The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Huh. This has to be one of those cultural references, cause I've been staring at this for like a minute and I have no idea what any of it means, lol!

Gumby is a claymation character

The 7th inning stretch is a baseball tradition and many teams have their own traditions

on my phone pardon the brevity

• Love 3

10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

decoct Audio pronunciation

verb | dih-KAHKT  

Definition  

:
to extract the flavor of by boiling

:

@Mikiesboy i have been thinking about this today

is this the opposite of CONCOCT?

(my brain's been off on tangents all day)

and with that i'll see y'all later time to leave

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

That makes a lot of sense, I think, molly.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

It's not opposite, but it is related....

Decoct boils down to a simple Latin origin: the word decoquere, from de-, meaning "down" or "away," and coquere, meaning "to cook" or "to ripen." Decoct itself is somewhat rare. Its related noun decoction, which refers to either an extract obtained by decocting or the act or process of decocting, is slightly more common but still much less recognizable than some other members of the coquere family, among gastronomical words like biscuit, biscotti, cook, and kitchen. Other coquere descendants include concoct ("to prepare by combining raw materials" or "to devise or fabricate"), concoction ("something concocted"), and precocious ("exceptionally early in development or occurrence" or "exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age").

• Love 4

Reading this after a long afternoon cooking... slow cooking pork, pecan torte... I think I concocted the torte filling, but decocted the citrus sauce for the pork...

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Reading this after a long afternoon cooking... slow cooking pork, pecan torte... I think I concocted the torte filling, but decocted the citrus sauce for the pork...

Yum! That all sounds so tasty!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's not opposite, but it is related....

Decoct boils down to a simple Latin origin: the word decoquere, from de-, meaning "down" or "away," and coquere, meaning "to cook" or "to ripen." Decoct itself is somewhat rare. Its related noun decoction, which refers to either an extract obtained by decocting or the act or process of decocting, is slightly more common but still much less recognizable than some other members of the coquere family, among gastronomical words like biscuit, biscotti, cook, and kitchen. Other coquere descendants include concoct ("to prepare by combining raw materials" or "to devise or fabricate"), concoction ("something concocted"), and precocious ("exceptionally early in development or occurrence" or "exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age").

thanks @Mikiesboy:hug:

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Joke Time:

What is Gumby's favorite part of a baseball game?

Reveal hidden contents

The 7th inning stretch.

Thanks a bunch, A, now I’m Gumby obsessed... :P    Big part of my childhood this was. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

"Word are hard."

A genuine mistake while I was writing to @Thorn Wilde about how difficult it is to write.  *sigh*

Well, you proved your point, didn’t you? I’d say that’s one for the win column. :yes: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Morning, DiC! :hug: I woke up with a killer headache, but painkillers have been consumed, and I do not intend to let it ruin my day!

Have a good day, all!

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..