The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Thank you, Thorn. My 'nada' is because I have zero going on this holiday season, but I will spend it as your friend is - enjoying the peace and quiet.

I'm glad to hear it. Happy Holidays, Mac. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

i hope everyone is having a good day. i'm finding it hard to concentrate OR accomplish anything. most of my emails are receiving "Out Of Office" auto responses. on the plus side, i permanently deleted several hundred emails from my deleted items, sent items & draft emails folders 😏. maybe IT won't send me a nasty gram about how full my email is. :*)

• Like 4

We are going downtown to meet the boy for dinner and then we'll wander south to look at the lights for a bit.  We shouldn't be too late i shouldn't think. Tomorrow we will be home, we have a few things to do, but i hope we can watch a movie or something. I hope to get a bit more writing done.

Have a lovely afternoon and evening.

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We are going downtown to meet the boy for dinner and then we'll wander south to look at the lights for a bit.  We shouldn't be too late i shouldn't think. Tomorrow we will be home, we have a few things to do, but i hope we can watch a movie or something. I hope to get a bit more writing done.

have a good time!

• Like 1

My chocolate-orange Bundt cake is in the oven, and dinner is on the stove. So....   the fun parts of the holiday are over, and I just have to get through "the joy of family" all day tomorrow and Wed. through noon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Have a good time i love looking at the Christmas lights we have a couple of house close by that have gone all out with lights / music / effects. Not as bad a Griswold House but close

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My chocolate-orange Bundt cake is in the oven, and dinner is on the stove. So....   the fun parts of the holiday are over, and I just have to get through "the joy of family" all day tomorrow and Wed. through noon.

Sounds like a good cake Fae - have a good dinner and the family get together 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sounds like a good cake Fae - have a good dinner and the family get together 

Cake turned out pretty good.  I put the cooling rack on top of the bundt pan, then flipped them both over -- but I guess I was't holding them together tightly enough because they slipped and half the cake ended up off the cooling rack and on the [thankfully clean] counter.  So now, instead of a single round bundt cake we have four quarters.  Sampled some of the larger crumbs and it tastes pretty good.  Will taste even better with the frosting.  Used a spatula to move the pieces over to the carry tray and arranged them back into a circle the best they could be.  Not the prettiest, but still good.

As mom said, "It does look perfect -- just not perfect in the way you expected."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Good night Sirs

Good night friends

Rest well

Night molly and may you have a great day and a wonderful holiday with all of your family

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

I don't know how many of you will be around over the next two days, but I want to leave this so you all can find it next time you pop in.

Whether the holiday is a fun, festive, riotous affair for you and yours or a quiet, contemplative one, I sincerely hope it is exactly the way you wish it to be.

You have all become a part of my family. The miles between us do not matter, nore the fact we have never laid eyes upon each other, and in all probability never will. We care for each other, support our friends in the pleasant endeavors and the hard times.   

I just wanted you all to know I am thinking of each of you, and am thankful for each and every one of you.

Thank you, Kitt. Merry Christmas!

I think we all feel this way, all the time ... but at this time of year we are more likely to voice it.

I hope all of my DiC-a-dees have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.  We likely all have things we'd like to be different, but often we cannot change those. So, now is the time to look to each other, to hold each other in our hearts, because we are here together and that is something we can feel and know.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings to you all.

image.png.f01cc887404ccfc18e3a505571d7992d.png

• Love 4

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

I just wanted you all to know I am thinking of each of you, and am thankful for each and every one of you.

Kitt i hope you know how thankful you are to me And  i enjoy our friendship. 

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, now is the time to look to each other, to hold each other in our hearts, because we are here together and that is something we can feel and know.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings to you all.

tim, thank you my friend i also enjoy our friendship and your good stories. My wish is that both you and Michael Sir have a Wonderful Holiday.

tim, thank you for all that you do for everyone of us.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Good Morning Good Sirs and DiC Friends 

This is my Christmas Wish for everyone in DiC:

Each moment in a day has its own value. 
Morning brings HOPE, 
Afternoon brings FAITH. 
Evening brings LOVE, 
Night brings REST. 
Hope u will all of them every day. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS 

rick

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Merry Christmas all.  As the year draws to a close I reflect on how I grew and where I want to direct my growth next year.  

I'm glad to have you in my life, even if I seem more distant of late.  I appreciate you all and wish you a restful day tomorrow.   

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..