Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

17 hours ago, Headstall said:

I just had a blizzard here. I went out to bring my mare in but she ran up to the gate, snorted at me, and trotted away. :rolleyes:  It's stopped now but the wind is wicked.

Guess that would an example of horse sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Headstall said:

I have one of those... it's pinkish white. :) 

You probably have a variety bred for home gardens. My dad planted some that are rose and a golden yellow. The white is the "wild" variety.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

The Tyson meat plant closed because all 2800 works all have the Virus. This plant is in Iowa and you can bet on less supply and higher prices:yes::blink:

Are you certain that all 2800 tested positive. I hadn't heard the count was that extreme. I used to work for Tyson in the poultry divison and my wife is the plant manager for a Tyson facility in Portland, ME.

Between the Smithfield plant in SD and this one the process 8-10% of the pork processed in the US. However, some of that would have been exported. Under the current conditions very little if any is being exported.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Mine hasn't spread at all, probably because of the shade, and the fact I mow completely around it. I'll keep my eyes open because I wouldn't mind a shoot or two to plant elsewhere... like along the back fence where it could spread to its heart's content. :) 

I think you have the "domesticated" type. They tend to be more shrub-like in their growth. Dad's grew very slowly, less than a foot in three or four years.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

From an article on CNN:

The plant, located in Waterloo, Iowa, had already slowed production because many of its 2,800 workers had been calling out sick. The Black Hawk County health department linked the Tyson plant to 182 of the county's 374 Covid-19 cases. Last week, Waterloo Mayor Quentin Hart called for the Tyson facility to be shut down.

Thanks, that's the same info I heard.

• Like 5

Sorry about that this what they must have said

More than 180 infections had been linked to the plant earlier this week and officials expect that number to dramatically rise. The company said that mass testing of its 2,800 workers would begin later this week.

But I am will to bet its close to that since they work close together

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..