Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

5 hours ago, Marty said:

Maybe send him a large book of blank drawing paper as well. He needs something to practice his crayoning on. I hear his daddy reckons he's too old to be scribbling on the walls nowadays.

Actually, scratch that idea. Might be wiser get him one of those where there are lots of numbers that he has to join up in order to make the pictures. There'd be a greater chance others might actually recognise what he's trying to draw.

:whistle: 

Marty, if Drew nukes Ireland...just remember I told you so....😀😀

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Well, Caz it is a valid concern...😊 For example...: I had let Kyle and Randy make up their own mind about Drinking and Drugs...I let them get drunk one Christmas holiday... Their response was a hefty hangover, I asked them the next morning and they both decided it wasn't for them, they didn't like it period...!! They have friends that do and a lot that don't so I would say the term everybody has or does is a matter of opinion and really should be up to the reader's opinion... Just saying everyone doesn't and your right a lot don't ever... I myself at a very early age tried pot and through a very bad experience while still in high school decided it was not for me, and never touched it again...on a final note, without ever coercing the boys have made choices that would be considered "Old Fashion" they don't move to follow the in gang but at the same time don't judge them either!! So I really think a whole lot is still the same as when we were younger,  and they have friends on both sides of the fence...😊☺☺ just keep your chin up and know that your thoughts are quite accurate...!!!😗😗😗

Bob great reply....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

You're welcome Caz. One other tidbit I heard many years ago. It was advice for young women concerning the men they were dating. It went something like this ... if you want to know how he will treat you if you marry, look at how he treats his mother. The implication being a young man who treats his mother with courtesy, love and respect will treat his wife in the same manner. Of course the opposite would also hold true.

Folks sometimes look at mum and me with surprise as most often we're teasing one another and they're just not sure. By the same token, I hold the door for her, push in her chair, open and close her cardoor and offer an arm in support if the ground is treacherous. I was taught this at a young age. As soon as I was old enough I was expected to be first to the door when we went out as a family. I opened and held the door for everyone, that meant my mother, father, sister, grandmothers and grandfathers, aunts and uncles, cousins too, though the older boys usually beat me to the task. If as sometimes happened there was a second door my father opened and held it until I, the last in line had entered. It was meant as courtesy not sexist as some have suggested. Quite obviously, my father and grandfathers being adult males could manhandle a door far more easily than my scrawny seven-yearold self and on occasion lent a hand opening a particularly irksome one though the holding duty remained mine. I still strive to be first to the door some of mum's friends are still learning. Many are single or widowed and grown accustomed to fending for themselves. Mum will put a hand on their arm and stand quietly by the door, occasionally she'll say "wait" until I get there. I was also taught that the man goes first only if the restaurant or other establishment is busy so he can clear a path in all other instances the woman goes first. I could go on but your eyes are beginning to glaze over ...

A very good reply. My mom hated 2 of my friends (so did Dennis mom). These two came in without knocking (like you see on sitcoms), my parents being older didn't like their attitude neither did Dennis' parents. My parents taught me to say Mr. and Mrs. and knock at a door. We are doing the same...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

You have a hair appointment scheduled 8 months from now? :rolleyes: I don't buy that excuse!

<signs executive order banning all balloons> -_- 

Yes, Gary has a hair appointment that day to look amazing for the 8th, which will be a greater celebration. Balloons will definitely be a plus :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

That's classified. -_- 

I'm the only maker of glitter nuke, therefore I know of every delivery we make plus it's mandatory to have glitter if you wanna a party worthy of being call a party -_-

Edited by clochette
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

You have a hair appointment scheduled 8 months from now? :rolleyes: I don't buy that excuse!

