The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Not bad. The heat and humidity seem to drain my energy faster the older I get. Yesterday I was running around on the motorcycle and after 15 minutes all I wanted was back in the AC.  Otherwise trying to stay out of trouble. Working on edits for a Christmas story and s l w l y writing something to kick off 2020. Trying different styles and subjects so unsure what type of reactions I'll get. I'm kinda happy with how Dolphin Delivery was received considering the subject matter. How the heck are you?

maybe a different site for your Dolphin story .. like writing.com  ... very family oriented, straight and gay population there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

Glad to hear things are going good for you. As for myself I’m like everyone trying to be a better person. Some days its easy and other days give us challenges but that is when you learn the most. I have not read Dolphin Delivery yet (yeah I missed that one). 

Read it, it's a nice story ... for kids but still ... most of us know some kids

• Love 5

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

maybe a different site for your Dolphin story .. like writing.com  ... very family oriented, straight and gay population there.

Be back in a bit, need to check the site out. LOL

• Like 4

Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

Be back in a bit, need to check the site out. LOL

it's a nice place ... not good for long stories for some reason ... but for things like this.. it would be good.

• Love 4

1 minute ago, dughlas said:

I'm well aware of your struggle. I wish you could value yourself as highly as mum does. In her heart you are priceless. Have been since she first heard mention of you.

Your mum is priceless herself.  i hope she's well.  today my struggle is humidity ... and scarred lungs ... so my physical issues play with my self-worth as well .. i will miss work again and i hate it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Your mum is priceless herself.  i hope she's well.  today my struggle is humidity ... and scarred lungs ... so my physical issues play with my self-worth as well .. i will miss work again and i hate it.

Mum is well. I expect to talk with her later this morning. We usually chat on the phone once a week. I'll give her your regards. She'll be pleased. I can relate to physical issues as you know. Sometimes I sink into a "woe is me" mindset ... I'm actually there at the moment, last few days were rough ... and need to remember my value is not in what I can do but in who I am.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

i think @Carlos Hazday writing some different things, like a kids story or two is great.  It's good for you to do other things, different things.  Stretch your creative self.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

.. well since i started taking Natural Calm.  It's a magnesium supplement and it has made huge changes for me. I'm more positive most of the time, 

I’m glad you found something that works for you. To many people, me included, would go after other Addictions to ease your pain. I guess what they say is we all have to love ourselves. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I'm glad things are better for you. There were times in the past when my heart ached for you.

Yeah they are ... my meds are right ... the Calm helps, still see the doc ... but slides into depression are not as fast, don't last as long.. it's better.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

I’m glad you found something that works for you. To many people, me included, would go after other Addictions to ease your pain. I guess what they say is we all have to love ourselves. 

it works for lots of people i know.  seems a lot of us don't get enough of it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'm kinda happy with how Dolphin Delivery was received considering the subject matter.

I posted a children's story on here once, too. Teddy. It was well received, too. I think people like seeing something different. Actually just got some illustrations I commissioned for it. Not sure what to do with them yet, but may see about trying to find an indie publisher for it or something. Or, failing that, self-publish, cause those illustrations deserve to be seen.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I posted a children's story on here once, too. Teddy. It was well received, too. I think people like seeing something different. Actually just got some illustrations I commissioned for it. Not sure what to do with them yet, but may see about trying to find an indie publisher for it or something. Or, failing that, self-publish, cause those illustrations deserve to be seen.

Might be one of the very few self-published things worth paying for.  Most of them are ... not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

I will check it out. 

It is a product of the USA .. but i buy it here:   https://naturalcalm.ca/faqs/  

Lots of info about it .. molly uses it too and gets it at her grocery store, i think.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Might be one of the very few self-published things worth paying for.  Most of them are ... not.

A lot of self-publishing services you don't actually pay for at all... I mean, unless you're ordering the books and distributing them yourself. Amazon KDP does physical books as well as Kindle. They just do paperbacks, though, so not an option for a picture book. I'd probably have to go Lulu which is more iffy but, eh. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..