Open Club  ·  137 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

6 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

And I love you all, except Clo is on my naughty list as she has snatched back the warmer weather. Cold and wet, all day rain :( it’s gross

I did plant some succulents and cacti in bonsai bowls, hopefully I will not kill these off.

Potted plants especially herbs have not done that well for me. Apparently you need to water them regularly especially during summer :rolleyes:

Hey, brother B. :hug:  It's a warm, sunny day here. Beautiful, with the leaves turned red, orange, and yellow amongst the green. :) 

• Love 4

5 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hey Bucket! :hug:I've got a ton of Cacti and aloe plant.  The aloe is huge and one of the cacti pops out babies from the sides.  I only water them once a week which I have been told is too much.  I also have some herbs growing in pots, but have had spotty success with those.  I've tried a least 20 different herbs and vegetables and only three were successful.  It sounds like we have about the same level of success when it comes to plants.  😊

Hey, Terry. :hug:  I have a poinsettia from last Christmas that is now all green, but beautiful. It sits in the middle of the island under the lights, and makes me happy. I feed it cold herbal tea. :) 

• Love 4

I guess B just send the karma my way back for boasting about the nice weather earlier... We just had a massive thunder storm with hail as big as glass beads kids play with! My car doesn't seem to have suffered any damages but it was scary! It sounded like bullets against my windows! 

Edited by clochette
  • Wow 4

14 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hi dugh! :hug: Are you out there lurking about? 😁

At the time you sent this I'd finished a 2 mile walk, picked up a couple lattes at Starbucks and was cooking my breakfast before heading to faire. So not really lurking.

• Love 5

43 minutes ago, dughlas said:

At the time you sent this I'd finished a 2 mile walk, picked up a couple lattes at Starbucks and was cooking my breakfast before heading to faire. So not really lurking.

Busy man. Hey, bro. :hug:  I worked on ceiling trim today. About ready to install the beams. :) 

• Love 5

11 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Terry. :hug:  I have a poinsettia from last Christmas that is now all green, but beautiful. It sits in the middle of the island under the lights, and makes me happy. I feed it cold herbal tea. :) 

Hi Gary! :hug: That's an amazing feat!  At least in the northern temperate zones.  I'm sure Albert will find poinsettia plants in Hawaii that grow to 4 meters.  The only plant I have successfully grown are orchids.  They are about as easy to grow as cacti, but keep them out of direct light.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Busy man. Hey, bro. :hug:  I worked on ceiling trim today. About ready to install the beams. :) 

Dang Gary but you make me feel so lazy!  

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

:yes: :devil:

Don't admit to anything, Bucket!  Just do like I do and blame it on bad seeds, poor soil and insects hitching a ride from the nursery where I bought the starts!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Hey dugh! :hug: I posted that because I saw your laugh emoji on a comment here, but then you disappeared.  😊 I need to start walking!  I have gained 3 kilos in the last few months.  Hope your day went well at the faire.

• Haha 5

Hey Clo!  :hug: Did you have a good weekend?  Go easy on Bucket.  Not everyone has..

black and white love GIF

to sprinkle on plants and make them grow.

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hey dugh! :hug: I posted that because I saw your laugh emoji on a comment here, but then you disappeared.  😊 I need to start walking!  I have gained 3 kilos in the last few months.  Hope your day went well at the faire.

I too need to walk more... so take me on your back for a walk? :gikkle:

But more than, I need to work on keeping a better sleep schedule. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays I don't have classes until 1pm so the night before I'm always staying up late and waking up just in time to go to class. But on Tuesdays and Fridays I start classes at 8am so I can't stay up as late as the other days. So I need a more regular sleep schedule and to study in the morning before classes instead of doing it until 4am like I just did... :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, clochette said:

I too need to walk more... so take me on your back for a walk? :gikkle:

But more than, I need to work on keeping a better sleep schedule. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays I don't have classes until 1pm so the night before I'm always staying up late and waking up just in time to go to class. But on Tuesdays and Fridays I start classes at 8am so I can't stay up as late as the other days. So I need a more regular sleep schedule and to study in the morning before classes instead of doing it until 4am like I just did... :unsure:

Sorry Clo but no back rides.  You'd jump on, and I would take a faceplant!  You got to be a female version of Aod.  He teases me by trying to jump on sometimes.  :yes: 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Everything I read says a regular schedule is so important. It’s a lot easier to recommend than to actually do it :rolleyes:

Being retired, I can still get a full night's sleep after being up late.  The problem is that when I wake up most of the day is gone!  😯

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hey Clo!  :hug: Did you have a good weekend?  Go easy on Bucket.  Not everyone has..

black and white love GIF

to sprinkle on plants and make them grow.

I might do well in the vegetable garden but house plants are another story. I have an anthurium I water when it comes to my mind. It's 2 years old so I might not be doing so bad (my mom used to gift me a little plant every new school year so the year She passed away my brother kept the tradition). 

Last month I've also brought Pepino, a lemon tree I've grown from a seed in 2019, back with me at the apartment for the winter months. Last year I had put it in the laundry room where it was kinda forgotten and had lost all its leaves :unsure:

As for my weekend it was very calm and quiet. Some grocery shopping Saturday morning then an afternoon of studying. Today I slept in then more studying (in class I rather focus on what the professor says so I take pictures of the slides and then type what on the picture into my own notes. It's also a good way to go over the notes and study)

• Love 4

11 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Everything I read says a regular schedule is so important. It’s a lot easier to recommend than to actually do it :rolleyes:

I know... sleep quality can affect so many aspects of our lives! But I'm a night owl so it's hard for me 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Sorry Clo but no back rides.  You'd jump on, and I would take a faceplant!  You got to be a female version of Aod.  He teases me by trying to jump on sometimes.  :yes: 

He try to jump you and you think he's teasing you?! :lol:

And what are you implying? :huh:<_< I'm light as a feather you'd know -_- (ok a lead one maybe :gikkle:)

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..