Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

8 minutes ago, clochette said:

Nope! I'm young, I'm not even 30! Anyway I'm like Peter Pan, I'll never grow old, Old Man :P

Oh oh... confusion is already setting in. You're Tinkerbell, not Peter Pan. :rolleyes:  :P 

• Haha 5
11 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Years ago I've grew potatoes from the peels after paring potatoes for dinner. I used to add them to a small compost pile. Next thing I knew I had potato vines. I harvested them as small "new" potatoes and got about two pound.

Normally I would buy a pound of seed potatoes but I've also planted those from the bin that had sprouted. I prefer to grow my potatoes under a mulch layer of straw, leaf and grass clippings rather than in hills. It takes a bit more space but it's easy to lift the edge of the mulch to gather a few small potatoes from time to time. Since the reason I grew potatoes was to have those small potatoes it was the best solution for me. Storage potatoes are plentiful and relatively cheap wher I live so I didn't need a large harvest of keepers.

Hmm Potatoes don't grow on vines Image result for picture of potato plant Sweet potatoes do Image result for Sweet Potato Plant

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Having grown both types I know that but where I grew up potato plants were often referred to as vines. Particularly when grown under mulch as I did.

hmmm never knew that one:yes:

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..