The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

When something is good, I do not complain. ...do I boy?

No Sir, You don't  :D 

• Like 4

malinger Audio pronunciation

verb | muh-LING-gur  

Definition

:
to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness (as to avoid duty or work)

Do you know someone who always seems to develop an ailment when there's work to be done? Someone who merits an Academy Award for his or her superb simulation of symptoms? Then you know a malingerer. The verb malinger comes from the French word malingre, meaning "sickly," and one who malingers feigns illness. In its earliest uses in the early 19th century, malinger usually referred to a soldier or sailor pretending to be sick or insane to shirk duty. Later, psychologists began using malingering as a clinical term to describe the feigning of illness in avoidance of a duty or for personal gain. Today, malinger is used in just about any context in which someone fakes sickness or injury to get out of an undesirable task. Also see tim.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Morning, DiC! :)

The dog has taken to chewing the cat tree. I keep trying to distract her with other toys. She leaves on Friday. Gonna miss her, but it'll be a lot more peaceful around here when she goes.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

Dogs are .not toys...they need effort and if you aren't gonna give them that dont get one. Passing them around like old China is cruel. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Dogs are .not toys...they need effort and if you aren't gonna give them that dont get one. Passing them around like old China is cruel. 

The neighbours/landlords are getting annoyed with her barking. She has attachment issues (all too common in shih tzus, and difficult to train). So she's gonna go stay with my flatmate's mum. Honestly, aside from her attachment issues she's actually quite well behaved. But the barking gets exhausting. I completely agree, though. I don't think getting a dog was the best idea for her. Or for the dog. My flatmate struggles with being strict enough, gives in too easily. If it were my dog I'd be a lot more strict with her training, but it's not. Maybe her mother will be able to do a better job.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

< peeks out of my hiding place and looks around carefully befor coming out>

Hi gang.  Trying to keep my day off to myself. Dont tell the peeps at work I am not busy please!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

< peeks out of my hiding place and looks around carefully befor coming out>

Hi gang.  Trying to keep my day off to myself. Dont tell the peeps at work I am not busy please!!!

Mum's the word. Your secret's safe with me. How are you? 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

Doing well.  I ran away from home and am currently too far from the barn to be of any use if they were to call!  Exploring little shops in a tiny town I didn't even know existed.

How has your day been?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Cute firemen?

no ... never are.  We do huge collections for their Christmas toys for kids and they always send old chubby ones.. i think there are only like 4 hot ones.. :( 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

A person really doesn't need to be young to be hot. :heart: 

oh hell no   :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Week 5 of class 4 started today. Next Tuesday starts the fifth class, and it's both my first math class and accounting class.

Ooh, math... I tried math. It did not go well. :P Good luck! 

EDIT: Realising that 'good luck' probably seemed sarcastic... It wasn't. 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Ooh, math... I tried math. It did not go well. :P Good luck! 

EDIT: Realising that 'good luck' probably seemed sarcastic... It wasn't. 

I've always been good at Math, Science, and History. It's English and Language Arts in general that I suck at. And not the good kind of suckage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You guys, something rare and wonderful has happened! It's 12:24 at night, and I'm *gasp* sleepy! I'm gonna go to bed at a decent hour! Who am I and what have I done with Thorn??

Goodnight, everyone. See you all tomorrow! :hug: 

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I've always been good at Math, Science, and History. It's English and Language Arts in general that I suck at. And not the good kind of suckage.

Yeah, I'm the opposite. I mean, science and history I'm not so terrible at. I'm pretty good at things that interest me, and science and history do. But languages is where my talents lie. And, you know, music. Turns out I'm not quite so bad at maths as I thought I was, though, cause I actually managed to get through Electronics, Electro-acoustics and Room-acoustics at school, which all include quite a few formulas. It's physics, essentially. Digital Sound Theory, too, though just barely.

Okay. Now bed.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..