I loved Chapter 13! It was awesome! We got to meet the twins more, which was very cool. Toby and Coby are making progress, and I'm happy about that too! :D

You're handling of Connor's recovery stage is excellent. I'm glued to this story (I have been since the beginning), so I read the chapter really fast, and then I go back and read it slower so I can enjoy it even more.

I'm nervous about his placement by social services, and I'm also nervous about him going to counseling! You're building up the suspense here! It's killing us! (nice job :lol: )

So, great job! And thanks to Kitty, from a reader, for helping David!

SOOTB is superb! :2thumbs:

Centaur

Edited by Centaur

Great Chapter. Connor acted the way I though he would with seeing a psychiatrist. Most of us would act the same way about seeing one. Glad that Toby apologize for sticking his finger....

Liked cody's mom idea for a Sweat Lodge did you get the idea from Mountain Magic? :great:

Buddha good cliff hanger with the Social Worker.

Edited by Drew
Chapter 13 is up ...

http://members.gayauthors.org/littlebuddhatw/SOOTB13.html

As usual, many thanks to Kitty for doing a fabulous job editing! :worship:

I look forward to seeing what everyone thinks ...

:boy:

Not sure how I feel about this chapter, everyone seems to accept that Conner will be placed into foster care. Seems to me, someone who has been living as independent as Conner has, would be fighting this more, or just run. I guess maybe you are setting us up for a happy outcome (I hope), or could it be your about to teach us the true unfairness of the system. Now that the state is involved, I have a hard time picturing a happy ending for Conner.

Bobby

ehh i havent been around lately and i didnt relize u had ur own little forum section soo i wrote this in the thread in the story cafe thingy

Oh WoW .. great chapter.. im really nervous on where connor is gonna end up .. i hope the social worker lets him stay with ryan ,toby and maggie . I found it extremely cute that all of connors friends came up with some type of schedule to keep him company.. and poor connor and his ass wen toby stuck his finger in it =\ not good .. looking forward for the next chapter good work buddha and kitty tongue.gif

Edited by CoLeYy

I really liked this chapter :) , I hated the cliff hanger though :angry:

Throughout this chapter Connor kept making references to his feelings not being "real" because of all the drugs he was on. I liked this. I think it could indicate that in future chapters he may decide to get off the meds and adapt a healthy way of handling his problems through cognitive and behavioral means. Personally I have a very complicated outlook on drugs, particularly psychological drugs. I've probably got some of my own issues and hang ups about this to deal with, but anyway generally I'm in favour of people living drug free if they can do so safely, happily, and healthily.

The seeing a counselor part I'm firmly in favour of! I tend to think everyone should see a therapist, even "normal", "well-adjusted" people should at least go for like a 6 month check up or something! :boy: .....of course I've never been one :mellow: , but I'd be happy to go.

A few things struck me as odd with regards to whom and in what ways Connor decided to open up to people. Again we find Connor first talking to Mikey and then the Twins about his fear relocating before he opens up to Ryan about it (I was so glad he finally did though!), or even Maggie or Toby. I guess I can see how he wouldn't want to make them feel guilty, or how me might feel presumptous or something. Plus he still seems to be scared that they'll reject them if he lets them in too much so maybe he finds it easier to do with people he likes but who matter to him less.

I was also surprised (though pleased) that he opened up to the twins about the rape. As he noted, I'd have thought it would be during some quiet time with Ryan. I could even have seen Toby, Maggie, Cody, or Mikey as possibilities, but I was surprised that the first people he talked to about it he was only just really getting to know. Of course the whole thing is very tramatic and I suppose you can never really tell when it'll suddenly come out, and it does seem to have been largely in response to Ben's probing. I imagine the other (minus Mikey) who already knew probably didn't want to push.

I have a hard time believing that people like Stacy Feldman exist! Are there really many women out there who bear TWO of their younger brother's children?? :huh:

I was really excited about the progression of Toby and Cody's relationship! I'm so confused about what's going to happen with Mikey! I still sorta think it'll be Toby and Mikey in the end, but actually I think I prefer Cody to Mikey, and their names are so cute together! So I'll definitely be pleased if I'm wrong and the Toby/Cody relationship is serious. On that note:

"Well, we haven't seen two guys kiss yet in person. Not even Ryan and Connor have kissed in front of us. We wanna see," Derek demanded cheekily.

