The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hey rick
good to hear that you are adjusting. our office has been using Microsoft Teams to do meetings and chats. in addition our manager reached out everyday to ask how we're doing and he set up a group in case anyone was needing something, we could all help out.
one thing i've noticed is i have a hard time with what day it is. all day yesterday i thought it was Thursday and i spent half the morning thinking it was Friday
it'll get better, not sure exactly when, but it will.
hang in there

we are using Slack / and our cell phones to talk between each other. i have tried to treat this like i was going to work getting up / getting dressed and treating it like i had to go to the office. So take care molly

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

we are using Slack / and our cell phones to talk between each other. i have tried to treat this like i was going to work getting up / getting dressed and treating it like i had to go to the office. So take care molly

That's one of the recommendations for remaining productive:  keep your normal schedule, dress like you would for the office, etc.  Still finding that it's harder to be productive in the late afternoon.

We've been using Trillion -- which is the same thing we use when we're at the University, as the 4 of us have 3 different offices on 2 different floors.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Most of you know i do not believe in God or religion, but there are good things to be find in the Bible. Maybe this will bring a little peace:

Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry ...

thanks for this tim
the situation changes rapidly, and sometimes it's hard not to worry
but that does no good
we're taking it a day at a time, making sure we're doing what we need to do to stay healthy, and safe

Spoiler

although, with all 5 of us and the 2 dogs home all the time, we're learning that our house is smaller than we thought it was  :huh:

good night Sirs, good night everyone,
didn't realize how late it was  :(
i'm off to bed 
rest well

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

tim once told me to write bravely, and Mike once told me to write something outside my comfort zone. Well, I'm about to step so far outside my comfort zone, it could be nightmare inducing.

So, anyone know something about Kimbaku-bi?

EDIT: So my knowledge of it is limited to Wikipedia.

Edited by Brayon
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
8 hours ago, Brayon said:

tim once told me to write bravely, and Mike once told me to write something outside my comfort zone. Well, I'm about to step so far outside my comfort zone, it could be nightmare inducing.

do you mean kinbaku-bi?  Japanese bondage?  Yes, i know of it ... seen demos.

Lyssa knows more than i .. not sure if she practices it herself or just knows people who do. It can be very beautiful.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Brayon said:

Yes, that's it. Me and my damn typos.

Why?  it's a beautiful art form within the BDSM world certainly. Others, i suppose could see it also. Usually they don't.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

do you mean kinbaku-bi?  Japanese bondage?  Yes, i know of it ... seen demos.

Lyssa knows more than i .. not sure if she practices it herself or just knows people who do. It can be very beautiful.

Didn’t know what it was, so I was going to ask Mr. Google. I still may, but now I at lest know what it is. Thanks, tim.

@Brayon You write very well, so I’m sure your new venture will be well worth reading. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Brayon said:

It is a skill … an art form

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/200902833354194922/

not a horror show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Why?  it's a beautiful art form within the BDSM world certainly. Others, i suppose could see it also. Usually they don't.

I do think it looks visually appealing, the knot work, etc. Current story I'm writing, I'm planing on using it, and just need more information. Want to do it justice and not half-ass.

4 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

It is a skill … an art form

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/200902833354194922/

not a horror show. 

Thanks, Mike. Just looking for more info on it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I do think it looks visually appealing, the knot work, etc. Current story I'm writing, I'm planing on using it, and just need more information. Want to do it justice and not half-ass.

There's lots online about it...more than wiki...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Brayon said:

tim is correct, there is a lot online about it. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..