The Drop in Centre

So today the Bank said for people who work face to face with customers, or if they travel in to work in the Contact Centre, they will give them $50 a day more, back dated to March 8 and for the duration.

I won't get that, but i am glad people who do have to go in, will.

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

So today the Bank said for people who work face to face with customers, or if they travel in to work in the Contact Centre, they will give them $50 a day more, back dated to March 8 and for the duration.

I won't get that, but i am glad people who do have to go in, will.

I’m glad you don’t have to go in, tim. Breaks and lunch in your kitchen ( and a quick commute :D ) seems a much better option. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m glad you don’t have to go in, tim. Breaks and lunch in your kitchen ( and a quick commute :D ) seems a much better option. 

Especially since he and Mike are both high risk. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs
good night everyone

Good night molly...happy dreams 

I’m off to bed as well, and to the rest of you lot, the sweetest of happy dreams when your turn comes...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Just heard this on the news. 

It’s best to go shopping for groceries or the pharmacy early because the stores are getting a more thorough cleaning, so the earlier you go the more germ free etc. the stores going to be. I knew about the shortened hours but never connected that with a new cleaning protocol. 

Maybe some of you figured that out...

• Like 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just heard this on the news. 

It’s best to go shopping for groceries or the pharmacy early because the stores are getting a more thorough cleaning, so the earlier you go the more germ free etc. the stores going to be. I knew about the shortened hours but never connected that with a new cleaning protocol. 

Maybe some of you figured that out...

Well now that they announced it...it wont matter...it will be busier...

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well now that they announced it...it wont matter...it will be busier...

i have noticed people are now wearing rubber gloves when shopping. Myself i have a pair of gloves i wear. They look like mechanics gloves and no one knows the difference. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i have noticed people are now wearing rubber gloves when shopping. Myself i have a pair of gloves i wear. They look like mechanics gloves and no one knows the difference. 

My dad had a box of them for when he painted and/or varnished. Still have a bunch, so I can use them if need be. For the moment, we’re getting stuff delivered, because my mom is 86 and she, and by extension me, doesn’t want to go into stores. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

My dad had a box of them for when he painted and/or varnished. Still have a bunch, so I can use them if need be. For the moment, we’re getting stuff delivered, because my mom is 86 and she, and by extension me, doesn’t want to go into stores. 

we are trying to go out only during the early senior hours and when we go we ask if anyone needs anything. trying to keep social contact to a bare minimum. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

we are trying to go out only during the early senior hours and when we go we ask if anyone needs anything. trying to keep social contact to a bare minimum. 

Having a senior’s hour is great idea, but early in the morning for those who have slow starts due to heath issues (arthritis for my mom) isn’t so practical. Then again, the alternative is a busy store, so damned if you do, damned if you don’t. There’s no easy solution to this, is there? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Having a senior’s hour is great idea, but early in the morning for those who have slow starts due to heath issues (arthritis for my mom) isn’t so practical. Then again, the alternative is a busy store, so damned if you do, damned if you don’t. There’s no easy solution to this, is there? 

no there isn’t a good answer but some times you have to use your best judgment. so you plan your trips to make the best of your time. we are using the pick and shop feature from the local stores they get your order and then do curbside pick up for the first time. So we all need to stay safe and healthy. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

no there isn’t a good answer but some times you have to use your best judgment. so you plan your trips to make the best of your time. we are using the pick and shop feature from the local stores they get your order and then do curbside pick up for the first time. So we all need to stay safe and healthy. 

Talking about curb side, I had a flashback to my childhood when there used to be a roller type conveyor belt at the front of the grocery store. The groceries were put into plastic crates (or something like that) and they were pushed along the belt by the force of other crates until they were outside the store in the loading area. They actually had staff who put the crates in the car for you - a form of drive though. I wonder when that stopped? Hmm, no recollection of that at all. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

I've seen that a few times; and seen more people using the sanitizing wipes they've provided for ages to wipe down the shopping cart handle.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

In the Oklahoma City area, one of the first cases was a worker at an Amazon Distribution center so....   even ordering stuff isn't 100% "safe"

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

In the Oklahoma City area, one of the first cases was a worker at an Amazon Distribution center so....   even ordering stuff isn't 100% "safe"

I didn’t read the entire article, but it stated Amazon workers have tested positive for the virus. We are being careful dealing with the deliveries we're getting, but I told my mom there are times when I should probably pick things up rather than having them delivered.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I didn’t read the entire article, but it stated Amazon workers have tested positive for the virus. We are being careful dealing with the deliveries we're getting, but I told my mom there are times when I should probably pick things up rather than having them delivered.

i read somewhere that the Covid virus can live on cardboard for 12 hours. So who knows.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..