New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

Hi i'm still fairly new to the forum.  joined in January, and forgot about it for a minute but i have found the site again and am looking forward to becoming active.  i have stories i would like to share...so i hope i can get the hang of this :) <div><br></div><div>jammi</div>

• Site Administrator

Hi Fleeting Rainbow. Welcome to GA! Check out the topics in the Site Help Tab. There are quite a few in there and they are pretty easy to follow to navigate the site and start posting stories. Feel free to drop me a message on my forum or via pm if you have questions!

thanks for the welcome. i will definitely take you up on the offer for help. i've checked out the site a little it seems easy to navigate so i am optimistic. it should be a lot of fun

Welcome... Hope you have a great time here.

Hi i'm still fairly new to the forum.  joined in January, and forgot about it for a minute but i have found the site again and am looking forward to becoming active.  i have stories i would like to share...so i hope i can get the hang of this :) <div><br></div><div>jammi</div>

thanks for all the welcomes. i hope so too. i am usually very wary of message boards but i like the feel of this one so far. can't wait to start posting and reading more great stories

Hello Everyone. I'm brand new here and trying to work out how best to use the site. I have a couple of books on Amazon and Smashwords, but am looking forward to adding to that here. Thanks everyone who said hello to welcome me via my profile!

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/scottnorton

Books online include gay memoir - Hell hath no fury like a gay man whose Jean Paul Gaultier cologne has been emptied to make a bong!

In 1997, Scott and Brett had been in a relationship for 7 years. Brett's thirteen year old cousin, Joel, had lost his mother, his family had abandoned him and after being arrested a number of times, while trying to survive on his own, Joel was given one last chance by authorities - to live with his gay cousin. What followed was extraordinary. This typically homophobic tough 'street' kid discovered the only people who really cared for him were the last people he ever thought he could connect with. It doesn't end like a fairytale, but this is an inspirational story of one alternative family that did something extraordinary together.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72651

Hello Everyone. I'm brand new here and trying to work out how best to use the site. I have a couple of books on Amazon and Smashwords, but am looking forward to adding to that here. Thanks everyone who said hello to welcome me via my profile!

http://www.smashword...iew/scottnorton

Books online include gay memoir - Hell hath no fury like a gay man whose Jean Paul Gaultier cologne has been emptied to make a bong!

In 1997, Scott and Brett had been in a relationship for 7 years. Brett's thirteen year old cousin, Joel, had lost his mother, his family had abandoned him and after being arrested a number of times, while trying to survive on his own, Joel was given one last chance by authorities - to live with his gay cousin. What followed was extraordinary. This typically homophobic tough 'street' kid discovered the only people who really cared for him were the last people he ever thought he could connect with. It doesn't end like a fairytale, but this is an inspirational story of one alternative family that did something extraordinary together.

http://www.smashword...ooks/view/72651

Welcome Scott, I hope you like it here. Everyone is real friendly. I look forward to reading your stories :)

Hello all,

My name is Nathan. Other than the basic information that you can garner from looking to the left of this post, you'll probably learn a lot about me from my unusual and awkward posts. I'm a physicist, which from what I've seen isn't terribly common among the ranks of the gay community. I'm a huge fan of several of the authors here, but I have barely begun to scratch the surface. I'm currently working on a pilot for a series I've been concocting for a few months now. I've had a few years of creative writing training, but for all I know it could turn out to be a trainwreck :2thumbs: . With the exception of a couple of physics papers, I don't have any work published, certainly nothing like a gay romance.

Anyway, I hope to meet lots of interesting folks here and indulge my creative side.

Hello all,

My name is Nathan. Other than the basic information that you can garner from looking to the left of this post, you'll probably learn a lot about me from my unusual and awkward posts. I'm a physicist, which from what I've seen isn't terribly common among the ranks of the gay community. I'm a huge fan of several of the authors here, but I have barely begun to scratch the surface. I'm currently working on a pilot for a series I've been concocting for a few months now. I've had a few years of creative writing training, but for all I know it could turn out to be a trainwreck :2thumbs: . With the exception of a couple of physics papers, I don't have any work published, certainly nothing like a gay romance.

Anyway, I hope to meet lots of interesting folks here and indulge my creative side.

Welcome and enjoy your stay -

if you have questions about your story there is a section of the forum where you can ask for help, someone to beta read [read and give critical feed back] someone to edit or all the above. Or you could do what I did when I got here and latch on to someone(s) whose work you like and see if they'll help. That's how I found Anyta Jian and Frosty so don't be shy.

