The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow. That's wild.  Nosy woman!

We don't really have any 'good' things that are not in use. We have lots of unmatching plates and stuff. Our wine glasses are too small to bother with unless you're having wine. Due to tendon issues with my left thumb, it's quite painful to hold a glass.. mugs are better. Michael bought some nice glass mugs because drinking water/iced tea from a regular mug isn't as nice.

I've contemplated using our "good stuff". The problem is I have too much of it. Not only do I have the stuff we got for our wedding but I have my mom's 16 piece place settings and stuff that goes with it.

I guess if I didn't want to load the dishwasher or hand wash dishes for a couple of weeks I'd have enough to do so but that would be mighty gross. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I don't drink much , especially at night because it affects my sleep.  But it was a gift and I was curious about how it tasted.  But I don't think I want anymore. 

it sounded very nice.. i would have tried it too ... maybe if you want some.. add something like soda water or gingerale. Or have friends over and let them drink it!  :)

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, kbois said:

've contemplated using our "good stuff".

i do have a teacup and saucer that was my grandmother's that i don't use, mainly cuz it's too small for me.  i know i'm a delicate flower, but this is a very dainty little thing. i also have two plates with irises on them which were my mum's. i use those for dessert plates.. i like looking at them.  Use a couple of your 'good' things if you want to use them.  Why not. You don't have to use everything all at once.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i do have a teacup and saucer that was my grandmother's that i don't use, mainly cuz it's too small for me.  i know i'm a delicate flower, but this is a very dainty little thing. i also have two plates with irises on them which were my mum's. i use those for dessert plates.. i like looking at them.  Use a couple of your 'good' things if you want to use them.  Why not. You don't have to use everything all at once.

I’m the same with teacups, so it’s mugs all the way for me.  

When I had a cat, I used to use the saucers for his canned food. That ended when I dropped a bag of milk on one of them and it broke. Who knew a bag of milk could take out a saucer… :P 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m the same with teacups, so it’s mugs all the way for me.  

When I had a cat, I used to use the saucers for his canned food. That ended when I dropped a bag of milk on one of them and it broke. Who knew a bag of milk could take out a saucer… :P 

Mugs all the way for me with tea.

Any saucers we have, we use to feed the cats tinned food.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It's cool and thundery here. Bread is rising, so have a great Saturday and weekend, whether it's long or short. And don't forget it is:

image.png.3c26fb451a2b456b257fa1e12d8a43af.png

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's cool and thundery here. Bread is rising, so have a great Saturday and weekend, whether it's long or short. And don't forget it is:

image.png.3c26fb451a2b456b257fa1e12d8a43af.png

I've got my shepherds pie going. You're right.. the meat mixture looks gross, but it smells good. Lol. Just have to wait for the onions to pickle... I'll add those to the veggie layer. I should have done those first.  

Have a great day everyone! 

• Love 2
  • Wow 1
54 minutes ago, kbois said:

I've got my shepherds pie going. You're right.. the meat mixture looks gross, but it smells good. Lol. Just have to wait for the onions to pickle... I'll add those to the veggie layer. I should have done those first.  

I love a good shepherds pie. The fresh bread that tim is making would go well with it.

Have a good day x

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I love a good shepherds pie. The fresh bread that tim is making would go well with it.

Have a good day x

Me too. I make my mum's, which was her mum's, but there are no veggie layers—just the meat, cooked with grated carrot and onion and the mash on top. I'm craving some now, but dinner is already made!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Have a good day x

@Mikiesboy.... get your flabby butt down here and bring the bread. 🤣

• Wow 2
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, kbois said:

@Mikiesboy.... get your flabby butt down here and bring the bread. 🤣

That was unnecessary!  Bake your own! LOL..  3cups whole wheat flour, 1 tsp yeast.. 1.5  cups warm water, 1.5 tsp salt and 2 tablespoons oil

Edited by Mikiesboy
posted recipe for 2 loaves...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

quiet time & coffee  

farmers market  

tamale kitchen  

Costco optical  

and i think all the errands are done 

@Mikiesboy i can smell the bread from here!

have a great day everyone 

quiet time and coffee sounds nice ... you have have a great day too !

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Busy weekend for me and hubby -

Old Carpet and Underlay taken up. 

Painter and Decorator in tomorrow and Monday.

New carpet on Tuesday.

It's a good job it's school half-term and I'm off work for a week.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Busy weekend for me and hubby -

Old Carpet and Underlay taken up. 

Painter and Decorator in tomorrow and Monday.

New carpet on Tuesday.

It's a good job it's school half-term and I'm off work for a week.

oh yeah.. but that'll be nice to have it all repaired and looking brilliant

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all.  Had a lovely day today. Both elder son and little son wanted to go to the park.  Elder enjoyed the frisbeegolf and little the splash ground. 

Then we had steak dinner at the restaurant.   Wonderful time. 

That sounds terrific! Glad you had such a great day!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

It is Memorial Day in the United States.  A day to pay homage to all those who didn't come home.  It's a solemn day meant for the contemplation of the cost of freedom.

Personally, i'm glad none of the soldiers who gave up their lives anywhere, can see what is happening in the countries they fought to save.

Rather than a picture on this Monday, i'll share this:

image.png.8e22927c80cb804e9ae5eb367b2e1722.png

• Love 3

Hall, Landing and Staircase completed. Was painted Sunday and Monday, with new carpet and lino layer today.

Splitting headache from the paint and glue.

Have a good Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Tuesday.

image.png.0a34a3e118f3040bb6b4fd4b713dce67.png

Oh, the places you'll go!

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hall, Landing and Staircase completed. Was painted Sunday and Monday, with new carpet and lino layer today.

Yay!

Sorry to hear about the headache. Hopefully, the smell dissipates in a timely manner.

Have a good Tuesday.

You too, Chris.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Have a good Tuesday.

I hope you're feeling better, Chris!  Also, I hope that the repairs look good!

• Love 1
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

I hope you're feeling better, Chris!  Also, I hope that the repairs look good!

Yeah, the headache has almost gone.

The repairs look amazing 👏 

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..