The Drop in Centre

i still have a few weeks to go and I'll do the same job as i do now but it will be easier cuz i know it's only a month and a half to go.  So i better get myself to bed.  Night Reader xooxoox

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah i do. Dan has roses like my mum did. it's nice and yeah being outside is restful. Gardening is so far away from computers and idiot customers.

i had a bunch today and long idiotic meetings.   i won't miss it.  Michael said i can give my notice mid August cuz He's making enough to support us.  i cannot wait.

I’m smiling on both counts, tim. Put your notice in and then go celebrate your new life. :D for you. 

And, on that note, I need to go to bed, because I need to get up early to put the bins out. I’d do it the night before if it were not for the critters looking for new toys to play with. 

Good night tim

The sweetest of happy dreams when your turn comes

That goes for the rest of you lot! 

• Love 2
On 7/12/2023 at 3:08 PM, MichaelS36 said:

Yeah, I'm not much for super hot weather, except I can watch men in shorts. Other than that, it's not my cup of tea. 

However, having a backyard now makes it easier to bear. And the house has central air, so that's a bonus too. 

Heat index hit 119F here yesterday. Just a balmy 111F today.

• Wow 3
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Tim and Michael and anyone else up north

The aurora borealis is supposed to be visible tonight! I'm a bit too far south at the Ohio/KY border but y'all might be able to see something!

I’d heard about this, but promptly forgot about, so thanks for the reminder, Starry. Sadly, it’s been quite cloudy of late, so I may not see much. Will look for sure, though.

Edit: Rats, looked it up, and it appears only northeastern Ontario will be able - maybe - to see the lights. 

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36 and I aren’t in the northeast, so it looks like we’ll miss out. *sigh*

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’d heard about this, but promptly forgot about, so thanks for the reminder, Starry. Sadly, it’s been quite cloudy of late, so I may not see much. Will look for sure, though.

Edit: Rats, looked it up, and it appears only northeastern Ontario will be able - maybe - to see the lights. 

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36 and I aren’t in the northeast, so it looks like we’ll miss out. *sigh*

We came in a little while ago, didn't see anything. Usually you have to be more north than we are. But those folks who are are lucky!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, kbois said:

I agree... groceries are insane. I look in the cart and wonder how 1/4 full  can add up to almost $100 with no meat. 

Congrats on being able to give your notice and quit! I know how much you and Mike and Dan have been looking forward to it. That means congratulations to @MichaelS36 on your new job!

I still have to juggle times and days for appointments. Normally W/Th/F are good as my husband is off. Except when they go and schedule him for mandatory overtime, which they did for next Wednesday. Of course that's the day I was finally able to get an appointment for my hip. So now I can A) cancel and wait another 4-6 weeks, B) try to find a ride to Sarasota, or C) shell out $50 for an Uber there and back. I think I'm going to try to find a ride. I really can't deal with another month of being in too much pain to sleep. Eh... it'll work out. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Doctors... Michael called to make an appointment cuz he needs his meds. He called, the recording said, please leave a message and we'll try to get back to you in the next 48 hours.

GP's as are as scarce as hen's teeth around here.  i can usually get in to see my HIV guy without much problem but forget the GP.

i hope you can find a ride.

• Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Doctors... Michael called to make an appointment cuz he needs his meds. He called, the recording said, please leave a message and we'll try to get back to you in the next 48 hours.

GP's as are as scarce as hen's teeth around here.  i can usually get in to see my HIV guy without much problem but forget the GP.

my Doctor is just as bad i went to see my surgeon. i have  to have another surgery to complete the issue i have had  we had to do this in stages. His first available date is October 2. 
tim enjoy your retirement 

• Sad 5
  • Site Moderator
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Tomorrow i am making spinach pie, hummus, and falafel (with homegrown parsley), we'll have that with sweet peppers and tomatos and pita. Should be good.

Sounds absolutely delicious, tim. I’m hungry just thinking about it…

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

my Doctor is just as bad i went to see my surgeon. i have  to have another surgery to complete the issue i have had  we had to do this in stages. His first available date is October 2. 
tim enjoy your retirement 

Here’s hoping there’s a cancellation well before October, rick. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 3
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I have no issues with my HIV Dr, or my Neurologist for my epilepsy but if I want to see my Dr you can be told 4-5 weeks wait for an appointment as for the Dentist, it's usually a 6 month wait for an appointment.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Oh and Tim enjoy your retirement. I hope you get to stay at the house, It sounds a really nice place with the garden x

Thanks, chris. My last day will be August 31, only work doesn't know it yet!  

Wow that is insanely long in order to see a doctor.

It's very easy to see dentists here, no waiting really maybe a few days. The government doesn't cover dentists at all, except (and i'm not positive) if you end up in hospital and need to see one on an emergency basis.

It can be very expensive if you don't have private health insurance or insurance at work.

i am looking forward to not doing my job anymore. Though it's weird because i'm so used to doing it. i think the first month, I'll just do nothing really. Maybe think about what i will do with my time going forward. i have a feeling the house is gonna be pretty clean! lol

Anyhow, thanks Chris. You and your guy look after yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Reader i would love a cancellation date but it won’t happen. I have to be off some of my meds for 30 Days and I must be off my vitamins for 2 weeks and last but not least i have to be on a liquid diet for 5 days before. So taking this challenge wanting this 2 year nightmare to end. 
it’s sad to get old. 
take care and to those that are in the heat wave stay cool and those getting rain stay dry. 

That's a challenge, rick. i'm sorry. 

you hang in there.  i know you can do this. And don't be afraid to come here and rant or yell or just say how you're feeling.  You can do that if it helps, we all hope you know that.

xoxox

• Like 3

@rickproehl I hope you get on track towards getting well. Long-term health issues are hard to deal with. Getting old does suck. I'm discovering that myself. So yes, tim is right, pop on here anytime you need to. 

@Mikiesboy I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you occupied. In addition to a clean house, I see a fully stocked freezer & pantry, plenty of cute crocheted animals and two happy Sirs. Enjoy.

Happy Saturday!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Just checking the weather and noticed this:

image.png.dfbf9b4e8c7304e16cbd8c7864a720dd.png

Yep, took note of that, so I decided this is a good time to try making the lemon bars again. 

PS: Sasha posted this yesterday: Single serve lemon “cheesecake”.

https://youtu.be/Rkqm3daXs_g

I think I’m going to try it. For the life of me, I can’t understand the reasoning behind using turmeric in this recipe. I’ll have to ask Mr. Google later as it’s time for my next attempt at lemon bars. 🤞🏻

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yep, took note of that, so I decided this is a good time to try making the lemon bars again. 

PS: Sasha posted this yesterday: Single serve lemon “cheesecake”.

https://youtu.be/Rkqm3daXs_g

I think I’m going to try it. For the life of me, I can’t understand the reasoning behind using turmeric in this recipe. I’ll have to ask Mr. Google later as it’s time for my next attempt at lemon bars. 🤞🏻

He could be using turmeric for its health benefits. Lemon and turmeric are good for your liver.  Some folks add a bit of turmeric to nearly everything they eat.  But if you are on blood thinners or aspirin.. and you're thinking of doing that.. talk to your doc or pharmacist first cuz it can mess with some drugs.

It's so humid i wish it would snow!! LOL  I've just been frying a ton falafel.. i'm hot now.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..