Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I would love to meet Aod I love shopping on amazon:worship:

Hi Albert! :hug::kiss: I'm sure you two would get along.  He loves to tease also.  I miss Amazon, even though we have it here.  It is not as reliable as in the states, due to shipping and customs problems.  Books are no problem, but appliances are both difficult and expensive due to customs fees/taxes.  We do have two good online sites, however, Lazada and Shoppee.  Since they are Thai based shipping is fast and fees are minimal.  A Chinese firm, Aliexpress, used to be good, but is very unreliable due to covid.  

How are you and Steve?  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, clochette said:

Aren't you supposed to be sliding into spring/summer down there? 🤔

After an enjoyable month of September we're facing a week of light rain and temperatures around 15°C.

Oh and due to the general energetic/economic/environmental crisis the temperatures in the classrooms will be set for 19°C this winter 

I'd invest in some sweaters for back to school clothing.  When I was in the states, I could pick up cashmere sweaters after Christmas for 40-50 USD.  I still have two that I keep for the cold season here.  That's 3-4 weeks in Dec and Jan when the night time temps get down to 13 to 15 C.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, spike382 said:

You know what?  Call me crazy, but I totally feel like I've heard that before somewhere...

Hmm... 

👀

Hi Spike! :hug: Hope you are doing well.  What's happening with you lately?  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, spike382 said:

I'm reading multiple books/webnovels at the same time and I get caught with one and then fall behind with another.  I only just read Gary's new story today finally.  

I recently read a book called "Like Real People Do", by E.L. Massey. It's about a hockey player and an ice skater who start "dating" as friends, and then slowly burn their way into romance. I think someone mentioned it began as a spin-off of the graphic novel called "Check, Please!"

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

We're doing well, thanks. Max is happy to be back at school and ballet, and he's been reviewing some scenes from a DVD of Billy Elliot: The Musical. I think he's hoping that he might (hypothetically) take part in a production, but our local theater group is too small to support such a large undertaking. Could be worth looking into, but it would require knowledge of several other dance styles, not just ballet. And some acting classes, besides.

Big dreams are the beginning of great things.  I like the fact that Max doesn't limit his imagination.  I love ballet, but dancing has been a part of my life since my mom enrolled me in a modern dance class at age 11.  You might have seen this clip, but it is fun to watch and shows a different form of dancing in competition.  The first couple are a little more energetic, but the second is just as good.  What amazes me is that the guys seem to do a lot of the more athletic moves.

• Love 4

15 minutes ago, spike382 said:

Not much, just been working as usual, and trying to stay caught up with all sorts of reading that I'm doing.   That's why I'm not on here for days sometimes, I'm reading multiple books/webnovels at the same time and I get caught with one and then fall behind with another.  I only just read Gary's new story today finally.  

This last Saturday I made a brief appearance and then I was with some friends for the entire day watching the 2nd season of Stranger Things all the way through.  Even though I'd seen it before (seen all the seasons now) a lot of them hadn't seen it so we had a little watch party.  Was a long day though. :)

My reading habits are similar.  Last spring I was following 12 or 13 stories on GA and trying to keep caught up.  I've tried to cut down some, because I would put things off I should or wanted to do.  The watching party sounds like fun.  I have heard a lot about Stranger Things here, I may have to give in and watch some episodes.  Hope you have a good week.:hug:

• Love 5

18 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I recently read a book called "Like Real People Do", by E.L. Massey. It's about a hockey player and an ice skater who start "dating" as friends, and then slowly burn their way into romance. I think someone mentioned it began as a spin-off of the graphic novel called "Check, Please!"

I had to look up the book.  It sounds like something I would really like.  I love figure skating, but am a hockey fanatic.  I followed the Major Juniors, NHL and Olympics for over 3 decades before retiring to Thailand.  It is one of the things I miss most living here.  I'll have to see if I can find the book on Amazon.  Thanks for mentioning the book Page! :heart:

• Love 4

25 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

And here’s Pagey giving me something else to add to my list.

13 minutes ago, raven1 said:

My reading habits are similar.  Last spring I was following 12 or 13 stories on GA and trying to keep caught up.  I've tried to cut down some, because I would put things off I should or wanted to do.  The watching party sounds like fun.  I have heard a lot about Stranger Things here, I may have to give in and watch some episodes.  Hope you have a good week.:hug:

It’s a good sci-fi horror show, lots of call backs to various Stephen King, Amblin Entertainment, various horror movies from the 80s.  Of course chalk full of 80s nostalgia. The first season is probably the best, so it’s an easy sell.  Watch a few episodes and you might be hooked.

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..