The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Brayon said:

For the vast majority of this week, I'll be Away From Keyboard (AFK). Week 2 of my Sociology class starts today, and I got my final grade for my American Government and History course. Passed with a 95.8%.

Wow, that's awesome! Well done! And good luck with your Sociology class. :) 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Brayon said:

For the vast majority of this week, I'll be Away From Keyboard (AFK). Week 2 of my Sociology class starts today, and I got my final grade for my American Government and History course. Passed with a 95.8%.

That’s excellent, A. Well done! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs, hello DiC
hope everyone had a good day

Hi molly. It was a scorcher today, but it’s cooling off now - supposed to rain all night after midnight. 

I hope your day was good as well. I need to do some dishes, so I’ll see you later. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

• Site Moderator

Good morning DiCers. After days of hot weather, it looks like it’s going to rain all day, which would be okay if it cools things off for the next few while, but nope, the Weather Network is still showing high temps with T-storms in the forecast Friday through Sunday. 

Oh well, what can you do, eh? 

Have a great day everyone... :) 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning DiCers. After days of hot weather, it looks like it’s going to rain all day, which would be okay if it cools things off for the next few while, but nope, the Weather Network is still showing high temps with T-storms in the forecast Friday through Sunday. 

With heat indices of 105* ( 41*c for you metric peeps), hose the horses and turn on fans.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

be safe in those storms Reader

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

With heat indices of 105* ( 41*c for you metric peeps), hose the horses and turn on fans.

we're in the same boat Kitt, heat index 108 F (42.2 C) i have shorts to change into for the drive home

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

be safe in those storms Reader

we're in the same boat Kitt, heat index 108 F (42.2 C) i have shorts to change into for the drive home

The storm never happened and the skies are sunny and clear. It’s back to being hot. 

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

Okay, so a couple of mornings ago, I was woken up at 5 a.m. by a beeping noise that only got louder the longer it went on. And, just so you know, said beeping noise level seemed that much louder due to it being so early in the morning.

Anyhoo, after a bit of brain-fogged scrambling, I managed to trace the beeping noise to the clock in my den - oops, hoping I didn’t wake the neighbours. It had been without batteries for quite a while, until the day before when I decided enough was enough and put new ones in making sure the ribbon guide was placed appropriately or else I’d never get that bottom one out. Pleased with my work, I put the clock back on the base of my lamp where it’s easily seen. 

Little did I know I activated the alarm function during the battery change process. Unfortunately, for me, I had no idea I’d done that - or how - so when the damned thing started beeping at indiscriminate times, all I could do to stop it was to rip the batteries out of it. Yep, I am so smart! :P 

Finally, today after carefully examining the clock, I found the alarm switch on the side of the clock. Yay me..or not.

Should have found the alarm button sooner, I’m thinking... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Finally, today after carefully examining the clock, I found the alarm switch on the side of the clock. Yay me..or not.

Should have found the alarm button sooner, I’m thinking... :rolleyes:

I would have thrown it against the wall 🙄 @Reader1810  that’s a heck of a way to wake up. I hope things are better now.?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

I would have thrown it against the wall 🙄 @Reader1810  that’s a heck of a way to wake up. I hope things are better now.?

Yes, better now. As for throwing it at the wall? That thought didn’t enter my mind - course, if I was more awake it might have. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Evening, all! Hope you're all well. 

Despite feeling not great today either I went for a run and now I feel much better. So yay! Exercise helps, apparently. Who'd have thought? :rolleyes:

Sometimes it helps to get the blood flowing and the heart pumping to feel better.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Evening, all! Hope you're all well. 

Despite feeling not great today either I went for a run and now I feel much better. So yay! Exercise helps, apparently. Who'd have thought? :rolleyes:

Endorphins are good for you, or so ”they” say. 

• Like 4

Well, that was some storm. Still hear thunder rumbling overhead but no boom! 

Anyway, I have an idea for the prompts tickling my brain so I’m off to see how well it translates. 

Stay well, all of you. ‘night! 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..