Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

5 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Hi everyone :hug:

I think Clo is playing with the weather again :P

Temperature is all over the place 33 on Wednesday then 18 a couple of days later…

Hey, I'm innocent 0:) :P It's getting chilly here in the morning with 10° but the afternoons are nice with 20°, we'll get some rain by the end of the week though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

The new chapter is posted...

Awesome! :hug: I'm off to reading it then going to bed, so I'll say goodnight all!

Tired Good Night GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Like 1
  • Love 4

42 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

@raven1 Hey again, Terry!  :hug: How are you and Aod?

We're doing good.  It's another lazy day, but I might be up to making some salad dressings later.  How are you and your gang doing?  How is Max doing in school after summer vacation?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:kiss::hug:

Hi Albert!  :hug::kiss:  I've been enjoying your comments on Bearpaw!  Also, I enjoy the pics and songs you are currently sharing there. Thanks! Say Hi! to Steve for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, raven1 said:

I loved teaching my fourth and fifth grade students science, and the experiments they got to do were the best way to learn.  Their minds are still open and willing to try to explain the unexplainable.

I'm happy that Max enjoys his schoolwork, though I am a little concerned; his partner for science class this year is someone who attempted to bully Max in the past. I hope the other kid is at least treating Max with civility so they can get good marks, but Max knows to report to us if there's anything amiss.

5 hours ago, raven1 said:

BTW, Max has great taste in food!

Yeah, Max loves choosing recipes and helping me make them. He's generally not a picky eater, but he doesn't like food that's overly sugary, greasy, or fattening. He also doesn't like shrimp, peanut butter, or most breakfast cereals.

Spoiler

Before Morgan and I had him, Max's previous guardian would serve cereal for breakfast, PB sandwiches for lunch, and boiled shrimp for dinner. Every. Single. Meal. Not even PB and jelly/jam, because, according to her, "The sugar will rot your teeth." What a Stupid woman. <_<

PB has sugar, many cereals in the US have sugar, as do many commercial brands of bread. There were no fruits or veggies served, because she "Doesn't like them." Poor Max actually had acne on his face when he came to us, at 9 years old! (Fortunately, that cleared up after a few weeks.) I'm astounded that he didn't also have scurvy, or some other nutritional deficiency.

Some people just aren't fit to be guardians.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Tea Bat.  :hug: What's brewing?

Hey Page :hug:

Thinking about cold tea recipes as I don’t have any of my brew left. Clo is playing with the weather so it’s a bit all over the place. 33C here today which will be a Spring record.

It was good to hear that Max escaped the cereal, PB, shrimp nightmare - I know quite a few folks have the same thing each weekday but every single day would just be sooooooooo boring. I like variety too much :) 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..