New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

um hello, i just registered a few.. hours? ago :D hope to meet a bunch of colorful people ^^

I have a feeling your hopes will be met :) Welcome to the madhouse hun

Nephylim (Be careful of her hugs, she nibbles . . . hard.)

Admit... ..you love it :devil:

Oh I'm chore he will love her Hugs...

Thank you hun. I'm glad SOMEONE appreciates them :( I hardly ever bite.

Hello! I'm new here...well kinda. I've been a lurker for a long time Lol and made a profile a little while ago but just now actually put anything on it. So I thought I'd make myself known. :D

Nice to meet you... although this is a bit out of date now isn't it :) Have a hug... and don't listen to a word ricky says :P I'm quite safe

Hey guys,

I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been reading stuff here for a while and figured I'd finally join. I've got a crazy schedule so I'll be in and out, but it's really great to finally be a part. Hope the make some connections with you all.

I ike a man whos in and out. And if you're not a man... I like a woman who... er yeah, you get the idea. Welcome to GA :)

Oh hai!

Newb. Thoroughly distressed about the location of the cp panel. Willingly answers to most names, excluding 'menopause'. AVATAAAAAR UPLOADING. Rather fancies a drink. Has no alcohol. Remains sober. C'est la vie.

I'm a twenty year old student from the United Kingdom. "And that's just one side of me!" "Give over, Susie B".

Studying psychology, but I've had a passion for writing since I was about yay high. I'm pretty laid back and friendly so don't be afraid to creep up on me with some chloroform or whatever. ANYWAY, maybe we'll see each other about? EH? In the meantime, feel free to offer me advice about the forums (or anything really). Clearly I need it in buckets.

Nice to meet a fellow technophobe even if you do wear strange ties :P

Ok here goes.... Obviously I'm new here, and I have been looking at ga for sometime.... Though only on my iPod since that deletes any "wtf are you doing on a gay site??" from my sister/mum... Anyway I'm glad I've joined, but just a quick question, are there any lesbian stories on ga??

Bumblebee is such a cute name. To be perfectly honest there is only one lesbian story I remember reading. it was totally and completely awesome but I can't remember what it was called or who wrote it... great help aren't I :) Sorry. I'm sure you'll like it here though... we're a nice bunch of loonies :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations to all!

The screen name is Maken (Though yall can call me Tom if you have a mind), which is a penname I've used in various sites, though I don't rightly remember where I got it from. I came across this place while sniffing around for reading material (which I've found in spades!), and after looking around for a few days, decided to join the community. I still haven't got the hang of this forum, but I'll get there soon (maybe a few more months or a few more years, who knows?) so do excuse me if I goof off every now and then, eh?

Anyhow! I'm a reader first and a writer second; If real life allowed me, however, this'll probably be reversed. I'll be posting the first chapter of a story I've had on my files for a bit (but never found the right place to post it on), so do check it out and tell me what you think of it! Cheers!

Greetings and salutations to all!

The screen name is Maken (Though yall can call me Tom if you have a mind), which is a penname I've used in various sites, though I don't rightly remember where I got it from. I came across this place while sniffing around for reading material (which I've found in spades!), and after looking around for a few days, decided to join the community. I still haven't got the hang of this forum, but I'll get there soon (maybe a few more months or a few more years, who knows?) so do excuse me if I goof off every now and then, eh?

Anyhow! I'm a reader first and a writer second; If real life allowed me, however, this'll probably be reversed. I'll be posting the first chapter of a story I've had on my files for a bit (but never found the right place to post it on), so do check it out and tell me what you think of it! Cheers!

Hey Tom, glad you are getting settled in. I think I sent you an email with my cheatsheet for newbies. i hope it helped. If noth then click the link and see it on my blog.

