Although I do suspect that it ain't gonna get easier in the real world. I just do not like getting pressured to get assignments done in short amounts of time, all at once. It does my head in.

And having your friends strum your leg as if it were a guitar certainly doesn't help.

And the thing I want to Whinge about also is biking home in the soaking rain. Not fun at all. Although it was rather enlightening to see one of the jokey teachers at my school, the big, bald and 'baker called to get his rolls back' Mr Doolan charging past and declaring with a silly grin on his face declare: "What a shit day!" in a goofy voice.

• Site Moderator

School sucks and can be hard... I guess. College or university is harder. Real life makes all that pale in comparison. You literally will not get out alive; so you might as well enjoy it as best you can. Don't waste time doing anything you don't truly enjoy doing.  :)

I'm still living with this stupid, balky mouse. Donk-donk, donk-donk. It's annoying as hell. It works fine with my laptop, but using it has its own pains. I ordered a usb to ps/2 adapter which hadn't shown up as yet. I finally tracked it last night and found that somehow it shipped to an address I hardly ever use. I'd almost rather order another one than go there to get it. Almost.  lol

• Site Moderator

Ok, I'll give it a try since I'm very pissed today.

Some bastard stole my brand new, fire engine red bike! I now have to go to the police and insurance company, find a new bike... Gah! I don't have time for this!

It was years ago, but the same thing happened to me. Insurance only allowed for a less expensive bike which wasn't as nice as my red bike. I'm hoping you have better luck :) :)

It was years ago, but the same thing happened to me. Insurance only allowed for a less expensive bike which wasn't as nice as my red bike. I'm hoping you have better luck :) :)

Yes, the insurance company paid in full since it was brand new. So now I have an amazing turquoise bike! :)

• Like 2

I would like to say thanks for your contributions to WBW last week. You guys have made it tough but I think the Eminent MGK wins WBW for the week! MGK, that is definitely something to Whinge about! And quite awkward I would think too.

Anyway, this weeks Whinge Binge Wednesday will be about things that didnt go right for you. If you have something, please share it! My Whinge about something that didnt go right was the haircut I got yesterday. The dean at school told me to get a haircut or else if be getting a detention 2 hours Friday after school. I was surprised because I hardly ever get pulled up for something like this. Anyway, I go get my haircut and I have to take my glasses off while I'm doing it so that the hairdresser can cut mg hair properly. This makes my face and hair in the mirror a little bit blurry for me. When it was done, it looked find to me, but just wait til I got home with my glasses home and looked in the mirror! It was terrible! It was way too short! But at least the dean will be happy, and it'll grow to an acceptable level in a week I reckon.

So your turn!

Upon driving in to work this morning on the freeway I was nearly hit two times. Its WAR out there people! Friggin' war! I should'a stayed the eff home and worked from there!

Now I get to go get my teeth drilled on.

Why did I even wake up this morning!?

WHERE'S A MIDOL DANGNABBIT!

Edited by MrM

You win straight up MrM! That's a good Whinge!

I don't actually have much of a Whinge for WBW this week, everything's going well for me. Oh actually I do, I just remembered. I misplaced my flash drive somewhere at school and I can't remember where I left it. Luckily there aren't too many important things on there and files that are I uploaded to the school server recently off of the drive. It's a cool flash drive though, it's like this storm trooper head. I have it's body which acts as it's cap but not the head and drive itself. So I'm a bit annoyed about that. Hopefully no one has nicked it.

Anyway, that's my small Whinge, what's your Whinge for this week?

Modern appliances are soooo sloooooow. My expensive new Miele vac takes FIVE SECONDS to start up :angry: Apparently the computer chip has to boot up and then check everything's tickety boo before it deigns to initiate start up. Switch on my old knackered Hoover vac and IMMEDIATE suction :) Okay, it's eardrum bursting noisy, belches clouds of toxic dust and the sucking... sucks, but who cares? The Miele's going back!

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1