Teen Idols

Teen idols change with the times of course. If you were a teen in the seventies, you'll remember these.

70skid_zpskb2kqal5.jpg Jacky Earl Haley

lief-garrett_zpstzduqouu.jpg Lief Garrett

Philip%20McKeon_zps8rcrcvv3.jpg Phillip McKeon

Did any catch your eye in your teens?

• Like 2

Well, I became a teen in '08 so, I'd have to say...

zac_efron_espy_nc.jpg Zac Efron... :wub:

joe-jonas-black-leather-jacket-necklace. I had such a thing for him back in the day... :*) But I think Nick is hotter today.

HarryPottRD052001.jpg Okay, I have a thing for blondes :blushing:

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 4

My sister, who was six years younger, subscribed to Tiger Beat magazine in the 70's. You forgot Shawn Cassidy, Lance Kerwin and Vince van Patten. I had a real crush on Rex Smith.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Well don't forget Bobby Sherman, Andy Gibbs, Dirk Bennedict, and my personal favorite (still is!)  Mark Harmon.

I've liked Mark Harmon  since the first time I saw him in a guest role on Emergency

.....he just keeps getting better with age. :wub: :blushing:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

This video basically jumpstarted puberty for me:

And this video continued it for me:

I had a picture of Nick Lachey in my journal. LOL.

On T.V., these were my guys:

David Boreanaz (Angel on Buffy)

david118zi.jpg

Chad Michael Murray (Tristan on The Gilmore Girls):

Chad-Michael-Murray-52.jpg

And, of course, in the movies...

Armageddon-era Ben Affleck:

ben-affleck-shirtless.jpg

And Josh Hartnett:

Josh-Hartnett-Widescreen-Wallpaper.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85

Well don't forget Bobby Sherman, Andy Gibbs, Dirk Bennedict, and my personal favorite (still is!)  Mark Harmon.

I remember someone wrote a post on this old t.v. site that had a theory that the reason why Jason, Jeremy, and Joshua became huge names in the 1970's and 1980's was because of all the Baby Boomer girls who watched Here Come the Brides in 1968. (Those names were around, but they weren't that commonplace in the 1950's and 1960's.)

It's like how Dylan is this huge name right now...probably because of Gen Xer girls who fell in love with this guy:

d32bcac90ccdc185eb388d2f600510c1.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

My sister, who was six years younger, subscribed to Tiger Beat magazine in the 70's. You forgot Shawn Cassidy, Lance Kerwin and Vince van Patten. I had a real crush on Rex Smith.

Here's a blast from the past.

shawn%20cassidy_zpszpw98rwm.jpg Shawn Cassidy

Lance%20Kerwin_zpsf5gghkkv.jpg Lance Kerwin

Vince%20van%20Patten_zpsv30freyj.jpg Vince Van Patten

Rex%20Smith_zpsgydmxwvd.jpg Rex Smith

• Like 3

I have three Rex Smith albums on vinyl...

• Like 2

Let's add these two hot boys from the 00's and we're at the top of the Teen Idol pile:

9d3fca7849905c942e1083035be21cd6.jpg

Ben McKenzie, who played Ryan Atwood on The OC

2695_3-00.jpg

Jesse McCartney

• Site Administrator

Hmmm, I was a teen of the 80's (if any of these extend into the 90's, i'm sorry :P )

I used to idolize over:

Jason Bateman in the Hogans

Jason-Bateman-youn_2565573c.jpg

Kirk Cameron was hot too, too bad he grew into the person he is now :(

Young-Kirk-Cameron.jpg

BTW, I was team Brandon, never really was into Dylan (Luke Perry). And no, there wasn't any 'Team' 's back then :)

Jason Priestley

tumblr_nnxlkweFjz1u0qxwoo6_500.jpg

• Like 3

Kirk Cameron was hot too, too bad he grew into the person he is now :(

Young-Kirk-Cameron.jpg

Remember in that show Kirk's boy best friend "Boner"?

boner-kirks-boyfriend_zpsrvus2tlj.jpg

That might explain a lot.

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 2

Being the same age as Methodwriter, we had a lot of the same idols growing up. :D I'd add N*Sync to that list.. but you had a very good list.. lol. I remember being really into Josh Hartnett - mercy. 

• Like 1

Being the same age as Methodwriter, we had a lot of the same idols growing up. :D I'd add N*Sync to that list.. but you had a very good list.. lol. I remember being really into Josh Hartnett - mercy. 

God, I loved his whole lanky surfer/skater boy vibe:

joshn.jpg

I think he reminded us of that chill, laidback, pretty cool guy that everybody had in their class. He wasn't the football hero jock type, more of an everyday kind of hottie, who might have written poetry and played guitar while walking around in baggy carpenter pants and a backwards baseball cap, and who'd roll a joint in the back of his class.

I sorta liked JC, but none of the other guys in N'Sync ever really did it for me. 98 Degrees was for me, the hottest band...only that one guy with the fake blond hair failed to do anything for me.

A few more references...

Jason Behr from Roswell:

behr003eyeshuge-vi.jpg

The guy gave good doe eyes like no other on the WB circa 2000.

And...I'm not sure if I'd call him a teen idol, but I remember having a massive crush on Ricky Fitts (Wes Bentley) from American Beauty:

1f56bf28a09a96a33a1e6ac526e68be4.jpg

He was such a weird guy, but I found him really beautiful in a creepy stalker way.

• Like 1