The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning, i trust everyone had a restful night and they are looking forward to a productive day

morning rick

today should be another good one here. how are you doing? life settling down a bit?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning rick

today should be another good one here. how are you doing? life settling down a bit?

Morning molly - i hope your day is good. Yes things are getting better. Spent the day with Steve so yes i’m in a better place. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Got off work a bit early today - so already have supper for the evening in the oven. Glad for the next week and a half off.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Fae 

enjoy your time off. i hope you have a good supper. Take care of yourself.

• Like 2

@Reader1810, this just showed up in my Facebook feed and it reminded me of the brief Christmas movie chat we had the other day. :D 

spacer.png

I hope everyone is as well as they possibly can be. I’ve come down with a cold, so I’m crawling into bed now, in hopes that I’ll feel better in the morning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

@Reader1810, this just showed up in my Facebook feed and it reminded me of the brief Christmas movie chat we had the other day. :D 

spacer.png

I hope everyone is as well as they possibly can be. I’ve come down with a cold, so I’m crawling into bed now, in hopes that I’ll feel better in the morning. 

Cute. 🙂

Feel better, Thorn!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
56 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

spacer.png

This is spot on. :P 

Wishing you a restful night, Thorn. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

morning Sirs
morning friends
the cold and damp has seeped into my bones today, been a really slow start
but, today is "Hair Magic Day" (the young lady who does my hair laughs that i call it that :)  )
i'll also finish up Christmas shopping
hope everyone has a good morning

• Sad 5

Happy Sunday, everybody! I hope you're all well. My cold has mutated into a chesty cough, but at least I'm done with the most strenuous Christmas chores. Only need to get a few things tomorrow, and then only celebration remains. Yay! :) 

What plans have you all got for the holidays?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Happy Sunday, everybody! I hope you're all well. My cold has mutated into a chesty cough, but at least I'm done with the most strenuous Christmas chores. Only need to get a few things tomorrow, and then only celebration remains. Yay! :) 

I still have to wrap gifts (which I need to do today), then bake the chocolate-orange cake I'm wanting to make which should be delicious if it turns out correctly) then the "joy" of family for a day and a half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

I still have to wrap gifts (which I need to do today), then bake the chocolate-orange cake I'm wanting to make which should be delicious if it turns out correctly) then the "joy" of family for a day and a half.

Well, that cake sounds delicious, in any case! I love chocolate and orange together... ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

sorry that you are under the weather Thorn, hope you feel better fast

2 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

it'll be a nice quiet day, just the 5 of us. we'll have some cinnamon roll monkey bread with Mexican hot chocolate in the morning. a nice ham with mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and rolls for Christmas dinner.

what will you be doing?

2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

that cake sounds delicious Fae!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sorry that you are under the weather Thorn, hope you feel better fast

it'll be a nice quiet day, just the 5 of us. we'll have some cinnamon roll monkey bread with Mexican hot chocolate in the morning. a nice ham with mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and rolls for Christmas dinner.

what will you be doing?

Paul and I will be spending Christmas with my parents. I'll be going over there tomorrow to help decorate the tree. Christmas Eve we'll be having various kinds of lovely fish (pickled herring, cured and smoked salmon, lots of stuff), and Christmas Day we'll be having pork rib, which is traditional in Norway, but we'll be switching up the sides to add some Finnish stuff this year, because I wanted to show Paul all my favourite Christmas foods. And he's making mince pies. So all round fun Christmas, food-wise. 

Thank you for the well wishes. ❤️ 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
gah, typos!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Well, that cake sounds delicious, in any case! I love chocolate and orange together... ❤️ 

Ghirardelli has a "Blood Orange Sunset" dark chocolate bar -- which is what made me want to make a chocolate-orange cake. So I looked online and found this one. It looked too good to pass up.  Will have to substitute triple sec for orange flower water, as there are no specialty stores nearby that would have that and I didn't have time to order any.

I want to make a chocolate cherry gâteau using their "Cherry Tango" bar too, at some point. They also have a "Cabernet Matinee" bar that is my absolute favorite, but I don't find it around here anymore. It has a rich blackberry/grape flavor and an aroma that is to die for. Could always order a case of 12 direct from Ghiradelli I suppose.

Hm....   I'm hungry now.  lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Ghirardelli has a "Blood Orange Sunset" dark chocolate bar -- which is what made me want to make a chocolate-orange cake. So I looked online and found this one. It looked too good to pass up.  Will have to substitute triple sec for orange flower water, as there are no specialty stores nearby that would have that and I didn't have time to order any.

I want to make a chocolate cherry gâteau using their "Cherry Tango" bar too, at some point. They also have a "Cabernet Matinee" bar that is my absolute favorite, but I don't find it around here anymore. It has a rich blackberry/grape flavor and an aroma that is to die for. Could always order a case of 12 direct from Ghiradelli I suppose.

Hm....   I'm hungry now.  lol

Oooh... I may try to make this for New Year's... Unless one of our guests wants to bring a cake, since we're making the turkey (it's become common to eat turkey on New Year's Eve here, since it's not traditional for Christmas).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

Nada. 

This a good thing or a bad thing?

A friend of mine on Facebook wrote today that she'd been wanting to have Christmas all alone for years and was finally doing it, and found it very nice and relaxing. Sometimes, solitude is exactly what a person needs. Sometimes not.

Whatever the case may be, it's good to see you, Mac.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I sincerely wish everyone here in the DiC a very happy and peaceful holiday. 

And to You, Sir. i wish You a peaceful Holiday.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..