The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

22 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Morning everyone...

Morning, Reader! :hug: 

11 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Well, I'm not going to complain about 38 degrees F and a howling east wind, mild conditions compared to you folks.  And you're right about the urban issues, tim.  We can get a couple feet out here without the problems you have.  Yeah, they plow the snow up onto the sidewalk, but the town is small and the traffic is light enough that one can walk in the street without danger.  Hope you can stay inside today.  I have to go out once, but only two blocks, and the rest of the time I'll be hiding out until the wind dies down, presumably tomorrow.

Sounds like a good idea. Stay warm! As for complaining, it's not like you can't do that just cause some have it comparatively worse. It sucks either way.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, Reader! :hug: 

Sounds like a good idea. Stay warm! As for complaining, it's not like you can't do that just cause some have it comparatively worse. It sucks either way.

yep.. winter is crap.. i posted a nice pic in the Live Poets forum.. which is a pretty winter picture.  In the city the snow is black longer than it's white and it all just gets ugly and messy. 

i am just grateful that Michael made me get a very warm parka for winter and gloves too. See so many people here wearing running shoes in winter.. no gloves, hats or scarves ... you gotta be mental ... cuz you just never know. Things can and do break down...anyway.. i cant stand listening to myself any more.. gonna go and do something

• Like 3
  • Love 2

48 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yep.. winter is crap.. i posted a nice pic in the Live Poets forum.. which is a pretty winter picture.  In the city the snow is black longer than it's white and it all just gets ugly and messy. 

i am just grateful that Michael made me get a very warm parka for winter and gloves too. See so many people here wearing running shoes in winter.. no gloves, hats or scarves ... you gotta be mental ... cuz you just never know. Things can and do break down...anyway.. i cant stand listening to myself any more.. gonna go and do something

I got a really nice and thick Fjällräven winter jacket for Christmas from my mum. So grateful for that now.

Hope you find a good distraction for yourself. Always helps for me. :) 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

I just wish the storm would go ahead and get started here.  I feel it coming in my knees and a bit in my lower back. I know once the front passes weather will go to hell in a handbasket, but my joints will stop hurting.  I will take the trade.  Trying to hold out on the pain pills because I have a history of addiction to the things in my family and I am determined not to go there.  Of course, when gram was diagnossed as end stage many years back, I though it was horrid that my uncle would not let them prescribe pain pills for her because she had a personal history of addiction.  I believe my exact words to him were "Who the fuck cares if she gets addicted again at this stage - let her be comfortable. Not like she will live long enough to need rehab!"   The doc thought I was a bit brash, but the peeps in the waiting room that heard every word I said stood up and applauded.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I just wish the storm would go ahead and get started here.  I feel it coming in my knees and a bit in my lower back. I know once the front passes weather will go to hell in a handbasket, but my joints will stop hurting.  I will take the trade.  Trying to hold out on the pain pills because I have a history of addiction to the things in my family and I am determined not to go there.  Of course, when gram was diagnossed as end stage many years back, I though it was horrid that my uncle would not let them prescribe pain pills for her because she had a personal history of addiction.  I believe my exact words to him were "Who the fuck cares if she gets addicted again at this stage - let her be comfortable. Not like she will live long enough to need rehab!"   The doc thought I was a bit brash, but the peeps in the waiting room that heard every word I said stood up and applauded.

Take some if it gets really bad. You're highly unlikely to get addicted from occasional use. Do they contain opioids?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Take some if it gets really bad. You're highly unlikely to get addicted from occasional use. Do they contain opioids?

I have Rx opioids but rarely touch them and stick to nsaids if I can.  We all went through training back when Gram got addicted, and one of the big points they harped on was not to rely on any sort of pills if you can aviod it as they can loose effectiveness if taken too frequently, requiring stronger stuff to achieve the same results, and makes abuse of the physically addictive stuff more likely.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I have Rx opioids but rarely touch them and stick to nsaids if I can.  We all went through training back when Gram got addicted, and one of the big points they harped on was not to rely on any sort of pills if you can aviod it as they can loose effectiveness if taken too frequently, requiring stronger stuff to achieve the same results, and makes abuse of the physically addictive stuff more likely.

I take ibuprofen for my headaches, sometimes combined with paracetamol with caffein if it's really bad. They still work fine on me, especially that combo. Don't take them very often. Only time I've ever used anything with opioids is when I've had a really bad cough, cause I break out in hives from the kind you get here that doesn't contain codeine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

need some food, another coffee and painkillers ... ugh

Sorry to hear you're feeling like shit, Bro. Get some chicken soup.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Sorry to hear you're feeling like shit, Bro. Get some chicken soup.

47 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

The A solution to every ailment. :heart: 

Bone in!

• Like 4

Just now, MacGreg said:

Hello, DiCsters. Stopping in for a sec to wish you all a good evening before I eat and collapse for the night. Work is rough this week, coworker on vacation. 

Stay warm. Be good. 

Rest well Mac

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, DiCsters. Stopping in for a sec to wish you all a good evening before I eat and collapse for the night. Work is rough this week, coworker on vacation. 

Stay warm. Be good. 

Sorry you're having a rough week. Rest when you can. :) 

I'm heading to bed. Night, DiC! :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Stay warm. Be good. 

sorry to hear it's a rough week Sir

take care, rest well

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Stay warm. Be good. 

Good night Mac. Take care...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Giving everyone a heads up... For the next three weeks, I won't be on GA. I need to focus on this class and GA is becoming a distraction. I will answer PMs, and those that have can send me an email too if ya want.

take care A

:hug:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Giving everyone a heads up... For the next three weeks, I won't be on GA. I need to focus on this class and GA is becoming a distraction. I will answer PMs, and those that have can send me an email too if ya want.

If you need help with the coursework, let me know. I might remember a thing or two. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..