The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

If you take it, just be aware of possibly experiencing high-intensity dreams.

Mac Sir - thanks for the heads up.

I hope you are having a good day?

Edited by rickproehl
Added thoughts
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

A lot of self-publishing services you don't actually pay for at all... I mean, unless you're ordering the books and distributing them yourself. Amazon KDP does physical books as well as Kindle. They just do paperbacks, though, so not an option for a picture book. I'd probably have to go Lulu which is more iffy but, eh. 

Didn't mean the services.. i meant the book. Most are written poorly, are dull.. and frankly crap.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

If you take it, just be aware of possibly experiencing high-intensity dreams.

Yes, Sir .. i remember You relating some of Yours ... a horror show some of them.  I had one very weird one. But mostly i don't remember my dreams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Mac Sir - thanks for the heads up. 

I bought trial packs ... and started with a very low amount.

• Like 4

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, Sir .. i remember You relating some of Yours ... a horror show some of them.  I had one very weird one. But mostly i don't remember my dreams.

My self I’m like you I never remember my dreams. 

I check the website and I have to order this so will have a few days to get ready. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Didn't mean the services.. i meant the book. Most are written poorly, are dull.. and frankly crap.

Well, I know a lot of highly talented writers who self-publish... Some definitely bring the average quality down by quite a bit, but... I don't think it's fair to judge everyone by that. It's hard to get published by mainstream publishers, especially writing queer fiction, and there are a lot of bogus indie publishers who make you pay for stuff.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

My self I’m like you I never remember my dreams. 

I check the website and I have to order this so will have a few days to get ready. 

Remember the site tim gave you is here in Canada.  … I'd recommend finding a local store or possibly Amazon.com or somewhere US based. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Well, I know a lot of highly talented writers who self-publish... Some definitely bring the average quality down by quite a bit, but... I don't think it's fair to judge everyone by that. It's hard to get published by mainstream publishers, especially writing queer fiction, and there are a lot of bogus indie publishers who make you pay for stuff.

I believe tim is aware, Thorn. he did not say all, he said most. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Um, geez.  I said most of it.. not all. I'm aware. Have a wonderful day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Remember the site tim gave you is here in Canada.  … I'd recommend finding a local store or possibly Amazon.com or somewhere US based. 

Michael Sir - good morning 

yes I switched it to the USA site and still noone local. Looking to order it. 

Edited by rickproehl
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MichaelS36 said:

I believe tim is aware, Thorn. he did not say all, he said most. 

My apologies. Being in the process of self-publishing a book myself, it's possible that I'm a little bit defensive. 

• Like 2

Yes... the dreams from the Natural Calm can get wild, intense, and vivid.

Walmart sells it here in FL, and was a couple of bucks cheaper than Amazon and NC's website.

Back to lurking.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

My apologies. Being in the process of self-publishing a book myself, it's possible that I'm a little bit defensive. 

I also believe he said, your book would be worth having. I know he's read a few self-published things he'd enjoyed. But more of it is … well let's just thank goodness trees were not killed in the process. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Sirs and friends I need to go. I’m working the local fair for the charity group I’m volunteering for. Trying to get out of my comfort zone. I have always been behind the scenes. For to long I have been ashamed of myself. Working on getting over this. 

I working on things taking steps to get better.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Yes... the dreams from the Natural Calm can get wild, intense, and vivid.

Walmart sells it here in FL, and was a couple of bucks cheaper than Amazon and NC's website.

Back to lurking.

Ok will check Walmart out thanks for the heads up

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends I need to go. I’m working the local fair for the charity group I’m volunteering for. Trying to get out of my comfort zone. I have always been behind the scenes. For to long I have been ashamed of myself. Working on getting over this. 

I working on things taking steps to get better.

Well done. Step out front. No one out there is perfect … no one. you do not need to hide. Have a great day, rick. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Well done. Step out front. No one out there is perfect … no one. you do not need to hide. Have a great day, rick. 

Michael Sir 

thank you for this and as I break down my obstacles.

I’m glad both you and Mac Sir are both there for all of us. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Ick! Chatting with my nephew and he noticed a spider crawling on my shoulder. That’s not happened before. 

Reveal hidden contents

It’s dead now... :D 

I'd recommend not sitting still quite so long, Reader.  

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..