The Drop in Centre

23 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

A bit of cuteness to brighten your day...

According to a local news report this went on for about an hour. Do you think the hedgehog was deliberately teasing the dogs for being stuck inside while he was enjoying the great outdoors? 🤔

that was great! a much needed smile today, thanks

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

A bit of cuteness to brighten your day...

According to a local news report this went on for about an hour. Do you think the hedgehog was deliberately teasing the dogs for being stuck inside while he was enjoying the great outdoors? 🤔

just the cutest thing i have seen all day thanks reader

• Like 3

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

i wanted to check in and see how everyone’s Friday has been? mine was busy which was a good thing. 

waiting on chicken n noodles to finish cooking. we made enough for 4 meals so will freeze some.  

so how was your day? 

Good i Hope

Stay Safe

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i wanted to check in and see how everyone’s Friday has been? mine was busy which was a good thing. 

waiting on chicken n noodles to finish cooking. we made enough for 4 meals so will freeze some.  

so how was your day? 

Good i Hope

Stay Safe

Chicken n noodles sounds good, rick. As for me, I just got back from a walk and my right knee is aching something fierce. Good thing I have a nice supply of Voltaren cream on hand. Vegging now until dinner. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

It's been an entirely unproductive day for me today.  I'll blame it on the cold and dreary day.

it will happen ... and these days almost expected.. and that's okay.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The weather man is using the s word in the weather forecast for tonight into tomorrow. I feel it big time in my hamstring.

We decided we were going to order in for dinner tonight. Interesting phenomenon, every single Chinese food establishment close enough for it to still be hot on arrival has closed. These guys don't do sit-down meals oh, it's all take out. Weird

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

The weather man is using the s word in the weather forecast for tonight into tomorrow. I feel it big time in my hamstring.

We decided we were going to order in for dinner tonight. Interesting phenomenon, every single Chinese food establishment close enough for it to still be hot on arrival has closed. These guys don't do sit-down meals oh, it's all take out. Weird

yup, all the restaurants here are take or or delivery only
most with really long wait times as well

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

image.jpeg.75eda8ee0c31105c48ee63b38ede4ad0.jpeg

today, i was the bug
bourbon and coke, and a massage, help
good night

Sounds as if you been having more than your fair share of this lately, mollypop.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i needed to share this. i got a email from my company wanting to know if i wanted to take a Volunteer Furlough for 6 months. Not sure what to do. They are sending this letter to everyone over 62 with 15 years of experience. i like working and doing something. so this is a hard decision on my part. 

asking for some advice or insight wanting to make the right decision for me. 

Stay Safe

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i needed to share this. i got a email from my company wanting to know if i wanted to take a Volunteer Furlough for 6 months. Not sure what to do. They are sending this letter to everyone over 62 with 15 years of experience. i like working and doing something. so this is a hard decision on my part. 

asking for some advice or insight wanting to make the right decision for me. 

Stay Safe

I guess I'd want to know, what happens after the 6 months?  Also, what would you do with the time off?  Could you be happy during that time ... what would you do?

What happens if you say no thank you, I'd rather keep working?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I guess I'd want to know, what happens after the 6 months?  Also, what would you do with the time off?  Could you be happy during that time ... what would you do?

What happens if you say no thank you, I'd rather keep working?

all valid points tim

this is a valid concern i have if i say yes and i don’t get rehired would that hurt my unemployment. 

i could always find things to do around the house but i like staying busy to many times i have seen people retire and then are dead after 6 months. 
they say this is my option 

i have enough time in to retire completely with me being 67 so that is another option. 
so this is a big decision.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

all valid points tim

this is a valid concern i have if i say yes and i don’t get rehired would that hurt my unemployment. 

i could always find things to do around the house but i like staying busy to many times i have seen people retire and then are dead after 6 months. 

i have enough time in to retire completely with me being 67 so that is another option. 

rick, @Mikiesboy advice is good, and covers all the bases I think. Time to ponder the pros and cons of each choice. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

all valid points tim

Would they be interested in allowing you to retire and then keeping you on part time?  That might be a good option for you both.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Would they be interested in allowing you to retire and then keeping you on part time?  That might be a good option for you both.

this I’m not sure of but will ask on Monday. Yes i agree this would be a good option.

• Like 3

And about dying after 6 months ... that is other people not you necessarily ... you are always involved.. you could volunteer more often.

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator

So last night on my way up to bed, I noticed a spot on the carpet (the carpet is dark brown, and I hadn’t put my glasses on at that point). Anyhoo, thinking I’d spilled coffee there earlier, I bent down to touch the spot to check if it was still wet. To my surprise, the “spot” scuttled away and ran under the TV stand. That’s right the “spot” turned out to be a spider that I swear :o was the size of a quarter with its long legs.

Way to wake me up when it’s time for sleep. *sigh*

Needless to say, the spider is still somewhere out there...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..