Teen Idols

Simon and Nick....

simonnick.jpg

I watched a couple of documentaries on Duran Duran. They really were gorgeous. Still look pretty damn good for men in their 50's:

duran-duran-press-69de5eybpttoicqq2r9070

It's pretty cool they're still going for it after all these decades.

They're touring the U.S. this summer...they should be in California this July if you want to see them, Mr. M. Here's a video about it:

• Like 2

I watched a couple of documentaries on Duran Duran. They really were gorgeous. Still look pretty damn good for men in their 50's:

duran-duran-press-69de5eybpttoicqq2r9070

It's pretty cool they're still going for it after all these decades.

They're touring the U.S. this summer...they should be in California this July if you want to see them, Mr. M. Here's a video about it:

Yup. I'll be getting tickets here as soon as I charge up the old bank account. They are my favorite band. They defined my idea of style. I really like their latest album too...Paper Gods! Even the name is cool. Hehehehe

For some reason, I didn't get into the teen idol guys when I was in my teens.  I got hot for rocker guys instead--Gavin Rossdale, Anthony Kiedis, Billy Corgan, Shirley Manson, Gwen Steffani, Trent Reznor, Dave Nevaro, Zach de la Rocha, etc.

Yup. I'll be getting tickets here as soon as I charge up the old bank account. They are my favorite band. They defined my idea of style. I really like their latest album too...Paper Gods! Even the name is cool. Hehehehe

This guy is basically a Duran Duran super-fan:

I think it's great that he's using archival boxes to store their posters. Another fan wrote a book:

Back to rock stars...Stephen Jenkins from Third Eye Blind. I had such a thing for him.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Not my idols, but I think these guys were the U.K.'s answer to the Backstreet Boys. Or were they like second-rung, equivalent to 98 Degrees? Not sure. Any U.K. people in their early 30's want to answer this one?

• 1 year later...

I didn't really have any, I don't think... Not in my teens. I didn't listen to pop music, I watched anime and weird movies, read comic books... I had a few fictional crushes, it's true. When I was maybe eighteen, nineteen, I fell in love with David Tennant. Then it was Benedict Cumberbatch. And I was super attracted to the voice of Maynard James Keenan from Tool, also when I was eighteen or so. Oh, and I had crushes on Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin, and, well, actually the entire cast of Firefly. But none of these are teen idols, they're just celebrity crushes. I guess I was weird.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

I am a leaf on the wind ... just the way he said it made it kinda sexy for me.

That was so sad... and shocking. Wash died waaayyyy too soon, but I know what you mean, dugh. :( 

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Too soon!!!! 😢 

Yup. It was an incredible scene, and his last moment was... well... yeah... it's too soon.

• Love 2