The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Right?  -12c right now.. overnight -20c .. no snow for us at the moment but it's sunny as heck out there.

We rarely get temperatures that low here anymore. But it's pretty humid so it feels a lot colder than it is. Kind of miss the properly cold winters, though. Builds character. :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

oh dear ..i'm in a silly mood .. and oh good... my cough is back...

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

We rarely get temperatures that low here anymore. But it's pretty humid so it feels a lot colder than it is. Kind of miss the properly cold winters, though. Builds character. :P 

it gets brutally cold here sometimes. but yeah, it's damp and not nice.  i was telling molly earlier, i have a patch of skin on my shin that is a mess from frost bite ... and i didnt get that while i was on the street... it was after i married Michael... omg cold it was.. like -45C, it was a few years back... it just sucked the breath out of you... wicked.

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

it gets brutally cold here sometimes. but yeah, it's damp and not nice.  i was telling molly earlier, i have a patch of skin on my shin that is a mess from frost bite ... and i didnt get that while i was on the street... it was after i married Michael... omg cold it was.. like -45C, it was a few years back... it just sucked the breath out of you... wicked.

Wow, never had it that cold here. That's like Siberia cold, tears freezing on your face cold. We're lucky we have the Gulf Stream come by over here, makes sure things don't get too cold. 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh stop ur whining...LOL 

Heya... A Floridian putting socks on, voluntarrily, is a big deal. Socks don't look good in sandels.

12 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Oh, you poor dear, must be awful. :P

Dipping down to -7C here over the weekend. According to google, that's about 19F. Not too bad. Gonna snow more, too, so that's nice.

Yes. Yes, it is. *sniffles*

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Holy shit, Bro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Wow, never had it that cold here. That's like Siberia cold, tears freezing on your face cold. We're lucky we have the Gulf Stream come by over here, makes sure things don't get too cold. 

Yeah doesn't happen often but it has.. i remember getting on the subway early and it was so cold they couldn't keep the cars warm.. i have leather mittens with removable lining for those days. people think mittens are for kids.. no, they are for very cold weather.. no gloves keep your hands warm in that kinda cold.  Sitting on the subway then was like sitting in a cold barn.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Be back later. Off to be a uni student.

Currently sitting at 71/72 points, with the last 28 this week. Already have 4 of those points for class participation this week. The three assessments are the last 24.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah doesn't happen often but it has.. i remember getting on the subway early and it was so cold they couldn't keep the cars warm.. i have leather mittens with removable lining for those days. people think mittens are for kids.. no, they are for very cold weather.. no gloves keep your hands warm in that kinda cold.  Sitting on the subway then was like sitting in a cold barn.

Mittens are the best. I also wear mittens when it's properly cold. Knitted ones, proper solid wool.

3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Be back later. Off to be a uni student.

Currently sitting at 71/72 points, with the last 28 this week. Already have 4 of those points for class participation this week. The three assessments are the last 24.

Well done, A! :hug: 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

What would you say, if I said my first alcoholic drink was a Zima? Before I was 21y/o. Cousin's wedding, open bar at the hotel, and they didn't card me.

Zima, Champaign, and Rum and Cokes were had all night. A few Rum and Cokes.

The next morning, was my first hangover too, and my Mom laughed at me the entire morning. They didn't realize I was *cough* partaking in adult beverages.

Well, yes, there is that first experience.  Mine was screwdrivers.  I couldn't face orange juice for months, and I don't drink hard alcohol to this day :/

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Well, yes, there is that first experience.  Mine was screwdrivers.  I couldn't face orange juice for months, and I don't drink hard alcohol to this day :/

mostly i smoked pot ... but sometimes jeff would buy whatever was cheap.. hard cider or cheap sherry  .. fecking awful hangovers .. ugh

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Backwoods Boy said:

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

mostly i smoked pot ... but sometimes jeff would buy whatever was cheap.. hard cider or cheap sherry  .. fecking awful hangovers .. ugh

I've only been black-out drunk twice, and the second time was because of Screwdrivers. My "friend" thought it would be funny, to make it more vodka that OJ. Last I remember was dropping my head down and was laughing because of a joke someone told, and waking up the next morning. Supposedly, I had a lot of intense talks about Gay Rights, and I made a pass at one of the guys.

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Well done, A! :hug:

Thanks, Thorn.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Hey gang.

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh stop ur whining...LOL   image.png.6ea3b9d42ef2f1879d2245292ebe1b32.png  That is now... out my living room window... that is frost and sunshine .. .....LOL  currently 10F maybe up to 15F if we are lucky.. yay...

Try working outdoors all winter!  Is only down to 27*f ( about -4*c) right now, but thw wind is wicked! Feels like 18*

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Lol i go into the cold barn to warm up!

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

Per Mike's approval, yes?

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes, Sir. Only with Michael's approval.

Somehow i can picture Mike in the cuddle pile with them.

• Love 1
  • Wow 2

38 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Somehow i can picture Mike in the cuddle pile with them.

I like cuddle piles... :blushing:

Also, I'm an idiot with poor reading comprehension and no self-esteem, so I totally didn't get what @Mikiesboy meant at first. 😅

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Love 3

okay ... the instant pot has done a lot today .. ended up with tons of lovely and soft beans, 8 cups of chickpeas and 2 cups of navy beans are in the freezer, ready to be used  .. right now it is cooking the bean and ham soup for tomorrow's dinner ... i may make some nice whole wheat biscuits to go with it tomorrow.   curry is simmering on the stove.  Sir is happy, so i am, too.  :)

• Love 5

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

okay ... the instant pot has done a lot today .. ended up with tons of lovely and soft beans, 8 cups of chickpeas and 2 cups of navy beans are in the freezer, ready to be used  .. right now it is cooking the bean and ham soup for tomorrow's dinner ... i may make some nice whole wheat biscuits to go with it tomorrow.   curry is simmering on the stove.  Sir is happy, so i am, too.  :)

That all sounds lovely! :heart: 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..