The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 hours ago, Brayon said:

and has made me pissed off that some of this stuff was never taught in High School.

If they taught all this stuff in high school there would be no need for universities.

• Like 4

Morning, DiC! :) Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

If they taught all this stuff in high school there would be no need for universities.

I dunno. You can teach Social Studies that gives a good, basic understanding of how a system works, and you'll still have stuff to learn. Social Studies in school is pretty good and in depth over here (teaching about different systems of government, political ideologies, party politics, etc.), but that doesn't mean my ex didn't learn a bunch when he did his bachelor in Political Science.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

29 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Morning DiC I hope everyone has a great Saturday 

Good morning!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, rickproehl said:

Morning to you as well. 

:)  part way through a coffee  .. and i just finish an Elegy which i sent to my editor  to look at ... and now i  continue working on The Searcher.. editing..  i am waiting for my Husband to arise.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I dunno. You can teach Social Studies that gives a good, basic understanding of how a system works, and you'll still have stuff to learn. Social Studies in school is pretty good and in depth over here (teaching about different systems of government, political ideologies, party politics, etc.), but that doesn't mean my ex didn't learn a bunch when he did his bachelor in Political Science.

Key word here is ALL.  There is way too much to cram into a little kids mind in regular schooling to cover it all,  going to uni you pick and choose what areas you want to go into in depth.

• Like 2

Just now, MacGreg said:

Well aren't you an adorable pup. 

lol, Sir ... i wish i was that cute...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Kitt said:

Well don't just sit there - give him a hand.  Or other body part!

(Did I just say that out loud? Bad Kitt!)

LOL KITT!!  heehee

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Morning, tim, and everyone. It's going to be a grand day. It's going to be a grand day. It's going to be... 

Morning, Mac! I'm sure it will be. :) 

• Like 3

Just now, MacGreg said:

Morning, tim, and everyone. It's going to be a grand day. It's going to be a grand day. It's going to be... 

It will be, Sir!   Weather aside, people will come, and they will enjoy being together. The weather You cannot control and i hope it stays nice, but if it doesn't ... people will join in to rescue everything and move inside.  It will be a wonderful party!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Michael is up and we need to go out for a bit. i need to dress while He nibbles some food.  its 9:30 am and already over 90... heat warnings out there... it should be gone tomorrow... yay.

see you all a bit later

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael is up and we need to go out for a bit. i need to dress while He nibbles some food.  its 9:30 am and already over 90... heat warnings out there... it should be gone tomorrow... yay.

see you all a bit later

West Central Florida right now at 10:30 am: 84F with a feels like of 91F. It's also like breathing water out there.

Good Morning, my fellow DiCers.

Visited Mom - ✔
Fitness Center - ✔
Grocery Run - ✔
Making Sure Assignment is where I want - ✔

Guess all I need to do now, is get ready to catch my Uber to St. Pete.

Edited by Brayon
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

I’m leaving as well I’m off to work. Everyone have a Great Weekend and I will talk to everyone later.

Have a great day, Rick. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..