Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

How does "Mark Site Read" work?

Rndmrunner
Go to solution Solved by Cia,

I looked for an explanation of this feature but couldn't find one. Does it simply allow me to mark a PAGE as read or the whole story or something else. Personally I like to bookmark where i am in a story particularly if I am joining a story late and therefore not reading the latest instalment. The feature could have a completely different purpose.

Thanks in advance for your help

• Like 2

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

So, if you look at the Forums, you'll notice that the different topics are in bold if new content has been posted to them since you last accessed it. The same goes for any forums with new content (either posts or new topics). You can click on the blue button with the thought bubbles (this will be updated later, so the image may change, but the circle is to the left of the forum title) and that will mark the entire forum as 'read'. When in a forum, you can also use the 'Mark Forum Read' link right next to the 'Start New Topic' button at the top of each forum to do the same thing, which simply removes the bolded titles showing new content.

GA Stories doesn't have the same integration with bolding the titles for new content posting, so marking the entire site read wouldn't have any effect that I can think of on that. 

• Like 2