I just can't imagine a straight guy saying that! Even a really accepting, cool one. But what do I really know? I've just never "gotten" how any two people in love kissing is gross. I always think it's sweet and chances are if the people are fairly good looking I'll think it's kinda hot too, regardless of the genders involved (M/M hottest of course, F/F or M/F). I just accept that the general reaction of "straight guys" is along the lines of "yuck!" But awesome if that's not a given!

I think the one thing I wanted the most though, the one thing I kept waiting and hoping for, was for Connor to just ask Maggie (or at least Ryan or Toby) WHY he couldn't just stay with them. It just seems like such a natural reaction, they said it was his home too after all. When I woke up in the hospital and someone said something about Child Protective Services I'd have just said, "huh? CPS? Why do we need them? Why can't I stay with you guys?" At least when he finally did start talking to Ryan and Toby about it I would have imagined that even if he didn't ask they'd have still offered some sort of explanation, "we'd love to have you but..."

Anyway all that compounded to make me want to read the next chapter really badly. This is definitely, to me, one of the biggest cliffhangers yet! I mean obviously the one at the end of 11 was huge, but I took solace in knowing that 12 would be out soon. With this though I'm about to go crazy wondering when the next release is!

Anyway I really loved this chapter, and I really love this story!

Have an awesome day everyone and take care,

Kevin

Great chapter!

I noticed that Connor is resisting seeing a counselor, which does not bode well. I liked the sweat lodge scene, too!!

Plus, a cliffhanger! AAARRGGHHH!!! :P

OK, any guesses as to what happens to Connor? I have a hunch... Cody and his mother seem to be portrayed in great detail with a lot of character development (plus they are great characters!) so I'm thinking Connor ends up at Cody's. Now THAT, given the kissing Connor was doing, would make Ryan nervous!

Thanks for all the feedback so far. As usual, I really enjoyed reading Kevin's (AFriendlyFace) analysis especially. You're such a thorough reader, Kevin! hehe :P

Sorry about the "cliffie" (Kitty's terminology) ... well, actually I'm not ... it'll make everyone want to read the next chapter that much more ... *evil laugh*

But I'm hoping the wait will be worth it.

Anyway, keep the comments coming!

*Hugz*

Buddha-pest (Lugh's nickname for me ... I think it has a double meaning! lol)

If you're a Buddha-pest all I can say is that I'm Hung(a)ry for more!

//shadows

That was horrible! :lmao:

But if it's more you want, don't worry, cause I have an inside source that tells me that Kitty is already working on Chapter 14 ... hehe

Buddha

Jipieeeeeeeeee

Maybe we could blackmail Kitty to work even harder :devil:

no no just kidding

I really like the chapter, I can't wait to read the next chapter, ...

I really like the relationship of Connor and Ryan but I also like the kindness and sensitiveness of Ryan.

Keep up the good work

Max

OK, any guesses as to what happens to Connor? I have a hunch... Cody and his mother seem to be portrayed in great detail with a lot of character development (plus they are great characters!) so I'm thinking Connor ends up at Cody's. Now THAT, given the kissing Connor was doing, would make Ryan nervous!

That's exactly what I thought too!

Thanks for all the feedback so far. As usual, I really enjoyed reading Kevin's (AFriendlyFace) analysis especially. You're such a thorough reader, Kevin!

Thanks David :) . This is why it takes me three times longer than everyone else to read a chapter of anything :P

All right, who blabbed? 0:) I thought I saw one of my cats messing around with the laptop earlier ...

:lmao::lol:

Yay for the new chapter's imminent arrival!

Have an awesome day everyone, and take care :)

Kevin

I wouldn't be shocked if Connor winds up at the McCormacks. He can't broach the subject to Maggie, Ryan, or Toby, as much for story-writing reasons as any other motivation--it would spoil the dramatic tension. That said, Connor probably has to ask proactively to stay with the McCormacks, so that it doesn't come off to Dwayne of the CPS that he's being pressured to stay.

--Rigel

If my cursing could kick ass, Little Buddha wouldve had his kicked hard for giving more suspense on Conners meeting with the social worker at the end.