Remember that the forum is really in two parts, the e-fiction where everything non-hosted gets posted. Hosted means that GA has elected to create a special page or site for well established authors. Sometimes it is just a link to their own established site. Everything else gets posted on e-fiction. You'll need to make sure you are registered for that portion. It is separate. make sure you use the same name or it will make you crazy. Then email Joe@gayauthors.org and he will set your status to author.

Then you are all set. Now understand that any new story will have the first chapter examined before posting to make sure it is unique and not plagiarized. Please don't take that personal, as it is unintend. There have been a few instances and they want to avoid it. This is the best way. But everyone goes through the same process. It is for your protection too. You wouldn't want someone trying to post your work as their own. Now, having said all that, I can't wait to read it.

Lot's of help around here. Ask anyone. And Welcome home!

Feel free to ask me anything.

Cheers

ricky

Hey Tom, glad you are getting settled in. I think I sent you an email with my cheatsheet for newbies. i hope it helped. If noth then click the link and see it on my blog.

Remember that the forum is really in two parts, the e-fiction where everything non-hosted gets posted. Hosted means that GA has elected to create a special page or site for well established authors. Sometimes it is just a link to their own established site. Everything else gets posted on e-fiction. You'll need to make sure you are registered for that portion. It is separate. make sure you use the same name or it will make you crazy. Then email Joe@gayauthors.org and he will set your status to author.

Then you are all set. Now understand that any new story will have the first chapter examined before posting to make sure it is unique and not plagiarized. Please don't take that personal, as it is unintend. There have been a few instances and they want to avoid it. This is the best way. But everyone goes through the same process. It is for your protection too. You wouldn't want someone trying to post your work as their own. Now, having said all that, I can't wait to read it.

Cheers

ricky

Thanks! I already registered for e-Fiction with the same name (actually, I registered for it first, and then the forums, and was pretty confused on why I had to do both), and I completely understand why any new story is examined. It's a pretty nice precaution, after all.

I did receive your email, and I greatly appreciate it as well. Some of the stories in your list are already on my reading list (though it will take a bit to go through them all. Just Castaway Hotel is huge!). At the moment I'm trying to upload the first chapter of my story, but I've hit a few bumps with it (I've both linked the file and pasted the chapter content on the designated window, but when hitting 'preview,' nothing but the summary, title and selected categories show up). Still, I'll be looking through the guides and instructions to see if I'm missing something.

The awesome wisdom of my seniors in this site would be most appreciated, of course. =P

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

Cheers!

Thanks! I already registered for e-Fiction with the same name (actually, I registered for it first, and then the forums, and was pretty confused on why I had to do both), and I completely understand why any new story is examined. It's a pretty nice precaution, after all.

I did receive your email, and I greatly appreciate it as well. Some of the stories in your list are already on my reading list (though it will take a bit to go through them all. Just Castaway Hotel is huge!). At the moment I'm trying to upload the first chapter of my story, but I've hit a few bumps with it (I've both linked the file and pasted the chapter content on the designated window, but when hitting 'preview,' nothing but the summary, title and selected categories show up). Still, I'll be looking through the guides and instructions to see if I'm missing something.

The awesome wisdom of my seniors in this site would be most appreciated, of course. =P

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

Cheers!

After you pick your genre and couplings the first box is your summary. the second is for the chapter. Below the window you will see a clipboard with the Microsoft Word "W" on it. (I'm assuming you are using MS word.) Click on that clipboard and a dialog box will pop up. Paste your chapter in that dialog box. Make sure what you copied wasn't white text and it will strip away any formatting code that is unnecessary . Then you have a summary box if you choose and a "save" Button.

It's just that easy.

Now you may get an error saying that it isn't available yet. That will go away after it is examined and released.

After you post it then you go to the forums and go to the third section, "Efiction Announcements" On the first line you put the story name, chapter # and by (your name). Then in the body you put a link to where your story is. I just open a second window so I can cut and paste the URL.. But there MUST be a hyperlink in the body. It doesn't need to say anything other than the same thing in the first line of the announcement.

