The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

18 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Sounds like a rough go Rick 

It was great here!

The grown kid actually played with his brother for a while and the food was amazing, I brined the turkey and I have never had a better turkey ever

the holiday for all the hick ups was actually pretty good. Yes we had to be creative i. Cooking but everything turned out pretty good.

glad to hear you and you children had a good time.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Was able to put the turkey in to oven, covered, on a low temp and keep it from drying out until he got here - about 70 minutes late (he would have been a few minutes earlier but got turned around in the neighborhood).  Had a nice dinner and a long chat. So, evening turned out ok.

Glad to hear you had a good meal and good conversation 

• Like 1

Excuse me good Sirs and DiC friends how has your day been? i had to work today so i wasn’t out in the mad Black Friday Rush but i was able to pre order a couple of things and then picked them up at the store. Which made it nice no hassle no crowds just walk in and pick it up. 
so sitting by fire and enjoying the quiet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me good Sirs and DiC friends how has your day been? i had to work today so i wasn’t out in the mad Black Friday Rush but i was able to pre order a couple of things and then picked them up at the store. Which made it nice no hassle no crowds just walk in and pick it up. 
so sitting by fire and enjoying the quiet.

hi rick was a pretty good day all in all
we just got back from "The Lighting of The Square." Hot chocolate, candy canes, lots of people and all the lights on the courthouse lit up!
next week, it's the Christmas Stroll

• Like 1

No black Friday for me.  Healthcare is always open.  I was lucky to have thanksgiving off. 

I'm not really feeling the urge to shop this year.*

And I love to shop.   Not meaning to sound condescending at all.  Its just this year I've finally brought my income up enough that I'm not choosing which bills to get paid over others and I find I just don't want stuff for the sake of buying.  I'd rather have meaningful time and memories. Meh.  I'm getting old and sentimental I guess. 

Edited by Starrynight22
Clarification
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

No black Friday for me.  Healthcare is always open.  I was lucky to have thanksgiving off.

I'm not really feeling the urge to shop this year.*

And I love to shop.   Not meaning to sound condescending at all.  Its just this year I've finally brought my income up enough that I'm not choosing which bills to get paid over others and I find I just don't want stuff for the sake of buying.  I'd rather have meaningful time and memories. Meh.  I'm getting old and sentimental I guess. 

No -- just practical.  I'd love to suggest that we stop giving each other gifts at Christmas (it's only 5 of us) as none of us are easy to shop for and the majority of time you end up with something you'd rather not have / wear / want; but I'd end up sounding like a Scrooge (which I will admit I partly am) so I don't.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

this year, in honor of my sister's stepson, we'll make a large donation to the lymphoma & leukemia society on behalf of the whole extended family instead of sending gift cards to the nieces & nephews

That is a wonderful idea, molly. Truly in the spirit of the season. 

• Love 5

3 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is around ... just going through a bad patch. New meds, hopefully there will some improvement for him soon. 

thank You for the update Sir
here's hoping the rough smooths out soon  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is around ... just going through a bad patch. New meds, hopefully there will some improvement for him soon. 

We’re all hoping for that as well, Mike. Hugs to you both. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hugs to him, and to you Mike. Thank you for taking care of him.

• Love 4

thank you for the update Michael Sir - we all wish things improve for tim and yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

this year, in honor of my sister's stepson, we'll make a large donation to the lymphoma & leukemia society on behalf of the whole extended family instead of sending gift cards to the nieces & nephews

molly sounds like a wonderful deed.

• Like 2

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning i hope you had a good Saturday and a great Sunday. I spent yesterday doing the “uncle day” i help out my sisters and take my nieces and nephews for the Saturday after thanksgiving and we do something special all day. That way the parents can do some shopping or other things that day. This year we did pizza and bowling they all loved it. Then we all had a sleep over watching holiday movies. So waiting on parents so enjoying the peace and quiet. 

So how is your day?

rick

• Like 2

the long holiday weekend was wonderful, but it's back to work tomorrow
so i'm off to get my things together to make the transition back into the world a little easier
i hope you all had a great weekend
good night, sleep well
i'll see you tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so i'm off to get my things together to make the transition back into the world a little easier
good night, sleep well
i'll see you tomorrow

Good night, molly.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night, sleep well
i'll see you tomorrow

good night molly have a good Monday 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..