<signs executive order banning all balloons> -_- 

I'll just leave this without comment:

Hide contents

large.59c713dac08f0_OpusDei.png.bfaef8066836e20e311d15a55fe5a094.png

I promised July would be a Nuke-Free Month, and I keep my promises. -_- That's why I'm the greatest President ever! :P 

Bone Spurs? According to my Secretary of Health, that is a serious medical condition! :o You are hereby exempted, Sexy! :glomp: 

A bunch of hugs for you, Caz. :hug: 

Drew didn't answer if we could bring a tank or an aircraft carrier... I guess we can bring both....😀

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Morning all!!! Dennis told me that he will be home by 1. He is giving his employees 5 1/2 days off - until Tuesday. Dennis just gave me breakfast in bed.💓 Cereal, orange juice, coffee and a rose. 💓💓

Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  How is everyone?   :)

11 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Morning y'all! 😘

As President of the Great State of Texas, I am pleased to announce that a Military Parade will be held March 2, 2020 in honor of Texas Independence Day! :D

Hide contents

Y'all are required to attend. -_-

Hey, Drewbear.   :hug:  :kiss:  Instead of ass-kissing, will there be an ass-biting ceremony?   😀 

11 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Plus, I've got one editor that is telling me my young men are acting more like it's 1950, than 2019 because they brought gifts to their first date and do things like holding chairs/doors for each other. I'm not that far out of touch am i? I'm sure i saw a young man doing that for someone a few days ago. Surely manners haven't changed so completely since i was last dating? 

Nope, Mickey and Remy always hold doors and push in chairs for each other. Because Morgan and Dad-in-law have done a good job of teaching Mickey how to be a man. Remy just sort of picked up on it when they started dating.   :gikkle:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  How is everyone?   :)

Hey, Drewbear.   :hug:  :kiss:  Instead of ass-kissing, will there be an ass-biting ceremony?   😀 

Nope, Mickey and Remy always hold doors and push in chairs for each other. Because Morgan and Dad-in-law have done a good job of teaching Mickey how to be a man. Remy just sort of picked up on it when they started dating.   :gikkle:

How can you push in chairs for each other?😀 One has to be the man...and Dennis is...he pushes in my chair...and hold the door for me...

Edited by BabyXander1990
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Dennis and me are fine and so our Jordan and Kipp, Ash and the others...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Sweetlion said:

Hi all😁

Hey, Leo!   :hug:

7 hours ago, Marty said:

Maybe send him a large book of blank drawing paper as well. He needs something to practice his crayoning on. I hear his daddy reckons he's too old to be scribbling on the walls nowadays.

Hey, Marty.   :hug:  I was listening to this earlier, and it made me think of you.   :yes:

6 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Made a bit more progress in the garden this morning. Then it became too hot. Now the pup and I are relaxing in the shade enjoying the breeze.

Evening, Dugh and Thistle.   :hug:  *scratches Thistle on his belly*

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Dmrman said:

And there is absolutely no flaws in respect... Actually if people really " Want to Pay it Forward" that's where it should start... My mother was probably as precious as Mum in a lot of areas, I did so much over and above what I was taught...because it just felt Right, I wanted too out of love and respect...!!!😊😊 

Very true...we want our kids to be treated as ladies and gentlemen with their dates... (Hopefully they won't be dating anytime soon, thou Ash said the there's a guy who she likes, but I think Jordan and Kipp wants to reverse aging....😀 and out other two foster kids are still young. 💓So they won't think about dating for 7 more years hopefully...).

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Dmrman said:

Like Dugh said... Who ever got there first...as it should be still about respect... 😊😉 

True... Dennis pushes my chair in even when we went out to Peacham's (an ice cream restaurant in town) or to Denny's or HoJo...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Thanks Dugh :hug: it's good to know some ideas aren't being lost.

Hey, Caz.   :hug:  How are Mark and Ali?

2 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

@Caz Pedroso I know that when Dennis and I go out, Dennis holds the door for me. Dennis and I got taught that you should hold the door open for females (or feminine male, like me 💓). I know some parents aren't teaching that, but we are! Gifts on the first date and flowers should be bought...

Speaking of manners...when did it become common practice for menfolk to leave the cubicle door hanging wide open when they do #1?  <_< For ****'s sake!! I've seen it happen no less than FIFTEEN times this week, and it's only Wednesday!!   :pissed:

19 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Dennis and me are fine and so our Jordan and Kipp, Ash and the others...

I hope the kids are having a lovely time.   :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Leo!   :hug:

Hey, Marty.   :hug:  I was listening to this earlier, and it made me think of you.   :yes:

Glad it make you think of me, Gary.

I have to admit that I think Johnny Cash did one of the best versions, though. :unsure2:

Spoiler

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..