Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

7 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Sand... Is like glitter...πŸ€” yet still funπŸ™„πŸ™„Β Shoot, I would more than likely be building a sand castle with them...😏😏 I love the Beach and he free fun it brings...😢 part of all my transitions into the "Next Childhood"πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‹πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜

As I said before, you're never to old to have a happy childhood...πŸ˜€. But I doubt you could carry this with you in public...🧸.Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah... πŸ€”πŸ€”like maybe teach him how to kayak in the nude... And reminding him to put sunscreen on his boy bits before it's too late...???πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β Have fun in Frankfort. I want to Try and get up to St. Ignus this year before the cold hits...πŸ™„πŸ˜ however my Vacation plans always get messed up somehow...πŸ™πŸ˜’

Bob, great minds think alike...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

But what happens if they met him when they are skinny-dipping? πŸ˜€

He gets a very good idea of what's to come when he becomes a teen ...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Yeah... πŸ€”πŸ€”like maybe teach him how to kayak in the nude... And reminding him to put sunscreen on his boy bits before it's too late...???πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β Have fun in Frankfort. I want to Try and get up to St. Ignus this year before the cold hits...πŸ™„πŸ˜ however my Vacation plans always get messed up somehow...πŸ™πŸ˜’

When you are 7 you can do things that you can't when you are 29! Like being nude on a beach. πŸ˜€

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. No kilting for me today. Thistle is unwell. He seemed okay when I left yesterday morning but vomited before my dad was here to let him out. He was sick again after that. Drank alot during the day. He did was happy to get his Greenie treat this morning but was sick about an hour later. He's most content curled up in my lap. I boil some rice in chicken broth later and see how that goes.

@Kitt Saw Wings but the friend you told me about wasn't there yesterday. He's coming today. Unfortunately I'm not going to be there.

Β 

Thistle get well soon...πŸ’“

• Like 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, dughlas said:

So kilting stories ... there were no truly memorable adults but I kilted three different 11/12 yearolds.Β 

Kilting kids can be alot of fun. The first little guy came in with his parents looking for a kilt. I explained we don't do young boys kilts but have fitted lads with an adult small sized kilt. I explained the thing to understand about our kilts is they are patterned after the ancient hiking kilt. They are what is referred to as a "small" kilt. Meaning they only cover from waist to knee. The pleats are stitched in but not pressed and unlike modern kilts there are no fasteners, ie straps and buckles and the kilt is unlined. The lack of built in fasteners and lining allows quite a bit of leeway in fitting the kilt to the wearer's waist.

I cannot not recall the boy's name so I'll call him "Young Albert" though he never poked me with a stick.

Young Albert was 11 and roughly 4 and a half feet tall and growing. Well not growing as you could actually see it happening but trust me he was gonna get taller. Now keep in mind that I'm a 60+ white male. That put's me squarely in the potential "dirty old man" demographic. As a result I explain to youngsters exactly what I'm doing and why. Young Albert chose a primarily blue plaid with white, black and yellow lines creating the pattern. It's a popular plaid because it's colorful but not too busy. The fabric is soft so it fits well to wee tinyΒ bums. I knelt down to be on the same level as the lad. Damn, that kneeling down and getting back up used to be much easier. Young Albert had chocolatey brown hair, pretty blues eyes and smattering of freckles. Young boys often have such angelic faces. Such a boy was our Albert. I explained that I was going to reach around him to put the kilt on, and did so. Now for these wee lads I will fold the top apron under to achieve the proper look. I showed his mum how that would allow for growth. I explained that traditionally boys kilts were long and that the extra length below his knee would accomodate his growing. Modern Americans have this sense that everything ought to fit now, we'll just buy new as needed but kilts aren't inexpensive nor something you can pop into the local mall for. Explaining the practicality of tradition tends to switch on the lightbulb. If properly cared for this kilt could see him through his teens. Throughout this dear little Albert stood quietly looking absolutely adorable with a shy smile on his face. The folks passed on buying the kilt which is fine. Kilting is about the experience and one day I expect a not quite so young Albert to return ...

Does the kilt come with bagpipes? Bagpipes are so cool to listen to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Site Administrator
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. No kilting for me today. Thistle is unwell. He seemed okay when I left yesterday morning but vomited before my dad was here to let him out. He was sick again after that. Drank alot during the day. He did was happy to get his Greenie treat this morning but was sick about an hour later. He's most content curled up in my lap. I boil some rice in chicken broth later and see how that goes.

@Kitt Saw Wings but the friend you told me about wasn't there yesterday. He's coming today. Unfortunately I'm not going to be there.

Β 

Awww... poor pup. :(Β I hope he feels better soon.Β  :hug:Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Dughlas hope your well todayΒ :yes: I just love your stories

Greetings Albert. I am well enough though tired from being on my feet and busy yesterday. I'm glad you like the stories. I enjoy aharing them.

• Love 5

Γ—
Γ—

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..