The Drop in Centre

13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well that's the thing...we all are proud. But subs are to be humble, and obedient and so we work to be that way.  it's the ego thing that got to me other morning on that one thread... what are your fav. comments.  i joined in because i thought it would be nice to show the comment i remember most..which was very humbling frankly.  Yet, it turned into an ego fest..so i never returned to read more. 

Hm, yeah I get that. That did kind of happen. I personally couldn't think of any one comment, so I used my reply to thank some people who give thoughtful comments often. I too find these comments humbling, and good reviews especially. We write these things for ourselves, and we put them out there in case someone wants to read them. When people do and they like it, it makes me so grateful to be part of a community where we can have that kind of dialogue.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, c081huang said:

I'd rather think of it as like a hope or a prayer. If I'm not lazy I would usually type "Hope you have a nice day!" but most of the time it's just "Have a nice day!!".

I'm definitely struggling with this. I'm quite a proud person at times.. The regret always comes late.

An easy trap to fall into. Sometimes I don't even think it's actual pride. Sometimes you say shit and you realise a moment later that it sounded arrogant af even if that wasn't the way you meant it. At least that happens to me sometimes... Though often it really is pride, and pride can take many forms...

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning everyone...

The day started out rather bleak, but now the sky has cleared and it is sunny, so I’m thinking it will be a good day. I hope it will be that way for all of you. :) 

I’m going to finish my coffee, so I’ll see you laterz...

Morning, Reader! Hope you're right and your day becomes a good one. :) 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

A fun one today ....

wiseacre Audio pronunciation

noun | WYZE-ay-ker  

Definition

:
one who pretends to knowledge or cleverness; especially : smart aleck

Given the spelling and definition of wiseacre, you might guess that the word derives from the sense of wise meaning "insolent" or "fresh"—the sense that also gives us wise guy, wisecrack, and wisenheimer. But, in fact, wiseacre came to English by a different route: it is derived from the Middle Dutch wijssegger, meaning "soothsayer." Wiseacre first appeared in English way back in the 16th century, while the "insolent" sense of wise and the words formed from it are products of the 19th century. The etymologies of wiseacre and wise are not completely distinct, however; the ancestors of wiseacre are loosely tied to the same Old English root that gave us wise.

Good grief!  I thought it was a word my mother made up.  :/ 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

So this is happening near me today.

15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Holy crap Sir..

13 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Can we presume that you are safe?

13 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Keep your head down, Mac.  tim asked me if miss it, being a cop. Sometimes, but things like that I can live without. 

echoing what's been already said Sir

• Like 4

Holy smokes ... had a update earlier on ... opened Word just now and the layout is completely different.  Seriously Microsoft???   Now it say Good Afternoon!!   Why ?  Okay, I'll bitch some, but i can deal with it.  You could warn a guy... geez...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Holy smokes ... had a update earlier on ... opened Word just now and the layout is completely different.  Seriously Microsoft???   Now it say Good Afternoon!!   Why ?  Okay, I'll bitch some, but i can deal with it.  You could warn a guy... geez...

Hate it when that happens...

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That happened with Word on my tablet. Makes commenting during beta reading a pain in the butt. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

That happened with Word on my tablet. Makes commenting during beta reading a pain in the butt. 

Oh heck...i gotta look at that...

oh phew no change on the PC

Edited by Mikiesboy
bloody windows changes... urg
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Ah.. this reminded me of something...well really it's Steven Strait's mouth.  A few nights ago.. i was on the bus home and there was snow and ice everywhere. I have my cane and the driver opens the doors to let people off waaay before the bus stop. And i am so not wanting to walk up this crap-hole of a street. The driver, who is young and totally hot, with those lips.. omg.. turns to me and says, "You ... you don't get off yet. I'll drop up there."  I said thanks.. and we talked a bit. He was nice and i was instantly in lust....LOL. 

I was wondering how this story was going to end. For me, it was a giggle and a smile. For you, well, you explained it pretty well. I think I like this guy...

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..