The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

I have such a thing for nice suits. Or, you know, men wearing them. :D 

i have a couple of nice calvin kleins .. slim fitting ones. i like wearing em ... Michael seems to like it too .. hehe

• Love 4

22 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Yup. 

No rest for the wicked. In all honesty I'm the newest hired manager.  So I have lowest priority in time off.  But I am allowed to wear jeans tomorrow! 

It's the small things 

i was the only one in my department at work today

i wore jeans, and that's not "in dress code" for my position

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

i have a couple of nice calvin kleins .. slim fitting ones. i like wearing em ... Michael seems to like it too .. hehe

I got into the TV show White Collar a while back. One of the best things about that show is seeing Matt Bomer in fabulous vintage suits. :P Another is the so obviously totally instentional sexual tension between the two main characters. I mean, it’s not scripted, but it’s acted that way. Mostly because Matt Bomer can’t not flirt and I dare anyone not to flirt back. :P 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I would love to see this in Person. Too bad I would be beheaded as soon as I got off the plane.

My former flatmate works in Dubai. She’s gay, and she’s not the only queer person at her company either. But you can’t exactly be open about it. Inside the “bubble”, where all the foreigners and guest workers are, the religious police keep a low profile. They technically have jurisdiction, but they don’t go after foreigners and non-Muslims lightly. You know, to avoid international incidents. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

My former flatmate works in Dubai. She’s gay, and she’s not the only queer person at her company either. But you can’t exactly be open about it. Inside the “bubble”, where all the foreigners and guest workers are, the religious police keep a low profile. They technically have jurisdiction, but they don’t go after foreigners and non-Muslims lightly. You know, to avoid international incidents. 

Good to know, there was a Gay YouTuber that tried to go, in 2017, and they wouldn't allow him past customs.

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Good to know, there was a Gay YouTuber that tried to go, in 2017, and they wouldn't allow him past customs.

Yeah, if you're a 'public' persona of some sort I can imagine it'd be difficult to get in.

• Like 3

@Starrynight22 Your new chapter is on the list, just under tim's Forevermore poem. For some reason, it shows up there rather than at the top. Perhaps due to the date and time you initially posted it, before it went through moderation.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gotta say, that Dubai fireworks display made me think of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and now I should probably get to bed before I decide that I should really watch that right now, at 6:30 in the morning on New Year's Day... Goodnight, DiC! Happy New Year! :hug::heart: 

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

8 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

@Starrynight22 Your new chapter is on the list, just under tim's Forevermore poem. For some reason, it shows up there rather than at the top. Perhaps due to the date and time you initially posted it, before it went through moderation.

Oh! Thank you for that. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

:hug: goodnight Happy New Year

And to you...thank you for.coming in....nice to.see you! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning. New Year blues today. Probably just gonna game all day.

Hang in there ... it's really just a day, that's all.   i had weird dreams this morning ... covered in weird black flies.. omg, i never dream about bugs. Something i can do without.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

handsel Audio pronunciation

noun | HAN-sul  

Definition

:
a gift made as a token of good wishes or luck especially at the beginning of a new year

:
something received first (as in a day of trading) and taken to be a token of good luck

:
a first installment

:
a token or sample of what is to come : earnest, foretaste

According to an old custom in the British Isles, the first Monday of the New Year is Handsel Monday, a day to give a small gift or good luck charm to children or to those who have served you well. As long ago as the 13th century, English speakers were using the ancestor of handsel in the context of omens and luck, eventually leading to the meaning of a good luck charm given to one at the start of some new situation or condition. By the 18th century, traders were using handsel for the first cash they earned in the morning—to them, an omen of good things to follow. Nowadays, it can also be used for something that gives a taste of things to come.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..