The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I don’t always purposely talk about the things that I do outside of school, but I’m feeling especially raw and emotional. This is helping me keep it together. I just got done reading the remembrance to the Pulse victims and Mac’s poetry update. 

I am right now sitting in a church in Greenwich Village, (NY’s gay Mecca), waiting for a meeting and training to begin for The Stonewall 50 WorldPride March. This year I will actually be in the crowd and not behind the scenes. 

It is especially poignant that this meeting fell on the anniversary of Pulse. Across the street, The Stonewall Inn is decked out in Pride flags and posters. People are honoring the victims, and it’s just so somber. (Also 98%of this crowd is LGBTQ+ and I see no flames or fire or brimstone)😝

I am glad that I’m here tonight though, because it matters. Whatever small thing you do in support of your friends, or family. It feels like solidarity in here, and @MacGreg there are more that 2 boys or girls trading kisses.(mostly in greeting, but still) And they’re not even around the corner ;) 

Oh, and hello everyone! 👋

:hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs and friends in the DiC,
it's been a busy start to the week so i think i'll start getting ready for bed
sleep well, see you tomorrow

Goodnight molly. And goodnight everyone...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

Safely home.. and thank you! 

Have a good night! xoxo

Good night Def and happy dreams, my friend. What a wonderful night you had. :hug: 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs and friends in the DiC,
it's been a busy start to the week so i think i'll start getting ready for bed
sleep well, see you tomorrow

Good night, molly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I don’t always purposely talk about the things that I do outside of school, but I’m feeling especially raw and emotional. This is helping me keep it together. I just got done reading the remembrance to the Pulse victims and Mac’s poetry update. 

I am right now sitting in a church in Greenwich Village, (NY’s gay Mecca), waiting for a meeting and training to begin for The Stonewall 50 WorldPride March. This year I will actually be in the crowd and not behind the scenes. 

It is especially poignant that this meeting fell on the anniversary of Pulse. Across the street, The Stonewall Inn is decked out in Pride flags and posters. People are honoring the victims, and it’s just so somber. (Also 98%of this crowd is LGBTQ+ and I see no flames or fire or brimstone)😝

I am glad that I’m here tonight though, because it matters. Whatever small thing you do in support of your friends, or family. It feels like solidarity in here, and @MacGreg there are more that 2 boys or girls trading kisses.(mostly in greeting, but still) And they’re not even around the corner ;) 

How wonderful that you’re participating! You’re right. It matters. :hug: 

Morning, DiC! I’ve been to a job centre thingy... come autumn they’re gonna put me to work to find out how much I may be able to work in future. I was so anxious about it on my way there, I felt really sick. But it turned out okay. They’re gonna try and find me an internship or something somewhere sound related, or maybe something to do with writing if they can. So here’s hoping. I’ll be going back in August to see what’s what and get me started. So here’s hoping they can help me get my shit together, lol!

Have a great day, all! 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

• Site Moderator
7 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC! I’ve been to a job centre thingy... come autumn they’re gonna put me to work to find out how much I may be able to work in future. I was so anxious about it on my way there, I felt really sick. But it turned out okay. They’re gonna try and find me an internship or something somewhere sound related, or maybe something to do with writing if they can. So here’s hoping. I’ll be going back in August to see what’s what and get me started. So here’s hoping they can help me get my shit together, lol!

Have a great day, all! 

:hug: 

Good luck, Thorn. 

Proud of you for sticking it out rather than giving in. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Have a great day, all! 

Your news makes me glad, Thorn. I will be thinking of you

• Like 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Your news makes me glad, Thorn. I will be thinking of you

Thanks. Whatever else happens, at least I'll get an idea of what I'm actually capable of, what I can and can't do, and then find out how to move forward from there.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I couldn't let myself think about it until after I got home from work last night. Was talking to a coworker this afternoon about it and started to get very emotional.  Joint pain & stress probably didn't help keep the emotions under control but hadn't really sunk in how much the anniversary bothered me until that conversation.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

I couldn't let myself think about it until after I got home from work last night. Was talking to a coworker this afternoon about it and started to get very emotional.  Joint pain & stress probably didn't help keep the emotions under control but hadn't really sunk in how much the anniversary bothered me until that conversation.

Sending you :hug: 

• Like 1

• Site Moderator

So, the Raptors won the championship. Yay? 

There are going to be a lot of broken car horns tomorrow....

Oh, and when they’ll stop so I can get some sleep is the million dollar question. *sigh* 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

So, the Raptors won the championship. Yay? 

There are going to be a lot of broken car horns tomorrow....

Oh, and when they’ll stop so I can get some sleep is the million dollar question. *sigh* 

woohoo!!

• Haha 3

• Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

woohoo!!

You wouldn’t be woohooing if there was bumper to bumper, horn honking, shrieking and  yelling going on outside your window. 🤨

Oh wait, you don’t work Fridays. I forgotted...

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

• Site Moderator

Oh yeah, just when it was getting quiet - sporadic car horn noise - some idiot decided setting off fireworks would be a great idea. At 2a.m.! 

I thinks that’s over, so going to bed. Finally...

• Wow 1

Morning, DiC! Just stopping in real quick. I'm heading off for a cabin trip to celebrate my friend Jen's 30th birthday, so probably won't be around until Sunday. Happy Friday and have a good weekend, everyone! ❤️ 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

You wouldn’t be woohooing if there was bumper to bumper, horn honking, shrieking and  yelling going on outside your window. 🤨

Oh wait, you don’t work Fridays. I forgotted...

:( i am sorrys Reader ...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC! Just stopping in real quick. I'm heading off for a cabin trip to celebrate my friend Jen's 30th birthday, so probably won't be around until Sunday. Happy Friday and have a good weekend, everyone! ❤️ 

Have a good time!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thanks. Whatever else happens, at least I'll get an idea of what I'm actually capable of, what I can and can't do, and then find out how to move forward from there.

you are capable of a lot ... try to stop the negative ... you will find something you can do ... and the rest... meh, not important.  dont be afraid, you can do this.. and people only want to help you.  grab on and go and live.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you are capable of a lot ... try to stop the negative ... you will find something you can do ... and the rest... meh, not important.  dont be afraid, you can do this.. and people only want to help you.  grab on and go and live.

I appreciate that. Thank you. ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..