The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.a4bc81b656751c3d535f1d38097a1454.png

To all of you, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving today or another time.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, tim.

I made lasagna instead of turkey and the usual fixings. :D 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, tim.

I made lasagna instead of turkey and the usual fixings. :D 

Works for me.. Happy Thanksgiving, Reader, to you and your family xox

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kitt said:

Happy Thanksgiving you northerners!  Don't eat yourselves into a turkey coma!

Thanks, Kitt.  i never eat seconds but i had a little last night and then regretted it .. no one could eat dessert.   But there were no comas either!   

• Love 1
  • Site Moderator
19 hours ago, Kitt said:

Happy Thanksgiving you northerners!  Don't eat yourselves into a turkey coma!

Thanks, Kitt.

Lasagna in my house rather than turkey. The leftovers are portioned and frozen for later. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

hi, just wanted to stop in to tell everyone i’m doing ok. spent the last few weeks getting ready for my surgery last week. so far so good progress has been slow but Doctor is pleased. still have 2 more weeks of time off so taking it easy and recovering. 

i hope everyone is doing ok and things are going well. 

Take Care

Thanks for coming in and letting us know how you are, rick. Rest up and take care of yourself!

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

hi, just wanted to stop in to tell everyone i’m doing ok. spent the last few weeks getting ready for my surgery last week. so far so good progress has been slow but Doctor is pleased. still have 2 more weeks of time off so taking it easy and recovering. 

Take Care

Good to hear you’re doing well post surgery.

Take care. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Words from a brave woman. i wonder what she would make of our world today?

image.png.53ffd987e6816ffb3590c15e4273a877.png

I think she might be proud at how far we've come and yet also disappointed with how far we still need to go. 

Our world is complicated. One newscast can relay a tragedy in one segment and a feel good story in the next. I'm not one for following the news, instead, I'll skim headlines but most days I'll focus on the more positive news articles. My husband is the one who keeps up. He'll share current information with me. Although I had to train him to stop telling me any negative stories about kids or dogs. Basically I told him to ask himself "Does K really need to know this?" It usually works. Lol. 

So yeah, I think Rosa would have mixed feelings about the world we live in. I know I do.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I think she might be proud at how far we've come and yet also disappointed with how far we still need to go. 

Our world is complicated. One newscast can relay a tragedy in one segment and a feel good story in the next. I'm not one for following the news, instead, I'll skim headlines but most days I'll focus on the more positive news articles. My husband is the one who keeps up. He'll share current information with me. Although I had to train him to stop telling me any negative stories about kids or dogs. Basically I told him to ask himself "Does K really need to know this?" It usually works. Lol. 

So yeah, I think Rosa would have mixed feelings about the world we live in. I know I do.

i think you're right. We can do so much better. i try to as an individual .. though i am far from the ideal. Today, as i was at the mall to see the dentist.. someone stopped in front of me, and i had some negative thoughts about that, but then i thought, So, Mr Perfect, you've never ever done that?  Well, i have, so I thought a bit more generosity of spirit, tim. That's what's needed.

And still no new tooth .. supposedly it will be ready next week. I saw it today.. tried it on.. but it needs some final touches so i have to go back next week. omg. Michael nearly hit the roof cuz it's taking so long.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i think you're right. We can do so much better. i try to as an individual .. though i am far from the ideal. Today, as i was at the mall to see the dentist.. someone stopped in front of me, and i had some negative thoughts about that, but then i thought, So, Mr Perfect, you've never ever done that?  Well, i have, so I thought a bit more generosity of spirit, tim. That's what's needed.

And still no new tooth .. supposedly it will be ready next week. I saw it today.. tried it on.. but it needs some final touches so i have to go back next week. omg. Michael nearly hit the roof cuz it's taking so long.

I hear what you're saying. We can all do better. Myself included. 

Sorry about the tooth. I know it's been a long, arduous journey. I don't blame Michael for nearly hitting the roof. I would too!

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Love 3

Happy Friday all.  It's a great day for me.  Back in August I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had surgery in September. The pathology came back this morning and it has not spread outside the original tumor.  So I have a blood draw for tumor markers at end of the month and a scan in 6 months, but if those are clear I'll be declared cancer free.  

I'm just really happy. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy Friday all.  It's a great day for me.  Back in August I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had surgery in September. The pathology came back this morning and it has not spread outside the original tumor.  So I have a blood draw for tumor markers at end of the month and a scan in 6 months, but if those are clear I'll be declared cancer free.  

I'm just really happy. 

Congrats. There is no feeling like the words "You beat it"

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I finally got my new teeth. I just can't wear the damn things till these bone chips finish torturing me. # 5 worked out this morning, and there is at least one more. Every time one works out, I start wearing the partials, a new spot erupts.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Congrats. There is no feeling like the words "You beat it"

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I finally got my new teeth. I just can't wear the damn things till these bone chips finish torturing me. # 5 worked out this morning, and there is at least one more. Every time one works out, I start wearing the partials, a new spot erupts.

I hope they work out smoothly and quickly 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm just really happy. 

You should be happy! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. 

On 10/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, rickproehl said:

Take Care

I'm glad everything is going well after your surgery!

30 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Sorry you're dealing with all that. Fingers crossed that it starts healing like it should! 

I've had one of those days where people have done nothing but bitch and complain. I'd like to tell them where to stick it, but I'd be out of a job. Instead, I shut them down nicely then swear at my scanner when it keeps jamming. Lol. 

Oi... Friday the 13th!

• Love 2
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm just really happy. 

oh ... i'm glad you're okay... fingers crossed for the upcoming tests!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Kitt said:

i hope that's over soon and you can start wearing them.

• Love 3

I have to say... today is an absolutely gorgeous day. I woke up and it was 68 degrees in the house. Outside it was 58. What a refreshing change and much needed relief from the heat and humidity we suffered through all summer. 

In college, on days like this, a few of us would skip classes and head to Marblehead, MA to an tiny public access point between two mansions on the water. There was an outcrop of rocks and we'd climb down and park ourselves there for a few hours, basking in the sun and just chill. The place was called Castle Rock and we dubbed them "Castle Rock Days". 

Today is a Castle Rock kind of day. 

castle-rock.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..