GayAuthors breaks the 2,000 mark

That's great! :2thumbs:

But I still think we should find ways to do more promotion ... I belong to a discussion forum for expats (foreigners) living in Taiwan, and they have over 20,000 members ... that's a very select community, whereas there are TONS of people who enjoy reading gay fiction. We should be able to get a lot more members.

How else can we go about recruiting? Any ideas?

• Like 1

Well, I dont know about everyone else, but I think GA ought to create a banner that can be posted on other sites....I know I would be willing to put one at the top of my site. They would just need to give us the code in html and it should be simple. Also, talk about GA on other forums. I was on a different forum when one of the members posted about this one. I always mention GA on all the other forums I belong too ( I know I have no life).

• Like 1

2,000 is :great: But there are author's fan groups on Yahoo, recently formed, that have more.

Speaking as a newbie, I've been coming here from time to time, but never considered joining until today. I happily joined a couple of Yahoo writers' forums, but I was sort of in awe of this place, like I expected maybe E. M. Forster and Robin Maugham would be in the chat room :lol:

I joined today to do something specific, by invitation of an author, and haven't yet figured out how. Guessing how to reply to a forum was kinda dicey. What I'm saying is that the main page might not be what you would call "newbie-friendly." Maybe you could put up a box inviting new members to join.

There really should be thousands more readers here gushing about how great the authors are :D

Jingjok (glad to be here)

2,000 is :great: But there are author's fan groups on Yahoo, recently formed, that have more.

Speaking as a newbie, I've been coming here from time to time, but never considered joining until today. I happily joined a couple of Yahoo writers' forums, but I was sort of in awe of this place, like I expected maybe E. M. Forster and Robin Maugham would be in the chat room :lol:

I joined today to do something specific, by invitation of an author, and haven't yet figured out how. Guessing how to reply to a forum was kinda dicey. What I'm saying is that the main page might not be what you would call "newbie-friendly." Maybe you could put up a box inviting new members to join.

There really should be thousands more readers here gushing about how great the authors are :D

Jingjok (glad to be here)

Personally I didn't even SEE the main page until I'd been here for a couple of months. I followed a link from Nifty to one of the authour pages, then from there joined and posted in the forums etc. So I'm not sure if I'd consider the main page newbie friendly or not, since I wasn't a newbie when I saw it :P . Personally speaking I'm really happy with the size and level of involvement that we have here. I guess more might be nice, but speaking as someone who feels like he needs to keep up with EVERYTHING that happens on the main forum, and other sub-forums I visit frequently, as well as the blogs; I might start to find it a little overwhelming if it got much bigger. LOL but then that's just my crazy OCD side talking ;) . I'll cope :)

Hehehehe,,,.........I rember when we were hoping to just get a hundred or so!!!!

Myr really has done quite a good job here. If any of you had any idea of the time and effort he has put into to this......................

Folks he does not get pay so thanks are all he gets unless you might support the sight that is...........hint.......hint......hint.......

Merlin, thanks for your great efforts........You have done well!

Hugs

Mike

• Like 1