The Drop in Centre

Happy Friday!  Hope all of you are doing well. After a night of thunderstorms, the morning is gray but peaceful. I hope you all have a great day and weekend!

image.png.ccb8b02b654b151a38ad45efb3318f0a.png

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Friday!  Hope all of you are doing well. After a night of thunderstorms, the morning is gray but peaceful. I hope you all have a great day and weekend!

image.png.ccb8b02b654b151a38ad45efb3318f0a.png

tim, i hope you have a good weekend as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So last year my mom's memorial service was disrupted by Hurricane Ian. Today is the one year anniversary of her death. What have I been dealing with all day? 

Hurricane prep. 

Well played Mom. Well played. 

• Wow 4
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, kbois said:

So last year my mom's memorial service was disrupted by Hurricane Ian. Today is the one year anniversary of her death. What have I been dealing with all day? 

Hurricane prep. 

Harder to forget this way... xoxo take care

• Like 4
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Hurricane prep. 

stay safe and take care

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

this is true for me even with my glasses on.

To those in the way of the Hurricane stay safe.

Take Care and have a Good Night. 

555EE280-D9A6-468C-81C0-567FEB166C24-18802-000015A90B04FAF9.jpeg

How did you know? 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

I'm not at that point YET, but I have used my phone flashlight to look for my phone, I have also used my phone flashlight to look for my glasses the same glasses that I am wearing at that time....does that count as the "at the age where"....🤣🤣🤣

you forgot the best one going into a room to get ??? And you forgot it

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
12 hours ago, kbois said:

Hurricane prep. 

Stay safe and take care.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, rickproehl said:

you forgot the best one going into a room to get ??? And you forgot it

Yep...many times I go into the kitchen to fix supper and then end up standing there trying to remember what it was I was there for....SMH

Edited by 1brokNangel
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2023 at 7:05 AM, kbois said:

One thing for sure.... these storms create pretty sunrises.

IMG_20230829_070004.jpg

Nature can be beautiful and vengeful. I hope you are safe and sound, and the property is still standing!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Tim Hobson said:

Nature can be beautiful and vengeful. I hope you are safe and sound, and the property is still standing!

Welcome aboard, Tom ... not that we are a boat and we're not ships that pass in the night either but welcome aboard in any case.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kbois said:

We made it through fine. No damage to my park or house. Two big trees down in the park next door. One is half blocking the road. It's still a little blustery. We'll get more rain this afternoon. Unfortunately when I spoke with my boss he said he probably lost everything in his house. They had a 4 ft storm surge and he is on the water north of Tampa. They're expecting more surge with this afternoon's high tide. He won't know the exact extent until he can get to the area. 

Glad you're okay!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kbois said:

We made it through fine. No damage to my park or house. Two big trees down in the park next door. One is half blocking the road. It's still a little blustery. We'll get more rain this afternoon. Unfortunately when I spoke with my boss he said he probably lost everything in his house. They had a 4 ft storm surge and he is on the water north of Tampa. They're expecting more surge with this afternoon's high tide. He won't know the exact extent until he can get to the area. 

Glad you are ok

• Love 2
5 hours ago, kbois said:

You hate to hear about anyone having property damages or losing their possessions during these hurricanes. Folks seem to place so much emphasis on wind speed when it's really the water and storm surge that causes the most damage and loss of life.

I'm glad you're OK.  You've been through quite enough over this past year. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..