The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

no it would have been malt , and this was years ago.. when she would have been a young girl.

My cousin had a Tom cat that loved pickled olives. I think we all - furry beasts included - are just unique and interesting in our own way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@mollyhousemouse

Here's my ignorance showing, Molly. Do Mexicans use plantains the way Central American and Caribbean people do? To stones and mariquitas require salt! Although I prefer using garlic salt on those. 

And fresh avocados when you eat them by the slice! Although lime (not lemon) juice or a light vinegar (rice) help highlight the flavor too.

It all about what we like though.

@Carlos Hazday
i've not seen plantains on the menus at the places we eat, nor have i seen His family use them, although there's a place here called Inka Chicken that has a great plantain side dish.
i prefer my margarita with no salt when it's on the rocks, and they serve the frozen ones with sugar instead of salt which i also don't like. i love avocados with a little salt and lime, some high quality chili powder is good too. 
a good deal of taste is what we grew up with, and what we are "brave enough" to try as we get older

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I think it's an illusion created by contrasting salt with the watermelon's sugar. Give it a try.

At low concentrations, it suppresses bitterness but increases sweet and sour notes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I've never salted watermelon, but I admit to being curious now.

Mac Sir

my family in Ohio loves it. Myself I don’t add

any additional salt to my food.

i hope you are having a great day.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

I’m finally home it was a success. We only cooked and wrapped 300 hot dogs. Breaded and fried 120 lbs of cod fish approx 1000 pieces. 

I have finally sat down to rest I need a another shower to get rid of the “fishy smell” off of me. I had every cat in the neighborhood become my new best friend as I walked into the house.

i hope everyone has had a great / productive day.

@MacGreg this was the first time my brother in law and I  have worked together since “our” talk and it was like nothing has changed in fact it brought us closer As friends.

So I will be back in a hour after another shower.

So - Hello How was was your day ? -

mine was fun but hard work. 

hello rick
sounds like a good day for you! it's wonderful that you have this volunteer work and the connection with your brother in law
for me, today was the day i go have my hair done. Phil likes it long, and i go have it trimmed and colored every 6 weeks to cover the grey 
i also had a nap, made the menu and ordered the groceries. so all in all a good day here too

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello rick
sounds like a good day for you! it's wonderful that you have this volunteer work and the connection with your brother in law
for me, today was the day i go have my hair done. Phil likes it long, and i go have it trimmed and colored every 6 weeks to cover the grey 
i also had a nap, made the menu and ordered the groceries. so all in all a good day here too

molly 

i have been trying to get out of my comfort zone. So the getting out in front in the volunteer group was one thing. I have always been close to my brother in law we do a lot of things together but until July I never told him I was Gay I did that and it went well. I had spoken with both Mac Sir and Michael Sir and for me the time was right. Since it went well with my brother in-law I came out at work. To me I’m at peace and not have to worry about hiding any more. In fact things are going great at work as well. 

molly it always a good time to get you self pampered with a beauty shop visit. You are lucky to have Phil in you life. 

Guys are lucky most guys look great with gray hair- for me the black and grey look is in.

molly glad you had a productive day now you have a great night.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly 

i have been trying to get out of my comfort zone. So the getting out in front in the volunteer group was one thing. I have always been close to my brother in law we do a lot of things together but until July I never told him I was Gay I did that and it went well. I had spoken with both Mac Sir and Michael Sir and for me the time was right. Since it went well with my brother in-law I came out at work. To me I’m at peace and not have to worry about hiding any more. In fact things are going great at work as well. 

it's wonderful that you have been able to have these conversations, and that it has brought you some peace. i am sorry that it didn't happen sooner for you.
Mac Sir and Michael Sir are good Men to have in your corner, happy for you that you found Them. i've found Them both to be open and willing to talk about most anything.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

my wish for everyone that they have a great night. I’m off to do some meditation so I can finally get some sleep. 

Hi - How was your day?

Have a great night, rick!  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Have a great night, rick!  

hello Sir
how was Your day?
have a good night 

16 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

my wish for everyone that they have a great night. I’m off to do some meditation so I can finally get some sleep. 

Hi - How was your day?

good night rick
rest well

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2

Sirs and friends 

I have a quote to add tim message;

Wisdom comes with the ability to be still.

Just look and just listen.

No more is needed.

Being still, looking, and listening activates the non-conceptual intelligence within you.

Let stillness direct your words and actions.

Eckhart Tolle

• Like 3
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, rickproehl said:

To me I’m at peace and not have to worry about hiding any more. In fact things are going great at work as well.

Finally accepting yourself can be tremendously freeing - lifting a weight you might not realize you had been carrying.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Finally accepting yourself can be tremendously freeing - lifting a weight you might not realize you had been carrying.

Fae

Thank You - for me it has been a game changer- I was so careful in what I said or did not wanting to reveal my secret - but the moment I shared was wonderful. My world has open up and I finally had a few honest talks with people at work. The one I use all the time is when asked the question “when did you choice to be gay” with out missing a beat I ask “when did you decide to be straight” and with just that simple question I have changed some minds. Yes it does get better.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends

my wish is everyone have a joyous Sunday full of peace - love - and joy.

Hi - How is your day?

we are going across town (an hour plus drive) to see some friends new house & have lunch should be a nice afternoon

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we are going across town (an hour plus drive) to see some friends new house & have lunch should be a nice afternoon

that sounds like a good time  friends / food  / family time.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..