Andy

• Site Administrator

Welcome Scott and Aberneth! It's always great to have new writers on the site. I look forward to finding new stories to read and love so I hope you guys will post. I'm around if you have any questions about the site.

Scott, a cologne bottle for a bong? LOL. That is hilarious, even more so because I can't see anyone using it more than once. Cologne fumes even in the mouth are bleck, much less from a water/smoke combo! I look forward to reading your story.

Aberneth, I would think being 18 and a physicist would be considerably more rare than being gay and a physicist. ;) We welcome all kinds here. And if your story is a trainwreck you simply do as Andy suggested and get someone (or several someones) to help you get it back on the rails.

Welcome Scott and Aberneth! It's always great to have new writers on the site. I look forward to finding new stories to read and love so I hope you guys will post. I'm around if you have any questions about the site.

Scott, a cologne bottle for a bong? LOL. That is hilarious, even more so because I can't see anyone using it more than once. Cologne fumes even in the mouth are bleck, much less from a water/smoke combo! I look forward to reading your story.

Aberneth, I would think being 18 and a physicist would be considerably more rare than being gay and a physicist. ;) We welcome all kinds here. And if you're story is a trainwreck you simply do as Andy suggested and get someone (or several someones) to help you get it back on the rails.

You'd think that to be the case, but half of my peers are published or working on a publication. My physics department is rather good at getting undergraduates in labs, and unlike chemistry, you don't end up doing something menial like washing glassware. I should also mention that I'm a year advanced for my age, so it's not like they stuck a freshman in a q-optics lab and said "go get 'em, tiger". That being said, I don't know any gay guys in the physics department (only about 300 people in the department), and I know most of them. It's very, very uncommon to find a gay physicist. As best I know, that's a recognized issue, the kind of thing that gets discussed at very boring equal-opportunity conferences.

For reference, there is exactly one female on the faculty, and she's relatively new. Only 7 out of 41 grad students are women. Physics has historically been very purely a Man's Game.

Thanks all for the warm welcome B)

• 2 weeks later...

omg I have been flagging, I'll give the excuse of work though :P very warm welcome to all new members, may your time here be warm, friendly and entertaining :D

Okay so I'm truly late, but I'm a newbie I guess. I joined this site back in Oct, 2010 and since then two of my friends have joined and posted stories here...go figure....lol Anyway, I have read some pretty amazing stories over here...and every single one of them I loved... :wub: I have told several people about the quality of stories here. It's actually like going in to the Library and scanning through rows and rows of books. There are so many it's hard to choose. But as I've said I've hit it head on so far....totally glad I found this site.

Hello, everyone.

I'm Dave, I wrote the story Lem over on Nifty a few years ago. I've been looking for a new forum with better community support for my works, and so I thought I would try out GA. Hopefully soon, I will be bringing Lem and a sequel here.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Welcome. Can't really say much about the community support at Nifty but the people here certainly are good at being helpful and friendly. My only question is - what took you so long to find GA??? :P

Andy

Okay so I'm truly late, but I'm a newbie I guess. I joined this site back in Oct, 2010 and since then two of my friends have joined and posted stories here...go figure....lol Anyway, I have read some pretty amazing stories over here...and every single one of them I loved... :wub: I have told several people about the quality of stories here. It's actually like going in to the Library and scanning through rows and rows of books. There are so many it's hard to choose. But as I've said I've hit it head on so far....totally glad I found this site.

If you're 'truly late' then here's a truly belated welcome :) Not much more to add since you know your way around already :)

Andy

My only question is - what took you so long to find GA??? :P

I have no idea, honestly. This place seems like a much nicer platform, and I really like what I see with the community here voting on stories and being able to leave comments. It's nice. But either way, I'm glad to be here.

Welcome. Can't really say much about the community support at Nifty but the people here certainly are good at being helpful and friendly. My only question is - what took you so long to find GA??? :P

Andy

If you're 'truly late' then here's a truly belated welcome :) Not much more to add since you know your way around already :)

Andy

Thanks, Andy... :) Still finding it hard to Navi, but at least I'm finding some pretty nifty stories here. There is still so much to learn...lol

Glad that your back- hope to see you around GA and get to talk to you.;)

Hello, everyone.

I'm Dave, I wrote the story Lem over on Nifty a few years ago. I've been looking for a new forum with better community support for my works, and so I thought I would try out GA. Hopefully soon, I will be bringing Lem and a sequel here.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Nice to meet you dave. Glad you joined GA. I hope you post some of your stories here, I'd like to check them out :)

Glad that your back- hope to see you around GA and get to talk to you.;)

Thank you....Totally sounds like a plan :D I've been navigating around this morning...I hate learning my way around, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ;)