The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Just now, MacGreg said:

Someone has made me dinner, and it smells delicious. I will see you all later. 

:D  excellent...enjoy, Sir

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Ancient?  ANCIENT?? I resemble that remark!

Hey, I was just quoting someone else. :P 

In all seriousness, though, my eldest brother was born in '69... He'll be 50 next November, and I could never think of him as old... Don't think of my mum as old, either, she was born in 1960. (She is not my brother's mother, or she would have been 9 when he was born, which, ew.) And my dad would have been '70 this year. Hard to think of anyone as old who isn't, well, my grandmother's age.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, I was just quoting someone else. :P 

In all seriousness, though, my eldest brother was born in '69... He'll be 50 next November, and I could never think of him as old... Don't think of my mum as old, either, she was born in 1960. (She is not my brother's mother, or she would have been 9 when he was born, which, ew.) And my dad would have been '70 this year. Hard to think of anyone as old who isn't, well, my grandmother's age.

Your mum and I are the same age. Careful who you call ancient! Mum's dont take things like that well!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

:gikkle:  wanna talk pinball?

I bet you looked cute in your bell-bottom pants.  (I did, but I was three so I had no say in what I wore in the 70's.)

And there are still some pinball machines out there.  Not many, granted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jdonley75 said:

And there are still some pinball machines out there.  Not many, granted.

Yep, but hard to find. We have a museum dedicated to em! Talk about feeling old!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kitt said:

hush.  Pinball was 60's and 70's

Well my mom worked bars when I was young and I remember one in particular.  since I could be there until 7pm (no under 21 after then)  instead of paying a sitter she would have me walk from school to the bar and I'd play pinball  for hours with quarters from the till (the bar owned the machine so it went back to them) or the old men there drinking in the early afternoon would give me coins. 

This is when I was 6 and 7 lol 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Kitt said:

hush.  Pinball was 60's and 70's

3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Well my mom worked bars when I was young and I remember one in particular.  since I could be there until 7pm (no under 21 after then)  instead of paying a sitter she would have me walk from school to the bar and I'd play pinball  for hours with quarters from the till (the bar owned the machine so it went back to them) or the old men there drinking in the early afternoon would give me coins. 

This is when I was 6 and 7 lol 

in the back of the 7-11 down the road from us there were two pinball machines.  my friends and i would ride our bikes there for Slurpees and pinball :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thought I just said I didn't think of her as old. :P 

Yeah, but you said ancient first, and us old folk hear some words louder than others! :gikkle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, @Jdonley75 said it first! I was simply following the example of one older and wiser than myself. :yes:

Admittedly, I did use the word "ancient."

But, I made up for it by saying @Kitt probably looked cute in her bell-bottoms as well.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Personal goal fulfilled.  I said I wanted to write 6 chapters before 2018 ended, and I have.  Granted, the story was supposed to be over in 6 chapters and it's clearly NOT. 

But hey.  Its something.  Lol. 

Yay! Well done! :2thumbs:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Personal goal fulfilled.  I said I wanted to write 6 chapters before 2018 ended, and I have.  Granted, the story was supposed to be over in 6 chapters and it's clearly NOT. 

But hey.  Its something.  Lol. 

Only 6?  Yeah, I know that feeling.  Intend to write only 12 or 13 chapters and end up with 26.

I'm still working on chapter 5 of my new one myself...

• Like 1

Time for bed, I think. My brother is coming by tomorrow at 1 to drop off my Christmas present (which he forgot at home on the kitchen counter when we met up on Christmas Eve to hand over gifts), and it's already nearly 5, so... Need to get some sleep before then. Goodnight, DiC! :hug: :heart: 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jdonley75 said:

Only 6?  Yeah, I know that feeling.  Intend to write only 12 or 13 chapters and end up with 26.

I'm still working on chapter 5 of my new one myself...

Heh, Storms was supposed to be a short YA novel. The outline now has 53 chapters, and it'll probably clock in at well over 100k words... No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

watched Charlie Brooker's latest Black Mirror ... 

did you?

why yes, i did.

What did you think?

Well, i thought it was like most of Mr. Brooker's work odd. but good.
I think i'll have to look for it.
yeah, i think you'll be glad that you did.

Thanks very much ..

You're most welcome!   :D

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Forevermore

a new poem ... for those who read my poetry.  for the rest... meh.

Very nice.  I'm not a poet but I enjoy reading it from time to time.

I've spent the last couple hours on here, reading up on how to be evil again so I can write a good plot for a project I have my sights set on, putting some work on another story and thinking to myself how Andrew Luck could be a pretty sexy furry boy given the chance...

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..