Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Today its 77F/25C Where in the 7 hells is my share of the snow and rain :huh:

Sorry to hear that, Bertie.   :hug:  You guys need the snow for the ski season, if I remember correctly?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

10 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I do know a thing or two about orchids :yes:

9 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Don't over water them or they will die :no::thumbdown:

Here's my problem: mom bought me a mini 2 branches orchid about 3 months ago. It was doing well so far until I came back Monday when I found one of the brand has turned yellowish/brownish and all the flowers of this branch are dry. I'm being very careful with watering, only putting it in a bit of water for a couple of minutes when the soil is all dry. Same thing with light, lot of light but not directly so it's on a shelf in the kitchen.

I'm afraid the damages were done next week when I was gone and had turn the heating down to 15°C thought there was still light.

Edited by clochette
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

We have the back door open and the windows as well sigh

Hot flush manopause? :gikkle:

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

The blooms don't last forever Clo you want to water once a week and get it good and wet and let it dry out till the next watering you can spary with water but you want it to be dry by the 

end of the day :yes:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Sorry to hear that, Bertie.   :hug:  You guys need the snow for the ski season, if I remember correctly?

And for water next Spring and Summer.

• Love 4

Just now, Albert1434 said:

The blooms don't last forever Clo you want to water once a week and get it good and wet and let it dry out till the next watering you can spary with water but you want it to be dry by the 

end of the day :yes:

So so far I seems to do good with the watering. What's bothering me is that only 1 of the branch seems to be dying... The other looks good and green with perfect flowers

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..