The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i've written some poetry thats all.   there is nothing else..  i dont keep a list of things to read .. and i've been reading ..  i always read..  there are no answers. i know that.  i dont believe in muses and that stuff.

Sounds like you’re in wait and see what happens mode. Hopefully, something will spark your interest, though I’m not sure how that works for you since your projects usually involve a lot of research. 

As for the To Read  list, mine just seems to get longer and longer because I add things  that pique my interest - even if it is a minute pique - so my list is a bit out of control. I actually went through it recently, and found some of the links were broken because the story was no longer on GA. Oh well, they probably weren’t that important anyway. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Sounds like you’re in wait and see what happens mode. Hopefully, something will spark your interest, though I’m not sure how that works for you since your projects usually involve a lot of research. 

As for the To Read  list, mine just seems to get longer and longer because I add things  that pique my interest - even if it is a minute pique - so my list is a bit out of control. I actually went through it recently, and found some of the links were broken because the story was no longer on GA. Oh well, they probably weren’t that important anyway. 

that sounds like some list

• Like 2

Good morning everyone.

9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

big day tomorrow, must be up early so i'm off to bed

hope everyone has a good night

i'll check in as i can tomorrow

goodnight all

Wishing the young one a fantastic day at the competition. 

• Like 4

cap-a-pie Audio pronunciation

adverb | kap-uh-PEE  

Definition

:
from head to foot

Think of a medieval knight riding off to battle completely encased (from head to foot, as it were) in armor. Knights thus outfitted were said to be "armed cap-a-pie." The term cap-a-pie (or cap-à-pie), which has been used in English since at least the 16th century, descends from the Middle French phrase de cap a pé, meaning "from head to foot." Nowadays, it is generally extended to more figurative armor, as in "armed cap-a-pie against criticism." Cap-a-pie has also been credited with parenting another English phrase. Some people think the expression "apple-pie order," meaning "perfect order," may have originated as a corruption of "cap-a-pie order." The evidence for that theory is far from orderly, however, and it must be regarded as speculative.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning everyone. I wish you all a great day... :) 

Same to you, Reader.

I'm just getting started with coffee.  Gonna have to shower and find food soon.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hey there DiC Sirs and family

checking in from a steamy, humid high school gym near Houston

prelims are moving along, they'll end abou 4:15 CST we'll know then if we made finals

see y'all later

Hang in there, molls. And, as always, best of luck to your son and his band.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hey there DiC Sirs and family

checking in from a steamy, humid high school gym near Houston

prelims are moving along, they'll end abou 4:15 CST we'll know then if we made finals

see y'all later

keep cool honey.. all the best to the group!! 

• Like 3

sean's cat follows me around the house. She's like a dog - wants to be where the humans are, always curious about what's going on. Even when I'm on the john, she curls up on the bathmat and waits. Strange little furry creature.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

sean's cat follows me around the house. She's like a dog - wants to be where the humans are, always curious about what's going on. Even when I'm on the john, she curls up on the bathmat and waits. Strange little furry creature.

she sounds kinda cool. animals are interesting beings ... they are not 'just a' anything and deserve more respect as fellow life forms.   ... i miss having a dog ... maybe i should talk to Michael about it

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

6cdbe5e7d12ce128fa57bb49721137a7.jpg

Your face when:

Beta Reading @Mikiesboy Changes, Again, Chapter 14, and you realize it's made your day a little brighter.

glad you liked that one.. and i'm glad you're doing a bit better my friend xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

glad you liked that one.. and i'm glad you're doing a bit better my friend xoxo

Lot's of goodness in this chapter. I think I've left a shyte-ton of comments, of just how much different parts are making me Fanboy Squee.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Lot's of goodness in this chapter. I think I've left a shyte-ton of comments, of just how much different parts are making me Fanboy Squee.

oh my ..lol  ... people saying they hope it goes on for a long time .. i think they will kill me when it ends.

• Love 3
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

oh my ..lol  ... people saying they hope it goes on for a long time .. i think they will kill me when it ends.

Yeah, I can see where people would. LOL.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Don't worry about that. They'll go back and re-read from the beginning to get their fix.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

It could easily be a never ending story .. but i did talk to AC about a possible third book. But i didn't think it was a smart move and  he said, "Please don't." not because the stories aren't good, but because less is more.  These two stories are meaningful and more would take away from that i think.  It's time to let them go.

I agree. you wanted to tell the story of a particular point in time in their lives, not their entire lives.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..