Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator
37 minutes ago, Marty said:

Here's a recipe for sausage rolls:

https://www.seasonsandsuppers.ca/easy-homemade-sausage-rolls/

It's a Canadian website, which makes me think maybe the sausage roll is known there, at least.

Sausage rolls can be eaten hot or cold, but too my mind they are best eaten hot.

My mum used to serve up hot sausage rolls and cold pork pies (is that another delicacy only found in the  British Isles, I wonder?) whenever any of us would visit her on a Saturday afternoon. Another favourite of hers was various types of cheese flan (basically what is now known as "quiche")

Oh those look so good!  I've had the small appetizer version, but not a dinner-sized portion.  I would imagine you could find pork pies in a British pub here, but they're not a common thing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Site Administrator
39 minutes ago, Marty said:

It's a Canadian website, which makes me think maybe the sausage roll is known there, at least.

Sausage rolls can be eaten hot or cold, but too my mind they are best eaten hot.

My mum used to serve up hot sausage rolls and cold pork pies (is that another delicacy only found in the  British Isles, I wonder?) whenever any of us would visit her on a Saturday afternoon. Another favourite of hers was various types of cheese flan (basically what is now known as "quiche")

One of my favorite meals when I was a kid was beef roast with Yorkshire pudding :) 

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Marty said:

He has another YouTube video of him trying to find one in Ibiza as well that I've not actually watched yet, but makes me wonder if the sausage roll is maybe a delicacy that's only found in Britain (and Ireland). :unsure2:

The closest I've seen is a hot dog wrapped in a pretzel twist.   :yes:

Hey, Marty.   :hug:

1 hour ago, clochette said:

Hey Sexy Lumberjack, don't worry I'm not about to leave home or even the bed with such a stallion ;)

Hey, Clo.   :hug:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Marty said:

We have them here. A good homemade sausage roll is hard to beat. Never had one cold. 

My grandmother’s sausage rolls with a dash of tomato sauce - just awesome.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Isn’t that a real sausage wrapped up? Sausage rolls are made with the stuffing no skin

Yes, it's a whole sausage, still in the casing.  I'd rather have them made your way, though. Some brands use sausage casings that are like leather.   :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

In Oz, a pig in blanket is a sausage wrapped in bacon. Yum

I have a recipe for hot dogs stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. So good!   :wub:

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..