The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, kbois said:

Ok everyone.. finish up your chores and then go find a comfy spot, grab a coffee or tea, settle in and start this amazing story. tim has truly outdone himself. 

I can't right now because I have to go to a long and boring meeting for work. 

pexels-photo-3905727.jpeg

But I will read it later on this afternoon!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Hi, 

yes it’s been a while since i stopped in but i never stopped thinking about everyone. took the time to focus on getting better. had lots of physical therapy to go from a walker , cane to walking normally. you never know what you could do until it was taken away. not ready to run a 5k but a walk around the block or the grocery store is good for now. 

then recovering from my surgery. just when i think it might get better the surgery failed and we have to do it again in 2 weeks. then another 3 weeks off work. trying to stay positive but taking it 1 day at a time. 

sorry to burden you all with this.

So how are things with everyone?

so very good to hear from you!

sending good vibes for a good recovery 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Hi, 

yes it’s been a while since i stopped in but i never stopped thinking about everyone. took the time to focus on getting better. had lots of physical therapy to go from a walker , cane to walking normally. you never know what you could do until it was taken away. not ready to run a 5k but a walk around the block or the grocery store is good for now. 

then recovering from my surgery. just when i think it might get better the surgery failed and we have to do it again in 2 weeks. then another 3 weeks off work. trying to stay positive but taking it 1 day at a time. 

sorry to burden you all with this.

So how are things with everyone?

Hi rick,

I might have joined a million years ago, but never was active until December of last year. Nice to meet you, always good to meet new friendly faces.

I wish you a good recovery. 🙂

drown

• Love 5

Hey All

Op went well, but I've been admitted to hospital. Hopefully only overnight as of a slight issue ( I couldn't pee so catheter for 2 weeks).  

I'm on morphine, so apologies if I'm rambling xx

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Op went well, but I've been admitted to hospital. Hopefully only overnight as of a slight issue ( I couldn't pee so catheter for 2 weeks).  

Well, let them look after you. Ramble away...we're good as long as you're okay! xo

• Love 4
Just now, chris191070 said:

No male nurse, female nurses 

Nurses are usually pretty great no matter what sex they come in.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Get well soon.

Thank you for checking in!

feel better get well soon GIF (Twin Peaks!)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Chris glad things went good for you

takd care

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, drown said:

Hi rick,

I might have joined a million years ago, but never was active until December of last year. Nice to meet you, always good to meet new friendly faces.

I wish you a good recovery. 🙂

drown

nice to meet you and thanks for the well wishes 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Glad that the operation went well, but I'm so sorry you had to have a catheter. Not fun at all. Make sure they give you meds for bladder spasms. Hopefully it can be removed quickly. Take care of yourself. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, chris191070 said:

Quick Update.

Catheter removed, successfully peeing (even if bright red)

Back at home, taken some paracetamol and now laying down for a bit.

Glad you're home. Take it easy...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Quick Update.

Rest well and be well soon! Glad you’re home. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Quick Update.

Happy to hear you're home. Take it easy and feel better soon!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Quick Update.

That's good news. Take it easy and rest. 

• Love 2

Well, it's here. Friday. I hope you all have a great one. Today is supposed to be a nice day. I'll enjoy having the windows open today because we're about to have a week-long heat wave. I'm not looking forward to that. However, that's summer for ya. Enjoy your day, everyone!

image.png.70fa1004530022eb7b3682699b88e35c.png

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, it's here. Friday. I hope you all have a great one. Today is supposed to be a nice day. I'll enjoy having the windows open today because we're about to have a week-long heat wave. I'm not looking forward to that. However, that's summer for ya. Enjoy your day, everyone!

image.png.70fa1004530022eb7b3682699b88e35c.png

it should be a good day. manager came around to let us know that our goal today is to lock the doors by noon!

tonight, we're going out with all three kids to celebrate the twins' birthday.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Recovery going well, just very tired. So resting, am on paracetamol for pain.

Next appointment in 3 weeks for stent removal ( should be pain free then ) and a scan in about 6 weeks to see if the surgery was successful.

my fingers are crossed for you! take it easy and let your body heal.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/13/2024 at 9:27 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Thursday!  That means laundry day... well honestly that day changes week to week, but for now, today is laundry day.

Also, Best wishes to @chris191070 who we hope is at home now getting better and also to @rickproehl who we are glad to have back. Get well soon to both of you!

image.png.d27cd3c2db9992a12d4f67666279c011.png

thanks tim glad to be back been a long road.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Recovery going well, just very tired. So resting, am on paracetamol for pain.

Next appointment in 3 weeks for stent removal ( should be pain free then ) and a scan in about 6 weeks to see if the surgery was successful.

Chris like the docs told me stay a head of your pain. I didn’t listen 1 time and took 2 days to get better. The first 3-5 days are the worse. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it should be a good day. manager came around to let us know that our goal today is to lock the doors by noon!

tonight, we're going out with all three kids to celebrate the twins' birthday.

Yay.. get outta there! A half day off is excellent! Enjoy your night out with the family! :)  🎂

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..