The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Just now, c081huang said:

Hello everyone. Good evening (afternoon??) from the eastern hemisphere. Been a long time lurker here but never had the courage to post anything till now.

Have a great day ahead everyone 😸

Nice that you dropped in.  We are a tad odd around here but all good people.  Welcome!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Hello everyone. Good evening (afternoon??) from the eastern hemisphere. Been a long time lurker here but never had the courage to post anything till now.

Well, I think that pretty much stretches the group around the world now  :)   Glad you commented.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, c081huang said:

Hello, and welcome to the DIC. Took me awhile to make my first post, so I totally get the lurking. :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Just a Fly-by to say Hi.

This week's focus in my Accounting/Math class... Introduction to the US Federal Tax Code.

Sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry.

It's somewhere between watching flies fuck and watching paint dry.

On the positive side of things, once all this is done, and I have my C.P.A. cert/Lisc. I'll know how to game the system legally.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Well you and i are acquainted...nice to see you.

• Like 4

Welcome. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on a good Financial Calculator, I'd be much obliged to hear that advice.

I'm pretty sure mine is Texas Instruments. It did the trick. Financial calculators aren't cheap, as you may have discovered, but I'm sure you can find used on ebay. 

I'll look when I'm home to see what model I have. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on a good Financial Calculator, I'd be much obliged to hear that advice.

we were able to find the graphing calculator the kids needed at a pawn shop for less than half the new or used on ebay price

18 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Welcome. 

hello Sir

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

33 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I'm pretty sure mine is Texas Instruments. It did the trick. Financial calculators aren't cheap, as you may have discovered, but I'm sure you can find used on ebay. 

My brother had one of these  when he was in school. The fact they are still around today, bodes well for how good they are. 

• Like 2

Hey everybody! How are you all this afternoon? (For most of you; it’s evening here.)

3 hours ago, c081huang said:

Welcome, new person! I look forward to getting to know you. :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we were able to find the graphing calculator the kids needed at a pawn shop for less than half the new or used on ebay price

hello Sir

34 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My brother had one of these  when he was in school. The fact they are still around today, bodes well for how good they are. 

Thanks, everyone. Our professor suggested it for not only the rest of this class but our future accounting classes as well. To quote her, "Knowing the equations are nice, but being able to do the equations quickly when you have clients in the professional world, is more important."

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, c081huang said:

Welcome to the DiC!

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

This ear really hurts a lot. Think it’s my sinuses. :( Gonna try and sleep anyway. Goodnight, DiC! :hug: 

Good night Thorn. Feel better... :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..