Lag Spikes When Posting

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I've noticed that GA lags sometimes after I hit the Submit button. From forum posts to comments on stories and blogs, and in private messages. After clicking the submit button, it hangs for a good 15 to 45 seconds.

Win10 with latest updates.

Firefox v60.0.0 (64-bit)

Grammarly installed

All ad-blockers off.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I'm experiencing the same lag.  It's worst when I hit the "submit reply" button, but I'm now noticing it when I hit the reaction button or navigate between pages on site.  

I use an HP laptop with Windows 10 and Chrome.  

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I think this is tied to the search system as other sites are reporting similar issues.  We'll have to look into it further.  I've not seen it happen yet myself.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Myr said:

I think this is tied to the search system as other sites are reporting similar issues.  We'll have to look into it further.  I've not seen it happen yet myself.

I noticed a few times now when viewing the "All Activity" page, that a Blue/White banner at the top mentions something about the Search Index is updating. But it's sporadic when it's up.

• Like 2

I've been experiencing this for a few days too. This morning it is worse. It's taking a good while to load or refresh pages now. :) 

MSi Laptop

Windows 10

Google Chrome

Edit: In posting this, it submitted instantly. That was the first time for me in days. :huh:  

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

We have switched back to the internal search system. This should speed things back up, but you're going to see the search index building dialog for awhile.

• Like 1

I seriously went on an Apple update rant, cause this happened to me too, right when I did the update. Its ok now and I thought it righted itself, before I read this. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks, A, for asking. And thank you Myr for fixing it. 

Edited by Defiance19
  • Haha 5