Nice chapter, but I have a feeling the next one will be better. :D

If my cursing could kick ass, Little Buddha wouldve had his kicked hard for giving more suspense on Conners meeting with the social worker at the end.

My fourteen years of martial arts training might have something to say about that ... :P

But I'm glad you like the story anyway ... the cliffhangers might not be fun for everyone else, but they sure are fun for me ... and probably Kitty, too, because she has advance chapters! lol 0:)

My fourteen years of martial arts training might have something to say about that ... :P

But I'm glad you like the story anyway ... the cliffhangers might not be fun for everyone else, but they sure are fun for me ... and probably Kitty, too, because she has advance chapters! lol 0:)

Tranquilizer Rifle from 300 yards away.

That way I get to shoot you twice...

Tranquilizer Rifle from 300 yards away.

That way I get to shoot you twice...

I might enjoy myself too much after the tranquilizer wore off, though ... especially if I was wearing a nice, crisp, clean baseball uniform ... 0:)

Ok, I love this chapter like I loved the other 12 (not so much ch.11). But its going pretty good. BUUUT!!! Good dosent stay for long in anyones lifes. SO! I think that if someone is going to adopt Connor its way to easy to be put in with Maggie (wich we all know that, that might not happen) and to be put in with Cody's mom is easy too (not much people are adopted by their friend's mom). SO! I think Trent Lomax parents might adopt Connor :unsure: . I dont know for some reason thats what Im thinking. Maybe cuz we need to find more to Trent than what we know and thats the only way (I think). But he can be adopted by a new caracter to the story. For what some of us think its not going to be a very happy place for him (this is a good reason for Trent's parents to adopt cuz some body in this new family is not going to make him all that happy).

Well we ever get to know why Connors mom was such a b****? Cuz shes dead so how well we. Unless we meet the reason to it wich I think its Connor's dad. Ok for some reason I want to know what happend to his dad or are we ever going to find out on one of the chapters? Ok I soooo need to relax, Ok I cant, hope the answer comes up soon.

Well keep up the good work LBTW :worship: .

I think blackmailing Kitty is a very bad idea with the chapters on her hands :P , keep up the good work too Kitty.

Well, hope this post isent as dumb as my first on ch.11 :wacko: .

Juan

Edited by Boricua69

Hey LBTW,

Another great chapter and you must be trying to work yourself up to the level of Dom with the evil cliff hangers! I agree with the general thrust of most of the comments so far (especially Kevin's) but one thing that has been sorta nagging at me is the complete lack of opposition that we've seen from Ryan and Toby to having Connor placed in a foster home. My thinking is LBTW has something coming up in the next chapters to enlighten us... or I could be wrong... again....

Steve

I really liked this chapter. I liked the sweat lodge thing, it seemed really calming, relaxing and benefical for Conner. I am kind of worried what will happen to Conner, but not to worried because something really really bad can not happen.

Great job David!!! :hug:

Kurt :D

Hey LBTW,

... but one thing that has been sorta nagging at me is the complete lack of opposition that we've seen from Ryan and Toby to having Connor placed in a foster home. ....

Steve

I have been wondering about that one myself. Kids usually have very strong feelings about this subject and I can't see them being quiet about this.

I can see what you mean Jay, but I think that the reason why Ryan and Toby are not really dwelling on the subject is because they do not want to upset Conner anymore then he is already. Also, I think that they are being the 'stereotypical' guys. They are holding in their emotions. I think that they also trust their mother very very much, and since she trusts the social worker, that they feel they do not have to much to worry about. I am sure that they really really do not want Conner to leave, but I am also sure that they know that it is probably the best that he does have a place of his own, so Conner and Ryan can have alone time. Yes, they are dating, but it is still the early stages of the relationship, and they still need alone time. Relationships really have to mature before the couple are ready to be together ALL of the time. Even after the couple thinks that their relationship is strong enough, they can be wrong, and that leads to break ups and divorces. Well, at least in my opinion. :P

Okay, well I think that I went of on a tanget... whatever. :D

Great writing David, you are the greatest. :P

Kurt

I think that the blow up will occur after the announcement of possible placment is made... then the boys will dig in their heels and put up the picket lines.

Other than that... decent story so far buddha-pest... you know I lubs ewe.