The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

51 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, if you move out here to the boondocks, you may here someone yell woohoo, if their windows are open.  Michael hates basketball, but he even watched the last two quarters. Hope you got some sleep ... my peace is being broken at 7:50am by a bloody lawn mower.  Lawns should be banned.. they must have a huge carbon foot print ... water them, cut them, dump fertilizer on them, make thousands of commercials about them ... oh and make sure yours is better than your neighbours .. insane.

i am going back to write now.

I can hear a mower as I type this, but was already awake.  One of the reasons I bought the house I did was because it has a very small yard.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well, if you move out here to the boondocks, you may here someone yell woohoo, if their windows are open.  Michael hates basketball, but he even watched the last two quarters. Hope you got some sleep ... my peace is being broken at 7:50am by a bloody lawn mower.  Lawns should be banned.. they must have a huge carbon foot print ... water them, cut them, dump fertilizer on them, make thousands of commercials about them ... oh and make sure yours is better than your neighbours .. insane.

I like it when people let their lawns grow wild. It's pretty. We have a lawn here. The landlords mow it maybe three times per summer or something. The bumblebees love the clover, the bunnies enjoy the dandelions, and there are wild strawberries down in the driveway. :) 

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I had visions of sleeping through my alarm - I changed it from music to beeps for that very reason - but oddly, I woke up at 5:41 a.m. and 7:38 (my goal was 8:30) so go figure. 

As for the lawn mower running so early - I’m sure they were breaking a noise ordinance bylaw - that just isn’t right. Now, I did not have coffee before my appt. so I must take my leave as my eyes are aching and watering begging for their caffeine fix. 

It’s a beautiful day, so I hope you and Mike get out there and enjoy it. It’s a good day for a walk... 

• Like 4

Hey, all! Hope you're well.

Paul wanted to get out of the house so we went out for Indian street food at a place called Holy Cow. My eyes are bigger than my stomach... I only managed about half of what I ordered, lol! Now back home. Have been working on a short story I may post today, if I find it polished enough.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Farmers Market conquered, beautiful cherry tomatoes, and rainbow carrots. Daughters knives for school sharpened. now off to Second Saturday Marketplace in the square.

i hope everyone has a good day 💛

Hope the rest of your day is a good one too!!

I had to do grocery shopping this morning too, but nothing as fun as a farmers market -- and I was missing one Item when I got home.  :(  I did, however, make a wonderful tasting lunch.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Hope the rest of your day is a good one too!!

I had to do grocery shopping this morning too, but nothing as fun as a farmers market -- and I was missing one Item when I got home.  :(  I did, however, make a wonderful tasting lunch.

thanks Fae!  i hate that, coming home to find you've forgotten or left something behind. Phil lets me order groceries online, i'll do that today & pick them up tomorrow.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36 

I’m not sure how this article came to be on my google search, but it is quite interesting if you’re interested in what parts of Toronto (specifically Yonge Street) looked like in the 1800s to early 1900s. So far, I haven’t come across (I don’t think) a building that is still standing today. Too bad, because some of the architecture has a lot of character. 

https://torontoguardian.com/2017/04/vintage-yonge-street/

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim seems to need to be bothered somewhat... he is a bit down .. I will go and keep him company in the kitchen.

The heart is for you keeping tim company. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36 

I’m not sure how this article came to be on my google search, but it is quite interesting if you’re interested in what parts of Toronto (specifically Yonge Street) looked like in the 1800s to early 1900s. So far, I haven’t come across (I don’t think) a building that is still standing today. Too bad, because some of the architecture has a lot of character. 

Those are wonderful... thanks for posting that, Reader. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

I have to mow my backyard and it's a pain because it's big, but it's by no means manicured, the back 1/3 is weeds that I mow down. Front yard has zero grass and low maintenance xeriscaping. 

hello Sir, xeriscaping is very big here in Central Texas

1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

I often mow my parents lawn when they are away. Dad is a 'lawn man'. If they will be away longer than two weeks, he leaves pages of lawn care instructions (which I ignore for the most part).  At least he doesn't leave a ruler and pair of scissors.  Perhaps, I'll try and convince them of your solution for the front lawn at least, Mac. However, I am sure that will only cause me to be removed from their will.   LOL.

hello Sir, many of the HOAs here (Homeowners Associations) don't allow the grass to grow too high, and many have been accused of checking on lush lawns with a ruler

55 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy @MichaelS36 

that was pretty cool Reader!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

ello Sir, many of the HOAs here (Homeowners Associations) don't allow the grass to grow too high, and many have been accused of checking on lush lawns with a ruler

They all have lawn disease.  To borrow tim's word...insane.  There are a few people who have tiny front yard that are full of only plants and flowers … lovely things. A much better idea than grass, IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

They all have lawn disease.  To borrow tim's word...insane.  There are a few people who have tiny front yard that are full of only plants and flowers … lovely things. A much better idea than grass, IMO. 

that idea is a much better one Sir, also better on the environment i'd imagine

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so, i've told y'll that i do puzzles while Phil watches TV, well this one tonight was a doozy!
i love van Gogh, but ARRGHHH :/
anybody have any other word or jigsaw type puzzle suggestions?

I use an app from Apple’s app store. I didn’t even think about websites. I looked at the site you’re using and except for the timer (I don’t find timers relaxing) it looks like a good one. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..