The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

38 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

my wish for everyone is a great morning may your day be filled with peace and love. 

Have a good day, rick. 

• Like 3

Hey, everybody. I’ve been on the road for two days and am utterly destroyed, but I’m home now. And on the way, we picked up this little lady. Meet Curie!

spacer.png

I name my cats for scientists. Tesla is deeply sceptical of this new addition to the family, but I think she’ll learn to like her new sister in time. In truth, I think she’s been awfully lonely since her sister Lovelace died.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
42 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hey, everybody. I’ve been on the road for two days and am utterly destroyed, but I’m home now. And on the way, we picked up this little lady. Meet Curie!

She’s a cutie, Thorn. :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

She’s a cutie, Thorn. :D 

She is! ❤️ You can't really tell from the photo, but she has these magnificent honey brown eyes. I'm completely in love!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Sirs and friends 

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday.

Most of my day was just ok by brother has most of his restrictions removed so that is good for him. (glad he is getting better). 

Now what messed the day up was I went to do my workout at the gym. It wasn’t my normal time but I had the day off and wanted to get it done early. Today was arms and chest day. So I was walking into the gym and a bunch of guys were walking in behind me and one of them said “look at the walking in here” pointing at me. I heard it and turned around and look at them and they all look away. I was trying not to give them the satisfaction of seeing me upset so I walked in head held high. The “old” me would have turned and ran out the door and not looked back. The “new” me went into the changing room and mediated for a few minutes. I then walked out into the gym determined to finish my workout.

Yes it bother me big time but this is and always will be about me getting better. 

This was weighing on my mind and I knew it would bother me all night. 

I needed to share this with the Sirs and my friends in DiC. 

I know everyone of us are struggling with something in life. This struggle will be hard at times but win this battle and the real you will emerge. 

So as this evening comes to an end my wish for everyone is a great night and a better Tuesday. 

Thank you Sirs and friends for all you do for me.

• Wow 4

Today the struggle was real.  I was out sick Friday so I had so much paperwork to catch up 

Then I had a resident have paranoid delusions, become agressive with their neighbors and ended up punching me twice and me having to call the squad where the resident (being convinced they were a cop and I was a murderer) then attempted to punch and bite the officers responding before the resident  was then sent to the hospital.

My work is rarely boring 

• Wow 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

Most of my day was just ok by brother has most of his restrictions removed so that is good for him. (glad he is getting better). 

Now what messed the day up was I went to do my workout at the gym. It wasn’t my normal time but I had the day off and wanted to get it done early. Today was arms and chest day. So I was walking into the gym and a bunch of guys were walking in behind me and one of them said “look at the walking in here” pointing at me. I heard it and turned around and look at them and they all look away. I was trying not to give them the satisfaction of seeing me upset so I walked in head held high. The “old” me would have turned and ran out the door and not looked back. The “new” me went into the changing room and mediated for a few minutes. I then walked out into the gym determined to finish my workout.

Yes it bother me big time but this is and always will be about me getting better. 

I know everyone of us are struggling with something in life. This struggle will be hard at times but win this battle and the real you will emerge. 

So as this evening comes to an end my wish for everyone is a great night and a better Tuesday. 

Those dudes were being douches for sure.  It's a small man who makes fun of others. I'm glad you persevered and kept on your normal routine.   Ohio strength to you!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

I am sorry you had to go through that. I am proud that you held it together. You were brave and went on to finish your work out and that you meditated about it, to try and center yourself.  I tire of this need people have to shame and hurt others over their bodies, or faces or hair or skin colour, accent .. whatever it is. 

Be proud of who you are, rick. Be proud you walked in there and did your thing. Do not let these pricks hurt you. Do not. 

You did great.  Dwell on the positive... goodnight. 

Edited by MichaelS36
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Today the struggle was real.  I was out sick Friday so I had so much paperwork to catch up 

Then I had a resident have paranoid delusions, become agressive with their neighbors and ended up punching me twice and me having to call the squad where the resident (being convinced they were a cop and I was a murderer) then attempted to punch and bite the officers responding before the resident  was then sent to the hospital.

My work is rarely boring 

I hope you are okay, Starry. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Be proud of who you are, rick. Be proud you walked in there and did your thing. Do not let these pricks hurt you. Do not. 

You did great.  Dwell on the positive... goodnight. 

Michael Sir

Thanks for this Sir. I’m looking at the positive 

my wish for you is also a good night.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:
17 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

My work is rarely boring 

Starrynight you take care of yourself and Ohio strength to you as well.

take care of yourself - 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Good morning, DiC! I went to bed early last night and got up pretty early today. Curie slept in my bed last night. Now she's exploring. There's a lot of hissing and growling going on when she and Tesla meet, but I guess they'll get used to each other eventually. I'm hoping Tesla will take Curie under her wing eventually and they'll become friends.

5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

And this is why I don't want to go to the gym... Well, it used to be why I didn't want to go to the gym. Now I don't want to go to the gym because of the whole changing room issue. Glad you didn't let them get to you. Those guys were assholes.

5 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm fine, but thank you for thinking of my well-being. Just bruised.

Better me than the other elderly residents. 

Glad you're okay, Starry! Sounds scary. It's no joke working with the severely mentally ill. Hope the patient is okay too.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

And this is why I don't want to go to the gym... Well, it used to be why I didn't want to go to the gym. Now I don't want to go to the gym because of the whole changing room issue. Glad you didn't let them get to you. Those guys were assholes.

Thorn 

usually the gym was really a good place everyone was really nice and friendly. To me now is I have a choice people will say and do a lot of things. They can be friendly or they can be hateful. Now my choice is do I listen or ignore? Run or hide? The “old” me would have listen and ran and hidden away full of self pity. The “new” says “screw them” it’s my life I’m working on getting to be a better person. I haven’t come this far to fail. I alone got myself into this  and I alone will get myself out of it. So yes I’m staying   Positive and the voice I listen to is mine. 

• Love 3

Sirs and good friends 

my wish for you this day is full of good things and fun surprises. 

I also want to thank you for all the words of encouragement you have given me. Some times it will take a smile or a kind word to turn a bad day or problem around. 

The GOOD times are fun and easy but you learn and become a better person with BAD or low times. So I’m taking this as a learning experience and the voice I’m going to listen to is mine. So if you can’t stand the real me a older gay / overweight / male that is your problem not mine. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim

thank you for this picture you sent just the right photo and this means so much.

Its what popped up in my email this morning...kismet

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..