This is important because it feeds the story advertising that shows on the homepage: http://gayauthors.org/

To make a hyperlink here just highlight the information you you want to use for the link 'Name, ch author' just above the dialog box you are typing in is a chain link right next to the happy face emoticon. Click that link and paste your URL. That is all there is too it.

Welcome to GA! :)

Welcome to the forums, guys!

Thanks!

My story was validated, so go check it out. Its called Ramifications; a sience fantasy story that's been rattling around me brain for some time.

Now I just have to announce it in the e-Fiction thread. :king:

Newbie here, joined after finding this site through extensive googling of gay stories :)

Welcome! Take a look around, we have a wide variety of goodies here and you're just in time for our summer orgy Posted Image

I'm kidding

Mostly

Posted Image

Like many perhaps, I've been lurking and reading here for a while. It's a great site and I've read some awesome stories. Thought it was time to join in properly.

Ben (UK)

Hy welcome to GA hope you enjoy your self you already know how good the stories are here!Posted Image

But know you will get to meat the people they are GRATE people! I hope you enjoy your selfPosted Image

I'm Red Haircrow, and just found the website today after looking through a fellow writer's links. I hope to interact with and get to know some of you. I've started building my profile here and added some information. My twitter account is linked so anybody can also get my occasionally useless chatter if they want.

Although I have a couple of stories out there, e-book and traditional forms, I haven't posted anything regarding poetry, so I thought to try that here. I did read through a few of the help messages, but haven't managed to find that "account information" tab or button. Does that section of the forum, or archives or efiction have to be registered in another name and logged into?

I was somewhat confused about that. I would appreciate any help. I noticed a message for me on the chat system, but I have the "new" error so I cannot use that system as yet or enter chat.

I'm Red Haircrow, and just found the website today after looking through a fellow writer's links. I hope to interact with and get to know some of you. I've started building my profile here and added some information. My twitter account is linked so anybody can also get my occasionally useless chatter if they want.

Although I have a couple of stories out there, e-book and traditional forms, I haven't posted anything regarding poetry, so I thought to try that here. I did read through a few of the help messages, but haven't managed to find that "account information" tab or button. Does that section of the forum, or archives or efiction have to be registered in another name and logged into?

I was somewhat confused about that. I would appreciate any help. I noticed a message for me on the chat system, but I have the "new" error so I cannot use that system as yet or enter chat.

Hey Red Haircrow, glad you are getting settled in. I think I sent you an email with my cheatsheet for newbies. i hope it helped. If not then click the link and see it on my blog.

Cheers

ricky

Hey Red Haircrow, glad you are getting settled in. I think I sent you an email with my cheatsheet for newbies. i hope it helped. If not then click the link and see it on my blog.

Cheers

ricky

No problem at all, thanks for the clarification about registering separately for the e-fiction. I thought so, but wanted to make sure. My works are all copyrighted to myself, so I wouldn't post anything not my own and would certainly have action taken if someone posted some of my work as their own.

Well... I've managed to get one post out. I suppose that this is as good a place as any for a second. I've been lurking for quite some time but finally decided to take the plunge and register. I took the photo in my signature. Yes... where I come from the world is flat and full of corn. I've begun writing, and figure this might be the place to stoke my muse and learn along the way. I think before I speak (generally), though I must admit a rare lash of the tongue has breached the gates in the past. Thankfully I've learned from each indiscretion. It is a pleasure to meet you all. Now I have to clean the house so I won't feel guilty laying in the pool later.

Hi all,

After reading some very nice stories i thought it was time to register myself here and start commenting on the stories i've read or am busy reading :)

love this site and it's stories

Yay... FINALLY. I am actually on time and get to say welcome to GA without saying.. sorry it's taken me so long to get here. :)

Welcome to GA :) Very pleased to meet you

welcome everyone!!!!

Nephy your not that bad at saying hello to everyone, but we should get a massive group of people who are new to post here and test how good you are =), i would pay to see that!!!!! :P